Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Ain't no way my buddy sat still for 3 hours.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RickyD
That's disappointing. It could have had so much potential. Now allowing God to be mentioned will keep me away. I was going to go tomorrow. Guess I'll make bullits.

that. I mean, what's the whole point of making a movie about God, and then not mentioning him? Stupid.

Sam......

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Up until near the end of production, they hadn't even had the inclusion of animals planned for the movie.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
George saved me $20 bucks, thanks. We did see the movie Non-Stop last week & that was a good action flick.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by isaac
Ain't no way my buddy sat still for 3 hours.
Popcorn and the reclining lazyboy style chairs made it bearable

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the save. Disappointed!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by P_Weed

I liked the Book better.
Amen!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RickyD
That's disappointing. It could have had so much potential. Now allowing God to be mentioned will keep me away. I was going to go tomorrow. Guess I'll make bullits.
So Noah just decided to spend 100 years building an ark without God telling him to? I guess everyone needs a hobby.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
There was one thing in particular that really turns you off of this movie.

Never once do you get the idea that Noah had an understanding of what was to come to pass. No idea of the possibility of redemption of mankind. Quite the opposite in fact. His job was simply to wipe man of the face of the earth.

The church is close, but the road is icey. The tavern is far, but I will walk carefully. -Russian Proverb
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Standard Hollywood sensationalism drivel

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I was going to go see it with the boy today. Then I saw the length of the movie.

FTS. You get 90 minutes to tell 'flave a story.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I hate to ruin the movie, but the story goes something like this:

"Noah"

"Yes, Lord?"

"Build a big boat, put all the animals you can find on it, grab your family and prepare for a long cruise, it is going to rain for quite awhile"

"Yes, Lord"

It then rained for 40 days and nights, flooded the entire earth. Sometime later the waters abated and Noah parked the boat, unloaded the animals and went on with his life...

That is pretty much the story, no need to sit through a 3 hour movie to illustrate that much detail...

Yeah they did a different version. The one without God and with the monolithic rock people...

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
What a waste of 3 hours! Stupidest movie I've seen in a while
I would have enjoyed needles in my eyes more than this debacle

I was going to go see it. What were the top three things that you didn't like?

#1 The movie was way too long and had a bad flow to it.
#2 The "laval rock monsters" defending the Arch
#3 Other "liberties" the movie makers took with depicting the entire story-the bad guy sneaking onto the Arch, Noah's son's not all taking wives on with them.

It was a bad movie, and I just plain don't like Russel Crowe. 'Don't really know why, but I just don't like him.

Don't waste your money-wait for it to come out on cable.

Wait just a damn minute�why would anyone who can�t stand Russell Crowe go see one of his movies?

I will wait for a review by someone who likes Crowe�and those who have seen it, say that while the Bible version is stretched a lot, God is mentioned a whole bunch.

From the National Catholic Register:
Does Noah avoid mentioning God?
This is the silliest controversy around the film.
God is a constant presence in Noah. Noah�s visions of the flood and the ark, the gathering of the animals, the flood itself and the rainbow are all from God. God�s existence is taken for granted by everyone, even the villain.
The sole issue, if you can call it that, is that characters in Noah generally speak, not of �God,� but of �the Creator.� It�s hard to imagine anyone considering this controversial or problematic, but for some reason the claim that �God is never mentioned� in the film refuses to die � even though the Creator actually is referred to as �God� at least once, when Ham tells Tubal-cain, �My father says there can be no king; the Creator is God.�
Why call God �the Creator�? For several reasons. A slightly less familiar term helps create a sense of a bygone era, a cultural world remote from our own. When Christians (and Jews) hear �God,� they can hardly help thinking of the Lord who called Abraham and chose Israel, who delivered his people from Egypt, and so on. Noah�s God hasn�t done any of those things. Using a less familiar term for him helps us appreciate this. It also helps nonbelievers watching the film to prescind from their own views and enter the worldview of the characters.
Calling God �the Creator� emphasizes God�s identity as the maker of all things, an especially noteworthy emphasis so close to the time of creation. It highlights that God is not just a big boss in the sky, but the One on whom all that is depends for its existence.
Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/noah-controversy/#ixzz2xO1ri1Eu

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bowsinger-apparently you never go see a movie your wife is interested in?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy

Yeah they did a different version. The one without God and with the monolithic rock people...

Bwahahhaahhaa...

Hollywood idjits. Waste of a great story.
Another one for "read the book"; it is better...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bummer.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
What a waste of 3 hours! Stupidest movie I've seen in a while
I would have enjoyed needles in my eyes more than this debacle

I was going to go see it. What were the top three things that you didn't like?

#1 The movie was way too long and had a bad flow to it.
#2 The "laval rock monsters" defending the Arch
#3 Other "liberties" the movie makers took with depicting the entire story-the bad guy sneaking onto the Arch, Noah's son's not all taking wives on with them.

It was a bad movie, and I just plain don't like Russel Crowe. 'Don't really know why, but I just don't like him.

Don't waste your money-wait for it to come out on cable.

Wait just a damn minute�why would anyone who can�t stand Russell Crowe go see one of his movies?

I will wait for a review by someone who likes Crowe�and those who have seen it, say that while the Bible version is stretched a lot, God is mentioned a whole bunch.

From the National Catholic Register:
Does Noah avoid mentioning God?
This is the silliest controversy around the film.
God is a constant presence in Noah. Noah�s visions of the flood and the ark, the gathering of the animals, the flood itself and the rainbow are all from God. God�s existence is taken for granted by everyone, even the villain.
The sole issue, if you can call it that, is that characters in Noah generally speak, not of �God,� but of �the Creator.� It�s hard to imagine anyone considering this controversial or problematic, but for some reason the claim that �God is never mentioned� in the film refuses to die � even though the Creator actually is referred to as �God� at least once, when Ham tells Tubal-cain, �My father says there can be no king; the Creator is God.�
Why call God �the Creator�? For several reasons. A slightly less familiar term helps create a sense of a bygone era, a cultural world remote from our own. When Christians (and Jews) hear �God,� they can hardly help thinking of the Lord who called Abraham and chose Israel, who delivered his people from Egypt, and so on. Noah�s God hasn�t done any of those things. Using a less familiar term for him helps us appreciate this. It also helps nonbelievers watching the film to prescind from their own views and enter the worldview of the characters.
Calling God �the Creator� emphasizes God�s identity as the maker of all things, an especially noteworthy emphasis so close to the time of creation. It highlights that God is not just a big boss in the sky, but the One on whom all that is depends for its existence.
Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/noah-controversy/#ixzz2xO1ri1Eu

Go see it for yourself, and when your girl or wife asks to see a movie just tell her to GFHS that she will see what you want an enjoy it

Creator or God or call me late to supper the move just down right sucked!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Agreed!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
From a friend...

Just saw "Noah" with the family. I liked it. However, a couple of points of clarification needed on the BIG issues: 1) Noah was NOT chosen by God to build the ark because he "could get the job done." Noah was chosen because he was "righteous" and "blameless" (Gen. 6:9). 2) God sent the flood NOT because man had ecologically wrecked the earth but because man had rebelled and cursed God continually (Gen. 6:5).

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

744 members (16gage, 160user, 16Racing, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 73 invisible), 2,553 guests, and 1,350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,842
Posts18,478,210
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.