Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
When the opportunity arises, it's too late to prepare.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
In the event of a disaster I want to hang out at my church friends about a half mile from my house. smile Whatever I have is their's and whatever they have is mine. No man is an island unless your going to go to go all Jeremiah Johnson and "bug out" to the mountains with your unfired black rifle, and cooler full of steaks and beer. Bugging out anymore is just getting into a long line of cars and sitting for hours if not days.

Sadly I think demographically the majority of people in this country regard themselves as non religious. Interesting that our culture has shifted in this direction and that it mirrors the way people treat each other these days. Religiousness has strong elements of the 10 commandments integrated into its structure which if I am not mistaken are the foundation of civilized society. If all civil laws are out the window one might find some respite and companionship in a place where the law originated.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
do ya really gotta bring the bible thumping down here now?

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jimmyp
In the event of a disaster I want to hang out at my church friends about a half mile from my house. smile Whatever I have is their's and whatever they have is mine. No man is an island unless your going to go to go all Jeremiah Johnson and "bug out" to the mountains with your unfired black rifle, and cooler full of steaks and beer. Bugging out anymore is just getting into a long line of cars and sitting for hours if not days.

Sadly I think demographically the majority of people in this country regard themselves as non religious. Interesting that our culture has shifted in this direction and that it mirrors the way people treat each other these days. Religiousness has strong elements of the 10 commandments integrated into its structure which if I am not mistaken are the foundation of civilized society. If all civil laws are out the window one might find some respite and companionship in a place where the law originated.

I agree with this post.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by CBMJR
Originally Posted by jimmyp

I agree with this post.

The wife and I are planning to move for these very reasons. When society implodes I want to be surrounded by neighbors who have common values. I am looking at Tenn, northern Alabama, maybe south west VA near Tenn. I would love to move to Texas or OK but we have kin folk in VA. Our little hillbilly church discusses these issues right now. We try to look out for each other already. As I understand it, the local militia at Concord and Lexington was primarily organized around the local church as was almost all of local societal interaction of that day up north.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
IC B2

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by toad

I'm glad he did.

While not as glamorous as shooting zombies, helping your neighbor and community is the only chance we have as a society. Living like there is no God is what got us where we are today.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R

I don't consider that thumping, and many of us on here will agree with whats said.

If ya don't, you can do like I do on other posts... just skip reaidng it.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Yes. GFY.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

Yes. GFY.

KMA. it doesn't take long here on the Campfire to see religion and morality do NOT necessarily go hand-in-hand.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

Yes. GFY.

KMA. it doesn't take long here on the Campfire to see religion and morality do NOT necessarily go hand-in-hand.

Says who? YOU? You opine about "Bible thumpers" but make an appeal to "morality" when someone tells you to go ffffuucckkk yourself? WHO's morality, based upon what, praytell?

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
thanks for making my point. laffin' here. but the morality statement was not an appeal nor directed at you or anybody in this discussion. it is an observation.

but feel free to be offended if the shoe fits..

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by TWR

I'm glad he did.

While not as glamorous as shooting zombies, helping your neighbor and community is the only chance we have as a society. Living like there is no God is what got us where we are today.

The French Revolution was awful bloody as everyone knows; they hated everything that had to do with Christianity and tried to stamp out all public display of the Christian faith. It seems like the liberal left in America is the exact same species of folks. It won't be good when things go bad if a person is living among high concentrations of liberals.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (160user, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 56 invisible), 2,547 guests, and 1,387 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,690
Posts18,475,125
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.