Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
There are two sides to every story. I would guess that if the man was polite he would have gone about his merry way.

Good god, you're obtuse.

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by wageslave
Am I reading this right?
Then the "officer" pockets the cash?

No, the department does. At least all of the cash that is turned in...

And who's to know how much the cop kept??? My guess is as long as he turns some in, they don't care how much he keeps. I'm thinking once the dealers figure this out, stopping them with out getting shot could get more dangerous. :roll:

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
These listed incidents are a gross usurpation of power! I hope the court throws the book and the punitive damages are lucrative.
This is exactly what the LEO community doesn't need. In 25 years of this I never heard this taught or encouraged by any department I came into contact with.
The only time this came into play was with drug sale cases where a buy/bust was used or a search warrant was served at a location.
Any cash found and certainly this occurred, was logged into as evidence and used at trial as proceeds of the illicit sales.

What this article writes about is an illegal "shake down" by thugs with badges.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In today's society cops assume anyone with large sums of cash is up to no good. This is another lovely side effect of the war on drugs. Our government has WAY too much power of its citizens.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
In today's society cops assume anyone with large sums of cash is up to no good. This is another lovely side effect of the war on drugs. Our government has WAY too much power of its citizens.

The government doesn't have WAY too much power, they have seized an illegal chunk of it by ignoring the Constitution. That is what needs to be reigned in.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Foxbat

Good god, you're obtuse.

That's the first Shawshank Redemption reference I've seen here.
Nicely placed. smile

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Didn't read all the posts. All anybody needs to know is that possession is 9/10ths of the law.

And the cops know it.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
There are two sides to every story. I would guess that if the man was polite he would have gone about his merry way.

What a brilliant legal mind you have.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Dutch
Didn't read all the posts. All anybody needs to know is that possession is 9/10ths of the law.

And the cops know it.
Then they shouldn't take folks' money.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
LMAO! Good one.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Traffic Cops get worse and more intrusive yet:

GOP congressman demands answers on potentially unconstitutional federal study that collects motorists� bodily fluids

The survey is supposed to be voluntary, but the tests are being conducted by police officers in uniform, causing some motorists to complain that they do not feel they have any choice in the matter. Moreover, the Associated Press reported, the surveyors use something called a �passive alcohol sensor� that tests drivers� breath for alcohol content before they formally consent to the survey.

In November, the NBC affiliate in Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas reported that motorists felt they had been railroaded into taking the tests.

�I gestured to the guy in front that I just wanted to go straight, but he wouldn�t let me and forced me into a parking spot,� Kim Cope told NBCDFW in November 2013, who said she �finally did the Breathalyzer test just because I thought that would be the easiest way to leave.�

�As the motorist came to a safe stop in the bay,� and before the drivers had consented to participate or been told what they were being asked to participate in, �the data collector recorded basic demographics based on observation (e.g., the number of passengers, use of a safety belt by the driver, and the gender and ethnicity of the driver)� � so that we would have descriptive information of potential subjects who refused.�

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/12/g...s-motorists-bodily-fluids/#ixzz2voJ40HFx

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The drug war is the tool to take your Liberty, anyone who thinks taking "drug" money is OK is a stool for the Tyrannical.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Government is legally authorized organized crime.

Government may start out harmless enough but it will always be taken over by criminals soon or later.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (007FJ, 1lessdog, 160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 54 invisible), 2,133 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,240
Posts18,504,551
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.