Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
pumpgun Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
I am looking at a job in Charlotte and would like to know more about the area. At this point I do not know where I would be working. I know that the office is on West Trade St, but that does not mean I would be at that location. I could be at a client site wherever that might be. Any information would be appreciated.

thanks tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Think "Atlanta traffic" in a smaller package.

Get outside any metro area that isn't compelled to bow to minority issues, or has a liberal college, and you'll be alright.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
trade street is downtown ,so you will have the joy of major traffic screw-ups from any direction you come from and parking is expensive.

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
P
pumpgun Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Any local transit? Light rail? park and ride?

tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
yep light rail to down town not sure about park an ride There have been some major transport changes in the last few years to make traffic easer in the downtown area

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
yea...warning- housing is expensive! Taxes are stupid. The City waste a lot of assets

now,the bad...there are now 4 major gangs in the metro area always causing some problem, some of it is just low key street banging and but someone will get shot ever night..

It seems a lot of California types and Yankees moved in the banks, so it's not the same old southern city I grew up in...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
You couldn't put a gun to my head and make me move to Charlotte.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You are in CO, and looking at NC?

WTF is wrong with you?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
About 100 miles down I-85 in South Carolina we call Charlotte little Manhattan. 'nuff said.

Go Panthers! I mean Redskins!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Only good thing I can sayabout it is it's got a nice Motor Speedway and it's only 3 hours away to see the Braves laugh

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Daughter and sil and grandson live in Davidson which is about 20 miles ne of clt...OUTSIDE of Mecklinburg Co.....which is the good thing....and that area has changed a lot in the 6 yrs they have lived there....hope the job you are looking at pays a lot more $$$
than your job is Co. I have been in NC since 1966 and had land in Co. 20 yrs ago....wish I still had it but....water over the bridge...pm me if you want more....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You couldn't put a gun to my head and make me move to Charlotte.

This pretty much says it all. I lived there 29 years, grew up there and you couldn't pay me to move back. When I lived there it was just a step up from Mayberry but now more like a little Atlanta or NY and all the crime, high taxes that go with it. Nope, no way no how would I live there. Horrendous traffic, you name it. I'd stay put.

Huntersville or Concord area for living quarters, not so bad but having to work downtown would be a nightmare.

I might add that there was no Billy Graham Parkway when I left and Sugar Creek Rd stopped in Derita. Now it goes for miles. If you think I-85 is bad try I-77 in the morning or evening...especially when there's a race or ball game in town.

Last edited by Kitch; 03/26/14.

Kids are for people that can't have dogs
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh yea...sharpen your driving skills and Spanish...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Nothing much to add that hasn't been said. I went to college in Charlotte, left a couple years after I graduated and would never move back. The traffic can be pretty bad at times and the crime seems to be on a continual rise. If your office will be located on Trade St, plan on at least a 45 minute commute to anywhere that I would consider a safe and quiet neighborhood. Mecklenburg County has pretty much been swallowed by Charlotte.

If you don't mind living in an urban setting I guess it would be an OK place to live if you stuck to certain parts of the city but I'm a country boy at heart and would never move back to Meck Co.

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about the area

Oh, and here's your typical "neighbor" in Charlotte
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8717497/1

Last edited by UNCCGrad; 03/26/14.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If the job paid well enough the only way I'd consider it would be to get a condo downtown where I wouldn't have to walk far or drive at all. Other than that, Donald Trump doesn't have enough money to pay me to live/work there. Downtown Charlotte would not be the place I'd want to work...Trade or Tryon St.

Kids are for people that can't have dogs
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Huntersville is nice. There's a huge nursery out that way that appears to go on just about as far as one can see. I almost ran off the road trying to see it all.

Extremely, high tech and way cool!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Everyone has offered a fairly negative opinion. I currently live in Charlotte. You specifically mentioned that the job may be on West Trade.

I live close to downtown; shoot me a PM and I can help you out.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I live in the small town of Locust NC population 3000. East of Charlotte 17 miles from the city limits 90% white a couple of Blacks and very few Beaners. Downtown Charlotte is pretty nice...There are some bad Hoods in Town after the sun goes down. If you come out get in touch and I will show you around. The good !!!lots of public land to hunt within a hour drive. Lots of lakes for fishing. Live outside city and drive in. lots of houses in my area for sale. Stanley Co low taxes and pretty good schools.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I figured you'd be chiming in along the way.

I will say that when I lived on the South side many years ago that Charlotte was a great place to live and party through the night. Is the Fogcutter still there?

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bass Pro Shop in concord, some really good gunshops in town

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (160user, 1badf350, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 54 invisible), 2,158 guests, and 1,112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,240
Posts18,504,578
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.