Print Thread
Hop To
S
seeker Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I bought a 686 2.5 barrel laminate grips (new model) on line.
The gun looks great but the double action trigger pull is no different from a standard s&w revolver, maybe 12 lbs. or more.
For perspective, I have a 45 colt that I sent to the performance center after being unhappy with the trigger pull. $120 plus 5 months wait plus $100 shipping resulted in a great double action trigger pull, probably 8 lbs.
I wanted that trigger pull which is why I bought the pc model.
What are other people's experience with pc triggers?

How good?
And easiest way to get this fixed?

Thanks
Seeker

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Are you unhappy with the trigger weight or the feel of hither pull? If it's the weight you can change out the trigger mainspring easy enough. If you're not sure, there's a small set screw on the bottom face of the grip (where your pinky would be). You can give that a half turn out and see how that changes the tension. I was able to transform my 625 into a solid 7# DA pull in this method. I used a bit of blue loctite to keep the screw from moving once set.

It's not as good. As a full trigger job but it's doable with a small screwdriver and without shipping.

As an aside, it changed the SA pull to somewhere under a pound. You've been warned.

Hunt Africa while you can
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by rnovi
Are you unhappy with the trigger weight or the feel of hither pull? If it's the weight you can change out the trigger mainspring easy enough. If you're not sure, there's a small set screw on the bottom face of the grip (where your pinky would be). You can give that a half turn out and see how that changes the tension. I was able to transform my 625 into a solid 7# DA pull in this method. I used a bit of blue loctite to keep the screw from moving once set.

It's not as good. As a full trigger job but it's doable with a small screwdriver and without shipping.

As an aside, it changed the SA pull to somewhere under a pound. You've been warned.

Backing the strain screw out is not the proper method for changing the DA trigger pull on a S&W revolver.

μολὼν λαβέ
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I've gone so far as to have some S&W's tuned by factory gunsmiths and they don't hold a candle to the Mundenized 629MG. Like butter on glass.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 308ld, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,476 guests, and 809 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,635
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.