-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Just a few minutes ago I picked up a Ruger Blackhawk 5.5" stainless Bisley .45 from UPS. I had sent it back to the factory on Feb. 18, they received it on the 24th. 2nd day air back to me (which was actually 3 day) so they shipped it on Monday 3/3. Basically a one week turnaround, which is pretty good by itself. But it gets better.

I had bought the revolver used and it had a little too aggressive trigger job. The trigger would pop forward when pulled slowly, not pull through. I noted this in my letter, said it was bought used and had a trigger job, could they please replace what was needed to bring it back to factory spec. I kept expecting to hear from them on a cost estimate to fix it. Never heard back until I got the return shipping notice email.

They not only fixed the trigger but threw in a bunch of other stuff. From their Packing slip: "New pivot pins, grip frame screws, pawl spring, cylinder latch spring, ejector housing screw, front sight retainer pin, basepin latch, Polished. Repair, safety function check and test firing has been completed, released for shipping."

Even though it was not their fault at all, they fixed it for free and added a bunch of stuff I never even mentioned.

So, a tip of the hat to Ruger for great customer service.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Over on some of the ruger sites, many people say the same thing. i really hope they continue with the good CS. it was one large deciding factor when i purchased a firearm last year.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

I bought a 22/45, took it apart, put it back together ( a blind man should be able to) it would not fire...spend hrs. trying to get the hammer positioned correctly, even watched 4 video's, but I was stumped...

gave it to a neighbor who knew a "gunsmith"........loose word.......in Alexandria, va........when it came back, same as when I sent it, would not fire....

called Ruger,to send it back, customer service gentleman ask me if I had time, he would try to help me....told him sure.....

I had it apart in 1 minute( should of as I had done it dozens of times)....

the Ruger CS gentleman took me step by step & presto, with in 4 minutes, it was fixed........that hammer position is the key...big time....works perfectly.......

the "gunsmith"....had broken the magazine " follower button" on the magazine, making it useless.....have no idea where it's at, as it was not returned in the box.....

during disassembly the manual advises to watch not to hit the sight if you can't get the pin out....guess how it came back....

explained the situation of the 3 parts, they shipped them free to me.....

you talked about customer service.........no wonder I own 3 Ruger #1's, 2 pistols, 2, 22's, & 3 M77 tang safety ......all Rugers.....

Gene
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I've had nothing but fine service from Ruger over the last 15 years.. One of the very few manufacturers who stands behind their firearms in ways others do not..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Always impressed by them, top notch company and customer service

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
-Thomas Jefferson
IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have had great service from them and S&W as well.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've always had great service from them as well.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
In general my interactions with customer service has been good and thankfully limited with the major manufacturers

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
What few times I have needed Ruger CS they have been outstanding.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I like Ruger products and recommend them to people for purchase largely because they make a product that will stand up to a great deal of use. As mentioned though, they also have a customer service department that stands behind their products, when necessary.

Finally, it is good to see such products and customer service from an American company.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For some time now, Ruger has had a "Tell the CEO" feature on their homepage whereby consumers can offer input and commentary on Ruger products and service.

I used that nifty feature to encourage Ruger to upgrade the sights on the little LCP a few years ago and I was surprisingly rewarded some weeks later with an unsolicited little souvenir.

Well, this morning I sent the CEO (Mike Fifer) a little follow-up "Thank You" email for listening to us end-users and implementing the recent LCP upgrades.

Believe it or not, I got a personal response from Mike (on a Sunday, mind you) within just a few hours with a personal comment about something unrelated to the LCP topic.

You can't say that's a routine occurrence from the CEO of a billion dollar company.

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (17CalFan, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 71 invisible), 2,346 guests, and 1,496 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,679
Posts18,493,859
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.