Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
I am going to need a new muzzleloader for next season. Thought I could get a good deal if I look now. I am looking at the tc pro hunter fx and the the new redemption. Anyone have experience with either?

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
redemption seems to be a mess from what ive read.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by bigblock455
redemption seems to be a mess from what ive read.

Can you expand on that? I haven't seen much negatively about the Redemption and was considering getting one.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Google it and read the reviews. Most all I have read from people that own them are very positive. Most of the negatives come from people who don't own them. Go figure.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
actual reviews from buyers or just from the writers? I saw 2 people with them on the forums, 1 of which never shot it.

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Buyers. Writers are good at giving the details, but the guys who spend their own money and take them home count most to me. Cabelas had them for awhile and all purchasers who sent a review gave it a 5 out of 5 rating. A couple good reviews from Midway buyers.
The guy that wrote this review seemed thrilled with his:
http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-736854.html
As did this gentleman:
http://huntingny.com/forums/topic/19706-new-lhr-muzzleloader/

There's another well known muzzle-loading forum where the guys bad mouth it to no end..........but none of them have one. Makes no sense to me.

Charter Member

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Do some searches here: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/ Several reviews there

Venor ergo sum
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I read some posts about how great they shoot but no targets.

i wanted one at first but got to looking at it, to dang funky looking, just real short and blocky.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I was looking at the Redemption a while back just never pulled the trigger on it. Either way I'd buy it over a TC any day....LOL

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
The redemptions seem a little high at $600 what do you all think of knights?

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Charter Member

szihn

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
With the lack of posts on the redemption, that should tell you something.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
knight would be the way to go . Hard to go wrong with the guns they have

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
With the lack of posts on the redemption, that should tell you something.

Do you even read the forum that you advertise? You must have select amnesia, your friend Carlos gave it a great review.

Charter Member

szihn

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
there maybe 2 on there, one i know for sure shot it for a report and info then sold it lol. Thats a lot of coin to spend on something with pretty much no paper trail.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
there maybe 2 on there, one i know for sure shot it for a report and info then sold it lol. Thats a lot of coin to spend on something with pretty much no paper trail.

Real world pricing it's comparable to the imported Vortec Strikerfire, which you also promote and advertise for. Speaking of paper trail, it's funny when reading posts about the Redemption in different forums, it's not uncommon for someone from Boncarbo, CO. with no first hand experience with one, to chime in to berate it. The OP wanted to know if anyone had experience with them. I don't, but looking into it, it's not hard to see that people who actually own or have shot the Redemption have good things to say about them. People that endorse competitive products don't.

Charter Member

szihn

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Do you have an Redemption? If not, why not? You seem to know they are a fine rifle. i wanted one, but after looking it for a while i took note how short, stubby and ugly it was.

Strikerfire on the other hand isnt short or stubby, had better futures like a breech plug that doesnt need pliers to remove after shooting. And the results speak for it.
[Linked Image]

I did update the mount/rings since the factory set up was pretty high.
[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
And there it is, a shameless plug for your sponsor...... and another insinuation you got from misreading Toby Bridges review of the Redemption. The point is, the OP wanted to know peoples experience with two muzzleloaders he's considering, the LHR and the TC . The LHR is new to the market and evidently no one, so far, on this forum has one to comment on. I don't and neither do you. But, as I pointed out, there are plenty of reviews and forum posts out there from people that do have them and generally they have good things to say. But you seem to pop up on several forums to spread BS about it. Why is that? Your posts on anything TC, or should I say non BPI, are the same. You're too transparent.

Charter Member

szihn

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
i found a review, lhr admits the plug freezes up after a couple shots with t7 and pyrodex, if its not bh209, its going to lock solid.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
i found a review, lhr admits the plug freezes up after a couple shots with t7 and pyrodex, if its not bh209, its going to lock solid.

Post the link. I'm sure others that are considering buying an LHR would like to read any subjective review. I've read enough positive from actual owners, even those using T7, that I sent my check in for one this morning.

Charter Member

szihn

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 66 invisible), 2,325 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,675
Posts18,513,267
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.