-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
so you enjoy feeding the japs. motor size beng the same in a toyota and chevy in most cases you'll get better mpg in a chevy.

american made means nothing when its owned by a foriegn company.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by srwshooter
thats the way i feel about toyota,honda,nissan,etc. its flat out unamerican to even want one to me.you just driven nails in your own coffin.

Well The Toyota Tundra and Tacoma are made in Texas almost entirely of American Made trucks. Your Beloved Chevy Trucks are made in Mexico...look at the country of origin on the window sticker. They put those plants south of the Border after being bailed out by Stupid Taxpayers. HOw Unamerican is that. You couldn't give me a fuggin Chevy POS after Obama dismantled them.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 03/28/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't pay the hypocrite much attention. Tikka, Nikon, and Kawasaki have been known to sit on his gear list...

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
broomd, Many thanks.. I will look into this one!!! I may pm you if I have questions, and you don't mind. I am not a very sharp when talking vehicles..

Molon Labe
T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
I was not asking for recommendations on what to buy, thank you.
I was asking for input from those who drive a Tundra.
I have looked at Ford, Chevy, and Toyota trucks.
BTW,Chevy has that DOD system that cause oil usage of about a quart per 1000 miles, (chevy acknowledges it is a problem), and besides they are fugly now.

So, you buy what you want, I will do the same.

IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

So which is it; the body is ugly (your opinion),the gas mileage is worse (not per my experience - but a 25% difference must be minor to you - 12mpg chevy 6.0 vs. 16.6 Toyota 5.7), or I'm feeding the "japs," since typically, when something is made in the USA, it means that American's are being fed.

Not that I really care, just pointing out the moving targets here.

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have owned a tundra since 07 and it has the 4.30s with the 5.7 and until recently nothing would hang with it in the pulling dept or from 0-100 and back to a stop. I have driven 6.0 chevy 2500s for the last 12 years ( work) and they are dogs in comparison, power and gas mileage. I had my truck to the dealer one time to replace the cd player under warranty and that's it in over 6 years and from a first model year run truck.

yes its true, the tundra is the most made in the USA truck on the road to date. some of the competition has finally caught up in some aspects but I seriously doubt they can compare as far as durability goes over the long haul.

my mileage varies from 13 -18 depending on where I drive and pulling a 26 ft camper I got 11.2 letting the hammer down on a trip from Ohio to TN and that was some pretty good pulls on the grades running 70- 80. try that with a 1500 chevy or a 2500 for that matter and see what mileage you end up with TRYING to stay with the tundra. about 9 mpg with either and whimpy whimpy on the hills.

what would I buy if buying another new truck? Made in USA of course! But it would have a Tundra badge on it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It always surprises me when I read the Tundra threads and the gas mileage gets reported. I have a 5.7, 6 speed, 4x4, double cab, Tundra that does not have the tow package. It gets 20 mpg driving regular. If I'm towing or hauling something it drops noticeably, but 20's a pretty fair bet for normal highway driving. Is it the lack of a towing package that's helping it?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Up to around 113,000 on my 08 tundra. I just put premium in it, but tend to get better mileage than listed by most here. That is 113,000 with no repairs yet. Just the maintenance. Change out the synthetic oil every 10,000 miles. Good truck. It won't be for sale until it is north of 250,000.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
so you enjoy feeding the japs. motor size beng the same in a toyota and chevy in most cases you'll get better mpg in a chevy.

american made means nothing when its owned by a foriegn company.

Here we go again..... sleep

220 Swift still king.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
and we'll go again and again til some of you wake up. this is the whole problem with our country. YOU CAN'T WAKE UP AN ALREADY DEMOCRATIC ACTING AMERICAN.THE BRAIN WASHING HAS WORKED WELL.

someone above said that i have bought foriegn guns and thats true. guns are not big ticket items to me. i usually own hundreds in a years time.big ticket items that i own include.
5 chevy's,2 polaris atv's,a custm built in america jetboat with a mercury outboard.

go buy a house in japan,THEN MOVE IN IT!!!!.

Last edited by srwshooter; 03/31/14.
T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Why would we buy a house in Japan?
What does that have to do with a truck?
That's made in Texas?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
100's of guns in a years time you say? Well that's what? $40k, 50k, 60k,? On foreign guns, that's more than the American made tundra costs...... Pay no attention to the wizard!

What a hypocrite.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
never said i ever owned that many foreign made guns.i may own a few a year. you making it up as you go now.a made in usa tundra is still a foriegn truck. thats just your way to justify what you do and still claim you are a real american. its the number one excuse.you are still feeding the japs as they laugh a you for buying that junk.

tzone ,don't call me a hypocrite. i 'd bet you complain about all the foreign junk in dept stores and drive a toyota. like the guy at walmart with a sign on his car telling people not to buy there foriegn junk,he was driving a nissan.thats a real hypocrite. my bet is you guys voted for obama to.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
tzone ,don't call me a hypocrite.

Why not? There are no degrees of hypocrisy. You either is, or you ain't...

hyp�o�crite
noun \ˈhi-pə-ˌkrit\

: a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
never said i ever owned that many foreign made guns.i may own a few a year. you making it up as you go now.a made in usa tundra is still a foriegn truck. thats just your way to justify what you do and still claim you are a real american. its the number one excuse.you are still feeding the japs as they laugh a you for buying that junk.

tzone ,don't call me a hypocrite. i 'd bet you complain about all the foreign junk in dept stores and drive a toyota. like the guy at walmart with a sign on his car telling people not to buy there foriegn junk,he was driving a nissan.thats a real hypocrite. my bet is you guys voted for obama to.

If you purchase a GM vehicle, does that correlate to a vote for Obama as well?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I sure am glad to know Polaris and Mercury haven't used Japanese made power plants...

You do know what TMC is, right?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
never said i ever owned that many foreign made guns.i may own a few a year. you making it up as you go now.

You actually did say that. You edited your post that I got it from. So you're now MORE of a hypocrite.

i usually own hundreds in a years time.

I actually drive a Ford. I have 3 of them. An 55 f-100, a 1978 F-150 4x4, and a 2006 Explorer.

Last edited by tzone; 04/01/14.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
I sure am glad to know Polaris and Mercury haven't used Japanese made power plants...

You do know what TMC is, right?

I wouldn't be too proud of that Polaris. grin

Which Merc? They have foreign blood in em too. Some of em anyway.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We live in a global economy, very different from what most of us grew up with. Unfortunately, there is no going back. I just concentrate on buying things that work best for me, regardless of where they are made. I still choose American made stuff when the quality and utility are roughly equivalent to stuff made overseas, but it's a pretty futile gesture these days.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

666 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 3,417 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,373
Posts18,469,350
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.