Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,312 of 1,842 1 2 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1841 1842
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Got back from Lake of the Woods man it was COLD -50 windchill YIKES... We did good considering the weather, everybody had a good time.. 25 inch eye
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Cousins 24 inch eye first walleye ever thru the ice!!!!!

GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Wow congrats real nice fishies!!! no idea how you guys do that crazy a$$ cold like that.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Nice Walleyes Noduck.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
they look delicious! love me some walleye.

it's not the cold so much as the humidity smile

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by mule1
Oh yeah well my old lady has a antique organ !

Are you sure that's not you?

smirk

Something clever here.

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm really happy to see you guys got some nice fish. I know that a long drive for a fishing or hunting trip can be rewarding just for the adventure factor and seeing and doing new stuff. But I always feel bad when guys trek 6 or more hours to lake of the woods and the fishing is poor.

Glad you guys got some slot fish (the ones too big to keep) That's great.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Dv8uagain
Pretty funny Dave... way before I found this thread I was reading about your RR over at bbodiesonly. Cant forget that art work on there when you got it... I read Propwash's thread on his rebuild and and found a link to here then was surprised as I was reading through this coming across your daughters Mustang and your RR which I read about like a couple years ago. Then getting to those parts of this thread and putting it all together lol.
I am a fan of the E body cars mostly 70 Challenger's but don't have to room to rebuild one at the moment. I have an 07 Mustang GT with a bunch of goodies on it in the garage and am looking at a 13 GT500 or 11/12 Z06.

Wow that's pretty wild.

I have an interesting story to tell about the road runner.

It's sold.

(short story)

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
that was a short story, new project coming down the pike?

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Yes.

A really BIG one.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice way to break it to us.....

smile

The new project will definitely be bigger & better.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hopefully there will be a lot of new projects!

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by mule1
Oh yeah well my old lady has a antique organ !

Are you sure that's not you?

smirk

Well I do hear "Fossil" a lot!

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I've had the road runner for around 4 years now. The major work is complete, it's fun stuff from here forward. Like bolting on a person's choice of wheels and tires, collecting all the factory reproduction decals to apply under the trunk lid, under the hood etc. Detailing things, washing and waxing, changing oil and checking tire pressure, driving it to local car shows etc.

I get a txt a week and a half ago from a car club friend. He says there is a guy been txting him and calling him like crazy. This guy is looking for me, wants to talk to me about my 69 road runner.

My buddy dint want to give out my number to a stranger without checking with me first.

So, I get the number for the guy and I call him. Turns out there is a search effort going on for this road runner I've got. This guy is like second or third owner of the car and he's trying to help the previous owner to himself in finding the car.

(This really is a short version to this story too, I was on the phone with this guy for 2 hours)

A couple of days pass and I'm put in contact with the guy that's searching for his old car. He's been wanting it back for about 40 years.

He launched a serious search effort for it about 7 years ago.

He was shocked by the idea that the car still existed.

He was even more shocked by the fact the car was still numbers matching, still retains it's original engine, transmission, it's still all there.

He was further shocked to learn that it doesn't look like this:

[Linked Image]

Rather it looks like this today:

[Linked Image]

It's been his dream to find his old car from his high school days. He knew that was a lofty dream as 4 decades have passed. So he's been searching for a similar one, he would have settled for another T7 bronze hard top with white vinyl roof, 383/4 speed, air grabber hood.

One problem, there aren't any. He's been trying for years, they just don't exist.

Anyways, to the point here...

The guy is simply wild with excitement as I have agreed to sell him his first love from 40 years back.

It truly is an unbelievable story, who else could something like this happen to?

Yeah, probably nobody.

Feels like it was meant to be, as hard as it is to part with it. The gentleman is offering above fair price due to his sentimental attachment to the car.

I have a dream myself. A dream that will take some money to pull off. I'd like to pursue that dream and this sale will really help that dream become a reality.

This is a nice story, everybody wins.

The end.

Now if only someone would come looking for their long lost prize basset hound that keeps crapping in my garage.... I'd gladly reunite them, for free.

lol.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Such a cool story! And as we spoke about last night, its kinda like another piece of the puzzle is being put together.

Really makes you believe in the old "everything happens for a reason" theory.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Great story, Dave. I know you have a lot of blood, sweat and tears in the RR restoration. The good news is that you and Pam got the enjoy the end results.

The even better news is that the car is going back to someone with an even greater sentimental attachment to it. Going to be quite a reunion for that gentleman.

Can't wait to find out what project is coming down the pipe.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well if a guy is looking for a car for 40 years, he probably wants it worse than you do! You saved him money! No way he could get that car looking like you did, for the money he bought it for and I don't even know how much he bought if for. But I do know the work you put in that car.

Figure a shop rate of $75-100/hr and he got a hellova a deal!

The best part is, you have one HELLOVA story now about that car. I can't wait to hear the long version!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Pray to the car gods for me ya'll. On the weekend of March 16th, I'm hoping and praying I can get some paint on that '78 Ford f-150 4x4.

It's taken waaaay longer than I wanted it to but it is what it is. I've owned it since August 2009. The more I dug into it, the more that needed repair/replacement.

Common sense says I should sell it before it starts to rust away again but my blood, sweat, and little buddy say, keep it until it's a pile! grin

So far it runs great so that may happen.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by noduck
Got back from Lake of the Woods man it was COLD -50 windchill YIKES... We did good considering the weather, everybody had a good time.. 25 inch eye
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Cousins 24 inch eye first walleye ever thru the ice!!!!!

Nice 'eyes NoDuck! What are they...hazel? grin

We are heading up to LOW this weekend. Where abouts were you fishing at?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Great story, Dave. I know you have a lot of blood, sweat and tears in the RR restoration. The good news is that you and Pam got the enjoy the end results.

The even better news is that the car is going back to someone with an even greater sentimental attachment to it. Going to be quite a reunion for that gentleman.

Can't wait to find out what project is coming down the pipe.

First off, WELCOME KEVIN!! Glad you decided to post and join us on our adventures. grin

Thanks for the words Bill, I've had a hard time with this. In my heart of hearts, I know reuniting the Roadrunner with this guy is in the cards. this is all part of the bigger picture that we don't know what it is yet. Unfortunately I cried many a tears after Dave told me it was sold...poor guy he didn't see that one coming. I can't help it, I'm a girl. My attachment started right when Dave and I took that test drive the day we went to look at the car. Shortly thereafter followed more memories of all the hours of work, taking food out to the shop for Dave, a little sanding and cleaning and yes me sitting there watching Dave work and rambling on and on about nonsense just to hear myself talk while Dave did the "yep, uh huh, yep" husband responses.

I am very excited and very happy for the original owner. What an amazing find and how nice that he can again enjoy his car. I'm sure it will be quite the reunion when he finally sees the car in person.

So yes I'm ok with this now, it took me a little bit but I'm comforted by knowing that this is all a piece of the bigger plan. We have our memories, our laughter, our test drives and that one car show we were able to take the Roadrunner to. Yes we have other projects, a lot in fact, so many that one of Dave's friends starting calling him Sanford. LOL! Thank you everyone for all the words and for sticking with us on this ride we call "life".

Stay tuned, I'm sure whatever is in store, it will be a good one!

"I'm not crying!!"
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Here's to hoping that helping someone fulfill a dream like that results in many happy returns for you guys.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Page 1,312 of 1,842 1 2 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

105 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 18 invisible), 1,625 guests, and 977 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,916
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.