Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Thought I�d share an example of a community pulling together in a time of need.

A couple of things really struck me about this, similarities that really hit home for me.

This was a young man who�s career and love of the sea kept him separated from his family for extended periods of time, the sole provider for his wife and two young children. The childhood friend of a co-worker, who was hit really hard by this.

Another thing that struck me was the original �goal�, and the current amount raised. Trident Seafoods has committed to matching the funds raised 3:1. Again, showing what a tight community the fishing industry (as with many others) is.

I spend a considerable amount of time each year away from my wife and kids, doing what I can to support them. I also spend hundreds of hours a year on the ocean, granted in a much more controlled environment. Thinking about how my family would support itself if I were to ever have a life ending event (or even life changing event that prevented me from working) can be a scary thought.

Anyways, just thought I�d share; and yes I am also posting this to get a bit more visibility in hopes that someone else may be in a position to make even a small donation.

Linky...

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Shared via Facebook.

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
while bad people will find a way around the laws."

- Plato
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Donated,,didn't feel the need to share with all my friends.

I tend to use more than enough gun
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Eric was from Waldport, Or ... the town that I now have a place in and spend some winter months. His loss has not gone un-notice around here.

http://www.newslincolncounty.com/?s=Eric+Eder&searchsubmit=

There have been several fundraisers around here also and more planned.

On St Patric's Day I spent the evening at the Moose Lodge. I shared a few beers with a guy I had met there awhile back. He was one of Eric's best friends while growing up together and later. He had not long ago played golf with Eric here. He said that this was going to be Eric's last fishing trip to Alaska because of his newborn son who he wanted to spend home time with.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Like I said, I donated,,then worked outside for a bit and when I turned this on it was full of updates and more requests for $. Thankfully there is the unsubscribe option!

I tend to use more than enough gun
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 338Rules, 300_savage, 35, 375sunrise, 15 invisible), 1,457 guests, and 774 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,651
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.