Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I doubt I could get some of the campers pictured into some of the places I hunt and fish.

I flipped the axle on this camper for more ground clearance. Not the warmest when temps fall into the 20s, but at least out of the wind and sleeping in a comfortable bed.

[Linked Image]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
[Linked Image]

You Towing your trailer with the Tacoma in the photo?
AMRA

Molan Labe
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by eh76
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I like that set up, a friend of mine does the same thing..its sure easier to tow around..going HAM with the $12 whiskey too smile

I have a little tent trailer i like to use on early season hunts. The older I get the more I appreciate not being in a tent. Wall tents are nice and comfy, but kind of a pain to set up.

Also if i'm going thru the trouble of towing a trailer somewhere, the sumbish is going to be heated at night! if not whats the point in bringing it?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Thanks for the experience guys, I just learned more than I did w/ several hours on Trailer Life forums yesterday. It seems their idea of boondocking is a walmart parking lot. iddave that Nash looks almost ideal. Did it come insulated or was that your work. I am guessing that is around 21', do they make a smaller version? Most of our trips occur between labor and memorial days so warmth is pretty important. I agree a shower occasionally is a good thing. My wife says no more solar showers. Thanks to everybody this is becoming pretty feasible to me now. Today I wil start looking at mfg. sites and tomorrow go to some dealers and get a better idea on how small I can go.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I finally broke down and got one of these. It is the only way I can get the wifey to go camping.

[Linked Image]
Casita Liberty Deluxe

It's big advantage is that it's small; easy to maneuver, easy to pull, follows well, lightweight, economical to tow.

It's big disadvantage is that it's small; just right for two people, more than that is too tight.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Thanks for the experience guys, I just learned more than I did w/ several hours on Trailer Life forums yesterday. It seems their idea of boondocking is a walmart parking lot. iddave that Nash looks almost ideal. Did it come insulated or was that your work. I am guessing that is around 21', do they make a smaller version? Most of our trips occur between labor and memorial days so warmth is pretty important. I agree a shower occasionally is a good thing. My wife says no more solar showers. Thanks to everybody this is becoming pretty feasible to me now. Today I wil start looking at mfg. sites and tomorrow go to some dealers and get a better idea on how small I can go.

mike r

Came from the factory that way bud. This is our second Nash, and I couldn't be happier with them. They are VERY well built, and make everything (including frames) in-house. Take a look at the 17k if it's just you and the wife. Mine is a 23B, which is bigger than I'd like, but fits my family of four just about right. They are true, 4-season campers and will take a lot of abuse.

Dave

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
iddave, thanks, we have a dealer here in town and I will go there next week. That 17' may do the trick they are the only ones I have found that promote the 4 season concept.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S

We used to live in my utility trailer that I used to haul the 4 wheelers in. It was fine, but once I started looking at toyhaulers, The utility trailer and cots went down the road. I settled on this toyhauler that I have had in some pretty remote spots. When you come back to the trailer at the end of the day, it does beat the basic utility trailer, cots and Coleman stove...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Horse trailer/camper. Probably not relevant to the OP's post but this is another option. Propane heater, cookstove and lights. Overhead bunk and table and seat cushions convert to a bed.

It has been extremely useful at trail heads.

[Linked Image]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Alaskan style camper. A work in progress. Currently being repowered and some major cabin mods. Hope to have it in the water this summer.

[Linked Image]

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Thanks to all, I feel much less like an elderly wuss now. You guys are the best.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I love these kind of threads ..

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
i went to the local flea market this morning and bought a new matress,i need 2 before hunting season. got a brand new one in the plastic for 20.00. i now have about 60.00 in my camper total.
i'll find another before fall.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Mike,

I broke down and bought a camper last year. Timberline, made by Outdoors RV, it's like IdDave's Nash as in it is a four seasons. Don't have a picture handy, but I got the model with the superslide for more room. More and more 4-season RVs out there, at least in the NW.

Good luck!

Last edited by Akbob5; 03/17/14.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Found mine at a garage sale.

During elk hunts it goes as far as the trailhead then serves as chuckwagon (or if we have a spike camp then as basecamp).
It is nice to not have food in the wall tent - cuts down on clutter and critters.

[Linked Image]

I'll give you the tour.

[Linked Image]

I've enjoyed working on it.

[Linked Image]

I don't run the refrigerator but the box has enough insulation to keep food from freezing at night.

[Linked Image]

Clips on the antler connect the solar panel on the roof to extend the charge of the cabin battery.
(as I edit this I notice that I ignored my own note to myself there and crossed the leads.
No wonder it hasn't been working right.
That's just like something I would do.)

[Linked Image]

Cell phones don't work everywhere.
When a hunter doesn't come in at dark that could be good or bad but I still need to feed the crew.
This police scanner lets me listen to handheld traffic and whatever else it finds from inside.

[Linked Image]

As the OP mentioned, tearing out stuff and replacing or repurposing it is pretty common.
Removed the toilet for more storage space and converted the shower-tub into a cooler.
It is large enough to hold 2 elk quarters or an entire antelope.
Stays real cold and the drain is nice.
I still haven't cleaned up from last hunting season.

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-.../wkqo_8nado0/w433-h640-no/WYskinning.jpg[/img]

Skinning boom (version 1.0). This was in Wyoming.

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...TQLj43AE8ac/w640-h480-no/439+resized.JPG[/img]

Waterfowl hunt in SE Colorado. A lot of birds fly over this spit. That red thing is a Honda generator.
Note improved skinning boom version 2.0.

[img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...AAFVM/Z-Z4GO_DPTk/w598-h376-no/creek.jpg[/img]

This creek crossing in the San Juan mountains gets icy on both sides because the water is always 8-12 inches deep. It's good to cross in the morning when its cold and the water is low. It's a thrill when the rig begins to slide downhill into the creek. When it hits the water I gun the 400 small block to try to get enough speed to make it up the other side. I'm pretty good at it now but it was a rush that very first time with the rig sliding backward into the creek.

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-...6sr5J-Q/w640-h480-no/Wolf+Creek+pass.JPG[/img]

Summit of Wolf Creek pass.

If you see it somewhere in So Co stop and say Hi.
I usually have the coffee on.

Last edited by Alamosa; 03/19/14.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Great Rig!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll squeeze in a couple more here.

[Linked Image]

Really haven't had any mechanical issues with this nearly 40-year-old rig. Easy to tune and those big motors seem to still run even if some tuneup needed. The fuel line is nearly 20ft long and requires an electric push pump back near the tank along with the factory mechanical pump. Seems like it would gladly accept more fuel it it could get it.

[Linked Image]

Pillows on the beds are stuffed with down and feathers from birds that I shot. I like to use whatever I can from the waterfowl I take. Most any dry cleaner that reconditions down pillows also has the ability to make new ones if given the down. They just don't get a lot of requests.

[Linked Image]

I had an electrical fire in the dash a couple years back.
That was exciting.
One of the previous owners had a similar fire.
I found a boneyard dash and was able to cut them both down the middle and replace the burned side.

[Linked Image]

For anyone who has one of these motor-campers Good Sam roadside assistance is a good deal. My regular towing insurance balks at anything beyond a passenger vehicle but Good Sam doesn't and they cover other household vehicles too. I'm not a fan of the Good Sam CEO though.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Alamosa; 03/19/14.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

298 members (320090T, 303savage, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 34 invisible), 1,250 guests, and 938 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,847
Posts18,517,518
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.