Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
Glad to hear it! I will keep you in prayer!

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had a pretty bad one at age 50 as well, then another on the table and they were stenting my LAD artery. Ended up with three stents. Yeah, it makes a guy wake up and start smelling the roses more, for SURE! Pretty clear that God has something left for you to do here, or some growing to accomplish in your life. I would suggest you get about finding that that (or those) things are and get after them hard, with his help of course.

Glad you are still with us!

MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Rockinbbar

Praying for you!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Praying for you and your family.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
For sure, Rib. I never woulda thought it. Too many marbled steaks? WTF?

God bless and get well soon. Eye.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Good to hear your still vertical Barry; you got a lot of livin' yet to do. Enjoy your recovery and get some relax time in aka, hunting and shooting.
Maybe a good idea if you would elaborate on what you now know might have been symptoms that you over looked or ignored? Might be some valuable information to your insight?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by manydogs
Only 52? You look a lot older wink

It ain't the years, but the miles... grin
An old friend here in the valley assured me that it's not the miles that you have traveled, but rather the stops that you made along the way. Take care of yourself and stick around with us a while.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lost a good friend and co-worker to a massive heart attack just before Christmas. He was elk hunting with his wife. His Grandfather and father died of the same thing at the same age...58. Rockinbar glad you are on the mend!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
Good to hear your still vertical Barry; you got a lot of livin' yet to do. Enjoy your recovery and get some relax time in aka, hunting and shooting.
Maybe a good idea if you would elaborate on what you now know might have been symptoms that you over looked or ignored? Might be some valuable information to your insight?

I agree, Vic. And Thank You for the well wishes.

The symptoms when the actual event was going on fooled me the first time it happened on Feb. 10th because I was having some respiratory issues at the time, and thought that what I was feeling was because of that. But, it wasn't.

The symptoms come on very quickly and get your attention.

I felt a pressure throughout my chest. Not a small pressure, but a MAJOR pressure that I can only describe as what it would be like if a hot, prickly pear balloon were inflated in your chest. You can't breathe well, get a cold sweaty feeling on your face, and have a pain as well. The location of the pain often varies in location. It can be in your shoulder or somewhere else. Mine was shooting from my back, between my shoulder blades, and going up through my neck, clear to my jaw. I had an electronic pulse/oxygen sensor here where I live, and put that on my finger and my pulse was clocked at 130+...

The heart incidents I was having lasted perhaps a bit longer than half an hour before subsiding.

You also have a feeling of distress. Like you are going to die, but can't do anything about it... kinda like being held underwater, and not being able to reach the surface.

Trust me, that is not a feeling you ever want to experience.

I'm just glad to have been close to advanced medical facilities that had the equipment and highly trained doctors and staff to take care of the problem before it killed me. Check your local hospitals and emergency centers and find out who has an accredited Chest Pain Center... THAT is where you want to be when this happens.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12savage, 65 invisible), 2,200 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,915
Posts18,479,632
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.