Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The federal government is a huge, complex machine.

Shuffling a handful of people every few years does nothing to meaningfully alter it.

Especially since the machine chooses the people who get shuffled.

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by isaac
Cruz is a lawyer, you dumbassed candy striper.

No schidt Sherlock. Quite a formidable one, at least according to Allan Dershowitz.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Toddly
It looks like America may Drag Mr. Bush into the political arena. If he does run, can he beat Hillary?

Do we need another Bush? I think "W" screwed the political pooch for old Jeb.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

So you voted for Newt last time?

Mike

I did.

Me Too, but I'm afraid MOST bought into the media's "he's not electable" ploy! He would have gutted O during the debates.

Mike

He was my man, but I could not vote for Newt in our Missouri primary except as a write-in. His campaign was so badly run he did not even get on our ballot.

Damn shame. Who ever pulls together a clear alternative heath plan to ObamaCare will owe a lot to Newt�s American Solutions. And will do well in the primaries.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It looks like America may Drag Mr. Bush into the political arena. If he does run, can he beat Hillary?

He'll never run. He knows better. Media hunting a story.

Last edited by hatari; 03/31/14.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
What has Cruz done beyond words?

Ted Cruz has done right well with his words before the Supreme Court.

Originally Posted By: ltppowell

Those skills served him, and the State of Texas, really well when he used them in the Supreme Court.
Cruz has authored more than 80 United States Supreme Court briefs and presented 43 oral arguments, including nine before the United States Supreme Court. Cruz's record of having argued before the Supreme Court nine times is more than any practicing lawyer in Texas or any current member of Congress. Cruz has commented on his nine cases in front of the U.S. Supreme Court: "We ended up year after year arguing some of the biggest cases in the country. There was a degree of serendipity in that, but there was also a concerted effort to seek out and lead conservative fights."

In the landmark case of District of Columbia v. Heller, Cruz drafted the amicus brief signed by attorneys general of 31 states, which said that the D.C. handgun ban should be struck down as infringing upon the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. Cruz also presented oral argument for the amici states in the companion case to Heller before the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.

In addition to his success in Heller, Cruz has successfully defended the constitutionality of Ten Commandments monument on the Texas State Capitol grounds before the Fifth Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court, winning 5-4 in Van Orden v. Perry.

In 2004, Cruz was involved in another high-profile case, which was Elk Grove Unified School District v. Newdow. In Newdow, Cruz wrote a U.S. Supreme Court brief on behalf of all 50 states which argued that a non-custodial parent does not have standing in court to sue to stop a public school from requiring its students to recite of the Pledge of Allegiance. The Supreme Court upheld the position of Cruz�s brief in a 9-0 decision.

Cruz served as lead counsel for the state and successfully defended the multiple litigation challenges to the 2003 Texas congressional redistricting plan in state and federal district courts and before the U.S. Supreme Court, winning 5-4 in League of United Latin American Citizens v. Perry

Cruz also successfully defended, in Medellin v. Texas, the State of Texas against an attempt by the International Court of Justice to re-open the criminal convictions of 51 murderers on death row throughout the United States

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Gee, that's awesome Bowsinger. You just repeated the well known fact he's good with words. No one has disputed that. The question was what has he done politically beyond captivating words.

Ron Paul and Sarah Palin captivated many with words as well but they're not going to be candidates in 2016.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Definitely don't want Bush or Clinton.

However, IF those are the only two choices, I would vote very reluctantly for Bush.

I will NEVER vote for Hillary Clinton!

It would be a very sad day for those to be the nominees.

I want TED CRUZ (President)
SARAH PALIN or RAND PAUL (for Vice President)

Last edited by Dixie_Rebel; 03/31/14.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Gee, that's awesome Bowsinger. You just repeated the well known fact he's good with words. No one has disputed that. The question was what has he done politically beyond captivating words.

Ron Paul and Sarah Palin captivated many with words as well but they're not going to be candidates in 2016.

Awesome you bring up Ron Paul as not running in 2016. That too is a well known fact.

What is truly awesome is that you do not seem to understand what Ted Cruz has done for Conservatism while standing before the Supreme Court. He was a lawyer at the top of his profession.

Now he has been in the Senate for just over a year and he certainly has hit the ground running. Name a freshman Senator who has done better?

The fact he is a freshman is why he is not my choice for 2016. By then he could be the top gun in the Senate.

The voters are hungry for (L)eadership. After eight long years without it they will be real hungry.

That gives Governors with real records a head start in 2016. A Governor with a strong articulate Conservative message�a honest message that voters can believe...can win this thing.

That ain�t Jeb Bush.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

The voters are hungry for (L)eadership.

As opposed to the non voters who have chosen not to be led.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ScottM
Seriously. What if it's between a Bush and a Clinton?

The Difference ??? How about Moral & Christian Values just to name a few!!!

ANYONE who thinks Hilliary is ANYTHING like Jeb Bush is seriously fugged up in the head! mad

Jeb is not gonna be POTUS because there has been too much Bush Bashing. Exactly why the DemoDicks continue to bash Bush 1 & 2

Hilliary is the definition of Evil ! She'll make the [bleep] in Charge look like a fugging saint, If she gets elected mad

Those that think she can't win are sadly mistaken ! The same crowd of idiots elected Obama TWICE. Never underestimate the power of stupidity & evil. mad

Last edited by chlinstructor; 03/31/14. Reason: spelling

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

The voters are hungry for (L)eadership.

As opposed to the non voters who have chosen not to be led.

Any size group without leadership is chaos�a mob.

Conservatives not voting is how we got in this mess.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When are you people going to learn your lesson on the moderate electable POS? Will this be the last and final strike?

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What has Cruz done beyond words?

That's a trick question Bob. It's not what he has done beyond words, it's what he has done with words. First, and formost, he speaks the truth. This has done two things...made him extremely popular with voters and extrememly unpopular with the political establishment. It's really that simple.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cruz has keep his promises to Texas voters. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

I think he can. He appears to be a reasonable and non-dogmatic man who can appeal to a wide variety of voters. I'd vote for him.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He will appeal to everybody accept liberals and conservatives, just like Romney and McCain.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jeb Bush and his wife, Columba, attended a dinner with Michael Bloomberg last night in New York, a source confirms.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-b...dines-with-bloomberg-in-new-york/2172866
laugh

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
He'll never run. He knows better. Media hunting a story.

I think Jeb is bright enough to avoid an embarrassment but when the Right Wing comes a knocking he may just open that door. Look at how many "Wing Nuts" the conservatives marched out in 2012..Clown Show. Jeb is the flavor of the day but all that attention is hard to say no to. Only Chris Christy had the IQ to say no the that attention in 2012.

Last edited by northwestalaska; 04/01/14.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1minute, 2500HD, 219 Wasp, 06hunter59, 204guy, 257 roberts, 56 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,894
Posts18,518,374
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.