Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
http://gopthedailydose.com/2014/02/20/epa-not-blowing-smoke-decrees-nationwide-woodstove-ban/

i just received this info tonite so i hope it's not ancient history.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So , how many threads do we have to have about this ?

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Like i typed......i hope it's not ancient history.
Ignore it then.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Thank you,sir.
I did a search before my posting and received nothing back.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Don't use the forum search. It has limited value.

Bookmark this one:

24HCF Search

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chapped_lips
Like i typed......i hope it's not ancient history.
Ignore it then.

I'm not ignoring it, and am not going to, in the near future.

I THANK you for bringing this ridiculous, overbearing, offensive, bueaucratic regulatory horsechit back up, and to our attention.

No clue as to WTF these "Hall Monitors" get into one's face, when a subject SHOULD be brought up repeatedly.

Cut em' slack for worn out factors, but only up to a point, after that, they're just gnats.

Fuggem, if they can't take a joke.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
they'll have to pry my wood stove from my cold dead house!

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Let's see, They don't like my guns, My prospecting hobby, My truck and the wood stove that heats my home and garage.

I think it's time Americans reclaim their country back from these communistic pricks.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The disturbing trend in .gov seems to be they don't want you independent or prosperous, they want you dependent on them.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
paid for by big oil; discreetly.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
And they're gonna be slippin' and slidin' around with all the spent ammo cases on the floor...

I am actually in the process of replacing my ancient wood stove (40+ years) with a new one. I talked to one outfit close by and he said the EPA didn't consult the industry at all on this upcoming mandate. Normally they come to the manufacturers and get input, then make rules.. Not this time. I replied 'of course not - not THIS EPA; staffed by and run by this regime who's determined to have us all use nothing but solar and wind power'....

The industry has basically told the EPA that if you do install these rules/regs that it will completely crush the industry and put them all out of business - since that high of an efficiency is virtually impossible.

In any case, I'm replacing mine before this fall - and if some a-hole from the EPA stops by, he'll get the bums rush...

screw them..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
And they're gonna be slippin' and slidin' around with all the spent ammo cases on the floor...

I am actually in the process of replacing my ancient wood stove (40+ years) with a new one. I talked to one outfit close by and he said the EPA didn't consult the industry at all on this upcoming mandate. Normally they come to the manufacturers and get input, then make rules.. Not this time. I replied 'of course not - not THIS EPA; staffed by and run by this regime who's determined to have us all use nothing but solar and wind power'....

The industry has basically told the EPA that if you do install these rules/regs that it will completely crush the industry and put them all out of business - since that high of an efficiency is virtually impossible.

In any case, I'm replacing mine before this fall - and if some a-hole from the EPA stops by, he'll get the bums rush...

screw them..

VERY well said!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The farmers lobby usually beats them back in NY..

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
this isn't really about the e.p.a., but it is about fireplaces and wood burning stoves, both of which i have had/or do have.
Couple of weeks ago, I had to go up to my house in prescott, about 1000miles north of phoenix. Prescott when i was growing up probably had maybe 5000people there, now in the tricities area probably 75000 people. Use to be when he had to go from prescott to Phoenix, we would literally take our own water, phx water tasted bad, and we refered to it as "the valley of smog."
Well, prescott sits in a valley and dropping over the hill into it, the air quality was worse than the air quality in phoenix where i had just left. It reeked of wood smoke from the temp inversion hanging over the area. Too many fire places, too many stoves, and it sucked. Visability was definitely affected.
I believe they are talking about restrictions on the use, and it is easy to see why.
Progress, I guess.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 03/05/14.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Like I said on similar posts. Fine. Bring it.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
RE restrictions... you are going to pollute to heat and cool.

Its like the folks thinking electric cars are SO clean because they drive past the gas pump. But the [bleep] don't drive by the coal burning power plant that we do every day.

Reality needs to set into some of these agencies.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You know they have to support the government power monopoly.
People have been screwing government out of lots of revenue for a long time.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 03/05/14.

NRA Lifetime Member
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by ironbender
Don't use the forum search. It has limited value.

Bookmark this one:

24HCF Search

Thanks for posting that.

Much better.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,493 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,592
Posts18,492,149
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.