Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by huntsman22

[Linked Image]

How long have you had that on top. Wondering how it holds up in prolonged high wind?

Pretty cool idea by the way.

EVERYTHING in Wyoming has already either stood up to a high wind, or blown in from some place else! grin

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've used three Englander stoves those stoves do a fine job of warming the house and the work shop.
I bought mine 2nd hand, work like a charm with oak and ash.

Jim

Last edited by arkypete; 03/17/14.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by huntsman22

[Linked Image]

How long have you had that on top. Wondering how it holds up in prolonged high wind?

Pretty cool idea by the way.

I've found a few of those lying around on the tundra, more off than on around these parts. I guess they work, at least until they're gone. crazy

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Inside the basement door is what has kept us warm and cozy over the past 15 years. Wife's father gave it to us when we built this house. Kept them warm for 20+ years prior. Homemade family heirloom.
[Linked Image]

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by arkypete
I've used three Englander stoves those stoves do a fine job of warming the house and the work shop.

Jim
The EPA is going to do everything they can to prevent individuals from selling their stoves to other individuals. They want them gone. In some states, OR for example, if you sell a house, any non-certified stoves have to be removed and destroyed. If you don't present a receipt from a licensed disposal site, you can't register the house sale.
Then they're trying to force insurance companies to drop coverage on houses with non-cert. stoves. I don't know how well that's working.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by roundoak
Redneck, when you speak of a Kickapoo stove was that a free standing one made in Lafarge, WI?

I had one for several years...I believe it was a BBR model. It heated a 2,200 sq. ft. house. When that house was up for sale the realtor brought a family one day in February when the daytime temps were in the single digits. It was nice and toasty warm in that house with the Kickapoo throwing out heat. The husband took a great interest in the stove, so much so, that in their offer it included the stove. No problem...done deal. grin
Yep - that be the one.. No problem keeping 2500 sq ft warm with this thing.. In fact, we gotta pay attention or else the house gets to 81F+++... laugh

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by arkypete

Jim
The EPA is going to do everything they can to prevent individuals from selling their stoves to other individuals. They want them gone. In some states, OR for example, if you sell a house, any non-certified stoves have to be removed and destroyed. If you don't present a receipt from a licensed disposal site, you can't register the house sale.
Then they're trying to force insurance companies to drop coverage on houses with non-cert. stoves. I don't know how well that's working.
The EPA can GFT..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
[[/quote] The EPA can GFT.. [/quote]

I can get 100% behind that!

Last edited by Raeford; 03/17/14.

FJB & FJT
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1936M71, 12344mag, 16penny, 64 invisible), 2,357 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,824
Posts18,477,888
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.