Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
ROMAC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I was gun shop hopping last week and came across a signal cannon. I've always wanted one for the heck of it so I bought it. Front stuffer, not 10 gauge breach loading type. Anyway, I can't find a thing on this company on the internet, although I did find a video of some guys shooting one just like mine on youtube.

It is about 13 inches overall and makes a nice loud bang with 30 grains of FF.

Anybody know anyhing about Hansen?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I always wanted one of those mobile 155.

NRA Lifetime Member
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Last edited by HankStone; 03/05/14.
ROMAC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the effort to supply the links.

Still no definitive information for Hansen though.

Hopefully something will turn up.

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i want to make one of those. i have a piece of solid SS rod 1.5" across and about 15 inches long. i have no idea how i'd drill the bore and touch hole though.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
rem141r;
Top of the morning to you sir, I trust this wet and cool March morning finds you acceptably well.

For those who are interested in creating their own miniature noise makers that would resemble an antique artifact I'll post this cautionary tale.

Please note that as I'm not sure of the legality of creating one's own scale model antiques that I was NOT there for ANY of this and its ALL at LEAST 3rd hand information that I can't verify any of the participants of.......

So "this guy" gets his hands on some mine shafting of a known skookum quality and decides to bore a tube out and shape it.

The tube is maybe a foot long, quite heavy and as he had a 3/4" boring bar handy for the shop lathe the device ends up more or less 12 guage.

He spends the entire winter making a gorgeous oak carriage, complete with oaken spoked wooden wheels with perfectly formed metal outer rings. It was just bloody wonderful all around.

The proverbial fly in the ointment was that he wasn't exactly a gun guy, but knew enough that it had to use black powder and so contacted a distant, DISTANT relative that was a gun guy.

Gun guy had black powder, knew enough to measure the bore, research a safe load using FFG and a Foster slug with the correct patching. Gun guy knew the proper lube for the patching, did the math on the size of the flash hole and pronounced the test load safe for the tube diameter, etc.

Gun guy should have stayed awake in physics class however.......

So it was then that one bright mountain morning Gun guy and Lathe master sallied forth up to a secluded spot to test out the antique artifact.

Said artifact was rolled out onto the tailgate of a long box Japanese 4x4 pickup, pointed in a safe direction, had the proper fuse installed and lit.....

The artifact did in fact give a loud signal when the powder lit up. It gave another signal when it hit the front of the truck box - at considerable speed and ferocity they hasten to add - just below the back window.

It left quite a mark there - so they said.

Subsequent artifact testing involved chaining the artifact down through the front wheels - which after some research they found was the way the ancestors controlled the life sized signal devices. Who knew? blush wink

Again my fellow denizens of the 'Fire, this is at least 3rd hand information, maybe even 5th, so I can't personally verify any of it.

Perhaps in this internet age of information none of the above would have ever taken place too. Who knows? laugh

Hopefully at least the story gives you or someone a grin this wet and foggy morning sir. Good luck with your lathe work whichever way you decide.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 1badf350, 2500HD, 1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 59 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,904
Posts18,518,553
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.