Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
My son has been looking for a 12ga auto, we picked up a used CZ 712 at the gunshow yesterday for $240. It has some scratches in the wood but all and all it's in good shape, just needs a good cleaning. It had an IC choke in it so when we got home he had to shoot it so we got out the clay thrower and some #9 reloads. I was impressed with it, mainly because I dusted the first clay I shot at and I don't consider myself to be much of a "wing" shooter. It didn't completely cycle a couple times in the first 20 shots or so but then ran fine but it's dirty and we were shooting AA reloads that are on their last round so I feel like that was the problem. A good cleaning and some new ammo will tell.
Does anyone have any experience good or bad with these.
He plans to use it until he can afford something better, mostly for turkey, rabbit, dove, and bustn clays in the back yard.
Thanks for any input you can offer, good or bad,
Will

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm guessing Roanoke. saw it.

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Yes, how about that, small world!
He has put about 100+ rounds through it. He just wanted to shoot it after school before it got dark and didn't want to take time to clean it so It had a few more cycling issues again this evening, but I took it apart and cleaned it thoroughly tonight, it was extremely dirty so I fell like that was the problem. He loaded another 100rds while I cleaned it so I'm sure we will find out tomorrow If that fixes
it.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Its funny I bought one yesterday for about the same money
its in Camo but this is a 712M so it will shoot 3.5s

My question is a general one the recoil pad is had plastic
3in #6 kind of rock your shoulder does anyone make fitted pad for these?

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
I don't know, the one we got has walnut furniture and the pad is rubber except for the very top which is plastic.
He was looking for a camo or black gun but the $ was right on this one and it was already "broke in" so he doesn't mind a few more scratches that are bound to happen rabbit hunting.
Or...Hank.......we could trade grin
I'd say if you got the 3 1/2mag for around 250 you got a better deal than we did! Especially if you didn't have to scrub and clean on it for an hour like i did!

The thorough cleaning was what she needed, we put over 50 reloads through it tonight without a single hiccup.

You might try limbsaver I found a fitted pad for my son's 20ga youth 870 a few years back so maybe they make one that will work even if they dont list it.

Last edited by willecoyote; 03/25/14.
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Here is a pic of his CZ, after a good hour + of TLC she doesn't look half bad for the money.
[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
The gun fells about like my benelli m2, I weighed them both and the CZ is only 1oz heavier.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
It sure looks better than the silly camo pattern that I got
I will post pics tonight
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
L
L
Originally Posted by boatboy
It sure looks better than the silly camo pattern that I got
I will post pics tonight
Hank

I'm looking forward to your pics. I have been considering a CZ. Didn't know they made a camo 12 ga chambered for 3 1/2" shells.

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W

I'm looking forward to your pics. I have been considering a CZ. Didn't know they made a camo 12 ga chambered for 3 1/2" shells.

I'm not sure if they still make the 712M (magnum) model, I didn't see it on the CZ website.

Last edited by willecoyote; 03/29/14.
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
We've run another 100+ light #9 shot reloads through the CZ just bustn clays behind the house without a single malfunction so we are pretty happy with it. We also tried a couple turkey chokes that a friend let us borrow, it did really well with a primos tight wad .655 and win. 3" copper 6s. Our spring season opens with youth only day this Sat. and this is my son's last year as a youth hunter so he is hoping to get one with the CZ.

Hank, I'm guessing you got your's for a turkey gun, when does Mich. season open?

L
L
I'm not Hank but my early season(by draw) is April 21-28.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

500 members (16gage, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 49 invisible), 2,297 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,858
Posts18,497,114
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.