Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You guys are a hoot!
As I read messages/banter I can imagine your voices & personalities and they fit. (I think??)
What does it mean? Uh,... The Savage Forum is a place of wisdom & wit. Not necessarily in that order.
Good group. Thanks!
grin

"Every day above ground is a good day."
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Roy, I think a neat base for that lamp would be a rim off of a '64 Chevy BelAir, preferably with a bald re-cap tire still on it. No need to thank me.

Why don't ya get some of that lead outta yer butt and melt that down into an ingot for me!! shocked That should oughta work! laugh laugh laugh

LOL
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Well wow,

First off you you guys are whacko! I'll fit right in Mwhahwhhaha

Secondly, I never thought there would be this much interest in duplicating stocks...or lamps...lol

If this is for real that I may be very interested taking on a few extra projects. Maybe we can work out a deal or two.. Norm dont you have that Model 99E in .303? :P

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
If a guy were really good at duplicating stocks i would think it could be a full time job ! grin

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Well that's funny. I have it as a hobby. I will actually be working on a hardwood fore stock for a friend and he wants me to duplicate a front grip for his .308 semi. This will be a one piece wood stock with integrated wood frond grip.

Cant wait to try this one out laugh

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=PRoT0CoL]Bah talk to me in a few months and ill redo a stock for you.
Just really busy right now. Provide the example stock and pay for the media and shipping and ill just cut you a new one... Gives me some extra time on my rig

laugh [/quote

how many can you cut at one time????????

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by norm99
Just really busy right now. Provide the example stock and pay for the media and shipping and ill just cut you a new one... Gives me some extra time on my rig

laugh [/quote

norm

Hey Norm,

I can only cut one at a time but the process to produce a rough stock takes about 1 hour. its not sanded or trimmed/bedded.

Also I have been reading on the misc info. Anything I can do with a 99 to correct headspace that doesnt involve a gunsmith or reloadings? Could that tapping with a rubber hammer trick to tighten the lever help with the headspace.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Oh does anyone know where i can get, go, no-go, field gauges for a .300 savage?

Heck if anyone has em. id cut them a stock for borrowing them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/Store/Cart.aspx

They should also have the other two.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PRoT0CoL
Originally Posted by norm99

laugh [/quote

norm

Hey Norm,

I can only cut one at a time but the process to produce a rough stock takes about 1 hour. its not sanded or trimmed/bedded.

Also I have been reading on the misc info. Anything I can do with a 99 to correct headspace that doesnt involve a gunsmith or reloadings? Could that tapping with a rubber hammer trick to tighten the lever help with the headspace.

will not hurt locking up tight and staying there is better than trying to hold it up while shooting.

I have taken 003 thou brass shims put them in front of the bolt to check HS and on one rifle had 009 in front and 006 behind the bolt 15 thou is a tad :(much

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
EOSC is half the price of Stitsville if you shoot handgun. And open 365 days a year not like Stitsville hardly ever open except on weekends and afternoons a couple of days a week. Stitsveille is closed almost all winter. EOSC has no gun shop but it's always open. I just dropped off a .22HP shooter to Jason I had 2" play in the lever it would not lock up one shake and it opened up 2", Jason fixed it right up now it locks up tight like new rifle. He very knowledgeable wen it comes to 99's. The .22HP is a shooter I picked up recently.

Last edited by rooster99; 03/12/14.

......... 99's FOREVER .........

.........AKA Rooster22......nutz
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 52 invisible), 17,828 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,889
Posts18,538,530
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.