Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Texas teen gives police officer parking ticket
By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo News | Yahoo News � Mon, Mar 24, 2014
Email
Share26753
Print
A Texas teenager recently decided to stick it to the man when she saw a police car illegally parked in her neighborhood � and wound up with a reward for keeping a cop in line.
Annie James, a 14-year-old from Baytown, Tex., issued a handwritten $10 parking ticket to Officer Tommy King, whose patrol car was parked in a fire zone in the Bay Oaks apartment complex.
"He was parked on the side of the building and it was a fire lane all the way around," Annie told KPRC-TV.
"I came to my car and I saw a piece of paper on my windshield," King said. "I took it off and opened it and read it and I started laughing immediately."
The "ticket" informed King he needed to pay $10 to the manager of the apartment complex.
"I thought it was neat that she made that for $10 but not to herself," King said.
Not only did the officer pay the fine � he gave Annie a $40 gift card to Toys R Us.
"Turns out we're both from Alabama and end up in Texas," King said. "It's interesting ... I made a friend. A lesson would be not to be shy or afraid of law enforcement. We're here to help."

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Damn cops! mad

grin

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
We had officers using our fire station as a training class room.

One continued to park blocking grass 1. I kept waiting for a page as I work just across from teh station.

Pager went off, God bless it was a grass fire too... The assitant chief said lets get in and push it out of the way... I said nah, I'll just run in and shout... and I busted in the meeting and said dunno who is in the way of grass 1 but we have an active fire and I"m about to push it out of the way.... the whole class of LEO busted out lauging... as the .... INSTRUCTOR had to go move his City Police Car....
I suspect his fellow LEO ribbed him for a LONG time.

I saw him the other night when we were filling up our fire truck after a call. At our city warehouse, and he was dumping trash in our dumpster, I told him.. hey you know thats theft of services. He said yep, thats what the chief told him too, why did I think he was here and not at the PD office dumping trash.
I offered the chief told us the same at city hall and that I often dumped where he did, at the warehouse... we had a laugh and went on.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (222Sako, 1lessdog, 257wthbylover, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 1,747 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,118
Posts18,522,864
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.