Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
temmi Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/4/huge-majorities-on-east-coast-support-national-gun/

MILLER: Huge majorities on East Coast support national gun registry

New poll of voters in Virginia, New York and New Jersey

The Washington Times

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Related Stories
MILLER: New Jersey bill is outright gun ban on .22-caliber rifles and leads to confiscation

A shocking poll released Tuesday shows overwhelming majorities of people in Virginia, New York and New Jersey support a national gun registry.

The survey released Tuesday was done jointly by Roanoke College in Virginia, Rutgers-Eagleton in New Jersey and Siena College in New York. It shows that 68 percent of New York voters and a whopping 74 percent of New Jersey voters are in favor of establishing a national gun registry.

Even in the southern state of Virginia � which has gone blue in recent years � 63 percent want the federal government to track all guns.

NRA Spokesman Andrew Arulanandam pointed out that the poll appears skewed.

�Given the exceptionally high numbers of support for President Obama and Hillary Clinton in this poll, it isn�t surprising that there would be high numbers of support for draconian gun control proposals,� he told me.

The poll does seem skewed with too many liberals and Democrats. None of the colleges said they asked party affiliation of the respondents.

For example, Mr. Obama got favorable approval from 57 percent of New York residents, which is far all other surveys that show the president having the support of less than a majority.

Mrs. Clinton�s approvals ranged from 65 percent in New York to 56 percent in Virginia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEE ALSO: MILLER: New Jersey bill is outright gun ban on .22-caliber rifles and leads to confiscation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The survey is also suspect since a CNN poll in the middle of the gun control debate on Capitol Hill last April showed only 44 percent of Americans supported a national firearms registry.

Mr. Arulanandam added that, �The five million NRA members an in sync with every reasonable law-abiding American who opposes gun registries and wants law enforcement resources used to ensure existing gun laws are enforced � and those who break these laws are arrested, prosecuted and punished.�

In addition, the overwhelming support of voters for a registry stands in contrast to the Constitution.

The Founding Fathers wrote the Second Amendment primarily to prevent government tyranny. If Washington knows the details of every gun owned by an American citizen, then it opens the door to confiscation.

Voters need to get educated on the impact of a federal gun registration on their personal freedoms and our nation�s future.

Emily Miller is senior editor of opinion for The Washington Times and author of�Emily Gets Her Gun� (Regnery, 2013).

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...oast-support-national-gun/#ixzz2v1Hi9Nel
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Think I found the error in the study.

"overwhelming majorities of people in Virginia, New York and New Jersey"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Puck them

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
temmi Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The east is lost

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
in the article they question the balance of those being questioned.

Huge majority of polling liberals is just a headline created to stir people up.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
NRA Spokesman Andrew Arulanandam pointed out that the poll appears skewed.

�Given the exceptionally high numbers of support for President Obama and Hillary Clinton in this poll, it isn�t surprising that there would be high numbers of support for draconian gun control proposals,� he told me.

The poll does seem skewed with too many liberals and Democrats. None of the colleges said they asked party affiliation of the respondents.

YA THINK?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Bull schitt, Thank GOD were a Republic and not a democracy.
Ask em how many criminals that they actually expect to register ANY fire arm.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by bea175
Puck them

+1

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
And yet people continue to give me grief for my disdain of Yankees.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
its a bs poll, just trying to justify the SH&$ theyre trying to pass as law, most of us wont comply. I cannot wait to move to a free state

Last edited by robes; 03/04/14.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Not just the EC Yankees; if the same poll was taken on on the WC all 3 (liberal) states, the results would be exactly the same & both sides of the country vote for every dumbazz liberal nominated for any office right down to dog catcher.

Idiots everywhere; I'm beginning to think that both coasts need to just slide away into the oceans.

The volume of electoral votes from NY & Kalifornia almost guarantee a conservative will never again be elected president.

MM

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Doesn't surprise me none. Since I moved back to MI, im really shocked how so many people think that some form or other of registration, bans, etc are OK.

The weirdest and most screwed up I heard is to have a gun you should go through an apprenticeship program before you can own one.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yep, cocksucking, government program, union sucking Yankees are a curse on the land.

Add the stoned left coast and it's a done deal.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Yeah, it's a BS poll. Just look who did the polling--three "institutes of higher learning." Do you think they actually polled off-campus, or anywhere except urban areas?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
You mean states that continue to elect the likes of Obama et al would be strongly opposed to gun registry?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Even during the birth of our nation there were gobs of dumbphukk yankees wishing they could remain sheep.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yeah but you hate everybody.

The pole was done by liberals to forward a liberal agenda. Most liberals are simply dishonest by nature and are concerned about party only and will tell any amount of lies to to grow the party.

Like has been said [bleep], but keep your eyes in the back of your head open.

Last edited by 12344mag; 03/04/14.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yep, they got of the boat and blobbed their ass and continued to make generations of ass blobbers.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Yeah but you hate everybody.

Nope, only enemies of the Constitution. Again, I've met more than my far share of so called 'conservative' Yankees to know they are nothing more than liberals that wear flannel and drive trucks.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd bet the country is divided more evenly along party lines than a skewed poll shows. This is just propoganda to condition the masses. Dishonest democrats USE the tools at their disposal, and that includes lopsided polls, liberal colleges, media.

LOL
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (beefan, 300_savage, BangPop, 907brass, 8 invisible), 1,452 guests, and 840 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,591
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.