C
cwh2 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Care to explain/defend?

Link: http://alaskaoutdoorcouncil.org/

"Alaska's lone Representative in the US House of Representatives, Don Young has chosen to draft a bill creating an Athna Traditional Territory turning over game management and allocation to Co-Managers in parts of GMU 11, 12, and 13. The draft bill will be heard before the US House of Representatives Friday, March 14, 2014. Over half of the Territory is State public domain lands. Draft bill and map of area links below."

Link to the bill: http://alaskaoutdoorcouncil.org/images/stories/ahtna_bill.pdf

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Any day now; the democrats will throw ethics violations at him, like they did Sarah Darlin grin

I'll be interested to see how many democratic co-sponsors his bill picks up.

Didn't Lisa do something similar to this, when she feared for re-election? grin

PS...Isn't prostitution illegal?

http://www.johnrcoxforcongress.com/

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He knows what side his fry bread is buttered on wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hmmmm.............I think you might want to stop buttering that stuff....doesn't sound very healthy to me! grin

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The Sealaska bill that Don Young passed thru the House and all Committees in 2013 was entitled "Alaska Native Land Entitlement Finalization and Jobs Protection Act"

Evidently it wasn't the 'Final' act ...

That FINAL Act sits in the Senate waiting for a vote. When passed it will be a huge blow to all hunters and fishermen in SE Alaska.

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
AHTNA and others control most of the access to unit 13, quiet behind the door land trades. Now they will control the game also.
Please tell me where I can hunt in my home state.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cwh2
Care to explain/defend?

Link: http://alaskaoutdoorcouncil.org/

"Alaska's lone Representative in the US House of Representatives, Don Young has chosen to draft a bill creating an Athna Traditional Territory turning over game management and allocation to Co-Managers in parts of GMU 11, 12, and 13. The draft bill will be heard before the US House of Representatives Friday, March 14, 2014. Over half of the Territory is State public domain lands. Draft bill and map of area links below."

Link to the bill: http://alaskaoutdoorcouncil.org/images/stories/ahtna_bill.pdf

Never been a fan of Don Young, this solidifies what i've always thought of him.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Never been a fan of Don Young

He was one of the good guys. Lisa and Marky have given him a disease.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kk alaska
AHTNA and others control most of the access to unit 13, quiet behind the door land trades. Now they will control the game also.
Please tell me where I can hunt in my home state.
it aint yours...u can be here 60 years and walk in some parts of this state and u would be the only fellow in the hood...now with the right last name & provided u have blood that walked across the Bering land bridge....blah blah wolf wolf......

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don is my favorite of the 3 we send to DC

doesn't mean I agree with him all the time or even like him

I'd much prefer a bullet to the brain to be executed vs.

hanging

or being burned alive

that's pretty much how DY ends up being my fave of our 3 headed monster

but all of them and the vast majority of their colleagues are killing us slowly with their crookedness, ineptness and dishonest ways.

Don seems to me to be an egotistical blowhard with a hot temper.

and yet he remains the best of the 3, shows what a sad state of affairs we're in.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

C
cwh2 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
That sums up how I feel about the whole lot perfectly.

Campfire Ranger
Online Mad
Campfire Ranger
That pretty much sums it up for me.

We're stuck with him until we can put up someone better who's electable.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Online Mad
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear

I like what I see so far. I would like to see him step back away from the "pro-life" thing a ways because I think it's a third-rail issue that loses elections and maybe embrace a little more hostility and aggression toward the feral govt's overreach, land-grabs and what I see as the feral's blatant violations of the Alaska Statehood Compact.

Z
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I would like to see him step back away from the "pro-life" thing a ways because I think it's a third-rail issue that loses elections

Not me. The government needs to get the hell out of the abortion business. You want to kill a kid cause you got knocked up, do it on your dime. The taxpayer is not liable because you couldn't keep your drunken legs together. Buy your own condoms too.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Online Mad
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I would like to see him step back away from the "pro-life" thing a ways because I think it's a third-rail issue that loses elections

Not me. The government needs to get the hell out of the abortion business. You want to kill a kid cause you got knocked up, do it on your dime. The taxpayer is not liable because you couldn't keep your drunken legs together. Buy your own condoms too.

I agree with paying your own way and govt staying out the abortion bidness both pro & con. But that's not how it comes across in these platforms.

Z
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
But that's not how it comes across in these platforms.

We'll have to take a good listen. One side says there's a war on women, and the other is portrayed as onward christian soldiers.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I doubt it will do any good but I sent Don Young an e-mail to let him know my feelings on the draft bill. You guys should do the same.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
All politics put aside here guys.

Have you read this bill or seen the map of the area that it will take up. I will attach each below.

A few quotes from Young's Bill. (PS I have voted for him 100% of the time)

��(d) CO-MANAGEMENT OF THE NELCHINA CARIBOU HERD.�The Ahtna Wildlife Co-Management Group shall develop a management plan for the Nelchina Caribou herd that applies throughout the herd�s migratory range. If the State is a member of the Ahtna Wildlife Co-Management Group and adopts the management plan developed by the Ahtna Wildlife Co-Management Group, State regulations implementing the management plan shall govern manage- ment of the herd on all lands throughout the migratory range.

and some more...

Ahtna Wildlife 3 Co-Management Group to exclusively manage the 4 taking of wildlife for subsistence uses and Ahtna 5 Native Villages� customary and traditional uses of 6 wildlife on all public lands within Ahtna�s Tradi- 7 tional Territory and, if the State is a member of the 8 Ahtna Wildlife Co-Management Group, also to co- 9 ordinate the wildlife management conducted on pub-
10 lic lands within Ahtna�s Traditional Territory with 11 wildlife management conducted on all State lands 12 within Ahtna�s Traditional Territory. The negotiated 13 rulemaking committee shall ensure that the proposed 14 rule�

Now your map link.
http://alaskaoutdoorcouncil.org/imag...ritory_map.pdf

Most of you will see that will include all of unit 13, some of 12, some of 11 and a bit of unit 20.

Say good by to your King and Red fishing on the Kultina, and forget about any caribou hunts! Has the man lost his mind?

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
I doubt it will do any good but I sent Don Young an e-mail to let him know my feelings on the draft bill. You guys should do the same.

I did the same and it is the only recourse right now. Not that he will react but I am betting he wanted this to slide just under the radar like the Community Moose hunting bill that was his as well.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
now Don has your email address to send his "Washington Report" (or whatever it's called) email.

I'll be surprised if he answers with anything more than 'thank you for your interest'.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,516 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,057
Posts18,501,098
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.