Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PPosey
Raleigh = hot as hell in the summer, to many freekin people to count, and all the pricks that like to tell everybody else in the state how things should be done. Tons of liberals and Yankees,, and quite a few liberal Yankees. I do my best to stay the hell outa that part of the state and don't even stop for gas on my way to the beach, really the best parts on NC are on either end,

This x 1000

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
this....and I just moved out of Charlotte, had my fill

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Adkstalker
not really sure. Just know that the office is in Raleigh. Where would you suggest that would be in fairly close proximity?

The question is "where in Raleigh"? You want to be generally on that side to avoid the traffic IF everything else jives. The beltway at rush hour is not fun.

If you do not mind the commute, you can live in some really nice areas away from Raleigh and cost of living is lower, less liberals etc.

Last edited by BountyHunter; 03/26/14.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Originally Posted by PPosey
Raleigh = hot as hell in the summer, to many freekin people to count, and all the pricks that like to tell everybody else in the state how things should be done. Tons of liberals and Yankees,, and quite a few liberal Yankees. I do my best to stay the hell outa that part of the state and don't even stop for gas on my way to the beach, really the best parts on NC are on either end,

This x 1000

I would agree with this completely. If I HAD to live somewhere in the middle of the state, I would start by looking off Hwy 54 between Burlington and Chapel Hill. There is some nice rural areas with good deer hunting along that route. Otherwise, either end of the state is good for me. The middle parts suck.

P
pod Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
if you move to raleigh nc find a place in durham in a short time you wont have to worry about bbq, traffic, weather or any other earthly things.

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Only problem with the area off HWY 54 is that Chapel Hill is way too close for comfort.

A combination of Boulder, San Francisco, and DC all rolled up in one. You would be hard pressed to find a more liberal *[bleep]* anywhere in the US.

But there are a few pigs killed down there each year. Saw a 16 point NT that was killed this year. Weighed about 240 on the hoof. All those dairy farms in the area grow some big ones.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I still wake up in cold sweats after working a few days in Carrboro.

My SIL is a cop in durham. It has its own special little problems.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Go east[closer to OBX]

FJB & FJT
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Durham is a third world country in and of itself.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Get yourself a map of NC look at the line formed by I95 and I77. They just about cut the state in 3 equal parts, with Charlotte and Raleigh in the center. Charlotte wishes it was Atlanta and Raleigh wishes it was Washington. Both places ar avoided by most non-Yankees and life is good. Stay east of 95 if you want good barbque and if you like ketchup on your que go to Lexington.

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Only problem with the area off HWY 54 is that Chapel Hill is way too close for comfort.

A combination of Boulder, San Francisco, and DC all rolled up in one. You would be hard pressed to find a more liberal *[bleep]* anywhere in the US.

But there are a few pigs killed down there each year. Saw a 16 point NT that was killed this year. Weighed about 240 on the hoof. All those dairy farms in the area grow some big ones.

OK, should have said stop on 54 before you get to Orange County.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Adkstalker
Looking for info on the Raleigh area....culture, demographics, places to look at, places to stay away from...you get the idea. May consider a work transfer there...

Thanks
Adkstalker

Check out Youngsville and Rolesville for a small town environment, and Wake Forest if you like a big town feel. Stay away from the South side of Raleigh and the west side has too many people.

PM me if you have any questions.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Depends on what stage of life you are in and what your goals are. Research Triangle AKA (Raleigh,Durham,Chapel Hill) are good places to live to advance education and make money. I grew up in Durham and still have family there, I really dislike going there now. I don't care for the traffic problems or population growth that has occurred in the area. Like someone else said, I now prefer the mountains or the coast of NC and wouldn't want to live in the middle of the state anymore. I enjoyed Raleigh when I was young and in school, it's way too crowded for me now. All my family except one that grew up in that area have moved to opposite ends of the state. (Hint)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BASS Pro Shop just opened in cary just outside of town and Cabela,s is opening in 2015 in garner

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
from 1beaver shooter "Stay east of 95 if you want good barbque and if you like ketchup on your que go to Lexington."

You definitely picked up the que from the wrong place my friend - nothing but vinegar based that I've ever had in Lexington.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
IMO Raleigh's pretty much what everyone said but like most places, where you live in an area can make a big difference. I'm from NC and have family that have lived in North Raleigh since 1980 in an area that was developed about the time they moved there. We visit them every year or so and in our opinion it's a nice area. They don't disagree with much that was said here about Raleigh but they like the area where they live a lot.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (AKislander, 300_savage, 69sportfury, 17CalFan, Alan_C, 11 invisible), 1,589 guests, and 927 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,562
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.