Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by lovesomeshootin
[Linked Image]

His pricing is all over the map, $30 for one $22 for another, but if you really need some I guess it will cost ya, you got a deal on your Varget because he quoted me $29.50 for the same, I think I'll pass for now!

GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
So if $30 is high, what is a good price for a pound of Varget? $20? And where does one find it? Right next to the barrel of $50 M1 Carbines down at the hardware store?

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Walker6
So if $30 is high, what is a good price for a pound of Varget? $20? And where does one find it? Right next to the barrel of $50 M1 Carbines down at the hardware store?
Gunbot is your friend
http://www.gunbot.net/reloading/Powder/

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just pd $29lb + 8% tax for varget,but thats what it has been for ever from my local dealer. He's also the cheapest around here.

Last edited by DANNYL; 03/21/14.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Gunbot is your friend
http://www.gunbot.net/reloading/Powder/

Holy Schirt - am I the last to know everything? They even had a link to $50 carbines! Thanks DVD!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably varies by location.

Ramshot powders were $21/lb before the latest shortage, that's up from $19/lb before the last one. Now when I see them they're about $23-$24/lb.

IMR powders that were $22-23/lb are now about $24-25 when you see them. Hodgdon was around $22 and now it's up to $24.

These are all Sportsman's Warehouse prices, btw, which is the cheapest place in town to find them. Add 3-5 dollars per pound if you shop at Cabela's.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't wait for any self-made crisis or choose to buy powder in a market driven by hoarders, gougers, and opportunists. I bought my 8-lb jug of Varget for $160 before everyone decided the sky was falling. $30 per pound is NOT a good deal. The same goes for $50+ cartons of .22 rimfire.

I bought an 8-lb jug of 760 for $140 from one of these hoarders needing money last month and turned down an 8-lb jug of 748 for $170. If you want it bad, you'll get it bad. If you planned well and exercise patience, this will pass and prices will return to normal.

Jackie Treehorn: Treats objects like women.

Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Montana uses Ruger actions.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I'm not ready to pay $30.25 for Varget but you may if you so choose, I still have plenty for now, I'll wait for midsouth or PV to get it in stock at a way cheaper price, I just appreciate companys like the two I mentioned that have been fair with the pricing thru this drought, companys like cheaper than dirt and anyone else that feel like taking advantage and there are plenty of others, just won't get my business, It's great to be able to choose where I shop!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Picked up 10 lbs of RL15 two weeks ago for $19.50 pound from Powder Valley. As previously mentioned, Gunbot is your friend.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those are about the going rate here at the sportsman warehouse here in Colorado Springs that's when they do get it in. If you head on over to walmart they usually have IMR 4831, IMR 4064 for 23-24 bucks before taxes.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So let me get this straight. We've got people looking for Varget, can't find it anywhere. lovesomeshootin kindly posts contact info. Then some people who are whining about not finding the powders they can't find suddenly, when they have an opportunity to buy it, are whining about paying $28/lb for powder. If it were $35-50/lb, I can see whining. A small gun shop making a few bucks per pound over the box stores? Either buy it and say thanks, or take your whining elsewhere.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by selmer
So let me get this straight. We've got people looking for Varget, can't find it anywhere. lovesomeshootin kindly posts contact info. Then some people who are whining about not finding the powders they can't find suddenly, when they have an opportunity to buy it, are whining about paying $28/lb for powder. If it were $35-50/lb, I can see whining. A small gun shop making a few bucks per pound over the box stores? Either buy it and say thanks, or take your whining elsewhere.
You're the only whiner I see. A line on powder for $28 a pound is simply NOT a deal for anyone but the seller.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is if you need it. It's only a few dollars more per pound than a couple years ago. If you don't need it or have plenty or easy access, fine, whine about prices.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well at my friends uncles girlfriends cousins aunts boyfriends best friend grandpa's shop they are selling powder for $15.09 they treat everyday like it's 1999

http://youtu.be/s4pG5q_ZZw8

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dang, where's that shop at?!?! I want in on that $15.09 price!

Selmer

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It is if you need it. It's only a few dollars more per pound than a couple years ago. If you don't need it or have plenty or easy access, fine, whine about prices.
Your definition of "a few dollars" must be fairly broad. It was $18 a pound for single pound containers of "major brand" powders in 2010 and about $16 a pound for the same powders in bulk jugs. Even current prices from reputable dealers run in the $20 to $22 range when available. At any rate, this is all discretionary spending and I'll buy when the deals present themselves. $28 a pound is NOT a deal. You, on the other hand, may continue with whatever insignificant point you think you're making. You've entered this thread whining and I suspect you'll exit it whining.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
What bothered me the most was his adjustable pricing from one customer to the next, but I do realize it's his business and he can do as he pleases.....and I'll practice the same!

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H

AAAAMEN!!!!!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Jackie_Treehorn
Your definition of "a few dollars" must be fairly broad. It was $18 a pound for single pound containers of "major brand" powders in 2010 and about $16 a pound for the same powders in bulk jugs. Even current prices from reputable dealers run in the $20 to $22 range when available. At any rate, this is all discretionary spending and I'll buy when the deals present themselves. $28 a pound is NOT a deal. You, on the other hand, may continue with whatever insignificant point you think you're making. You've entered this thread whining and I suspect you'll exit it whining.

Y'all are arguing over 10 cents a round for magnum chamberings, less for smaller cartridges. Even at gunbot.net, it's pushing $30/lb delivered. If you're sitting on a lifetime supply then good for you - really. The rest of of us are happy to find it when we can.

Ps - how's the smut business? laugh

Last edited by Walker6; 03/21/14.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Show me at what point lovesomeshootin said, "I've found a great deal on powder for all you guys." He said he found powder and was willing to share the source - he didn't say it was a great deal and he posted his ticket. I'd say that's pretty generous of him, especially for folks who can't find any powder right now, and I think we've determined that powder supplies are pretty hit and miss depending on your location.

Selmer

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 61 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,771
Posts18,515,595
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.