Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Typical under the Obama Administrations goals to sell this nation out to the Globalists.. anyone receiving federal benefits of any type MUST have a bank account or a Federally Approved Debit Card to have their benefits deposited in...

"ITS THE LAW!!!" like we don't have enough laws in this country....

Just another way the federal government, especially under Obama and the Damn Democrats, want to be able to track every nickle that moves within this country.... where every penny you have is spent, what it is spent on, a complete record...

and whose benefit is that for? certainly not the average citizens benefit....

in the name of "Homeland Security", every day our nation's citizens give up any right to privacy... meanwhile it is perfectly alright to let illegal aliens come into the nation in droves... and not keep track of them... but we sure need to keep track of our own citizens in everything they do...

even what they had for lunch at McDonald's or Taco Bell, and how much that cost them....

our own nation... now no different than Soviet Russia, or Nazi Germany..... were everything we do is the governments business to know what it is...

anyone else getting sick of the words "The GOVERNMENT"??

BY ORDER OF THE KING.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There goes my business of beating up old ladies and taking their SS checks...

You guys are right, he is anti small business...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, but guess what? To get either of those, you must have a government approved "photo ID card"!

Ooops, there goes the libtard arguement for not having photo ID to vote!

Suckers!!!!!!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Why wouldn't you. You get your return 10 times faster.

Camp is where you make it.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've had federally mandated direct-deposit since 1983. No big thing and it saves tax dollars vs. cutting and mailing a check. They already know how much they gave you. Many large private firms also require direct-deposit. If you're concerned about them knowing how it's spent, go to the bank and withdraw all of it in cash (be sure to leave $20 to keep your account active) and spend it however you like. There are some drawbacks to that as you'll have to go inside at the gas station and pre-pay. Any online purchases will need to be followed with a money order that you must mail ... oops postage continues to go up, up! There are drawbacks to all cash transactions.

My bigger concern about all of this is the diminishing role of hard currency. When the day comes we are forced to make electronic payment for everything (probably within our lifetime), then they'll know everything (it amazes me that so many today swipe their debit card for a quarter-pounder with cheese and now vending machines have that swipe strip). They will know everything about every gun you own and how much ammo you burn a year.

Dave
Sticks and stones may break my bones ... but hollow-points expand on impact.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are we arguing here that you should be able to get handouts from the government and specify how the government should pay them to you?

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Barak
Are we arguing here that you should be able to get handouts from the government and specify how the government should pay them to you?

and I complaining about getting payment for food stamps for instance ?

uh the answer is NO....

yes is the answer if you figure VA Benefits are a handout....

my gripe over this, is like Downwind states.... society is moving to where CASH is something only people doing something illegal are paid in....

30 years ago, I remember the Tin Foil Hat crowd talking about money was being phased out... and we were all going to have bar codes embedded on our arm or foreheads... and all that information would be tracked totally by the Federal Government....

well, guess what is coming to pass... especially under the current Afro Administration and the Democrats....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just withdraw cash after it's deposited. Duh.

This ain't a .gov conspiracy. It's .gov catching up with ten years ago. Why should they do things slower and more expensively just to appease the tin foil crowd?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
heck Downwind.. I had to drop into Staples the other day and make a couple of quick copies of something...

copies are 9 cents each....BUT

They don't take cash at the register for that anymore...
and the machines don't take coins...

you have to 'swipe' your credit card....or debit card...

so my debit card is deducted an 18 cents 'purchase' to copy two pages of a document that I "NEED TO KEEP A COPY OF" according to another official company 'policy'...

a friend just applied for a job....at 60 years old... the outfit still demands each applicant supply them with all of the transcripts from each college they attended and their high school transcripts also....at the same time, he is experiencing a problem since the High School he went to, was closed down over 30 something years ago...

we are living in an information whorehouse society, where every business and governmental agency you deal with, wants to keep a massive data base on each individual, even for the simplest of reasons...while the evening news is filled weekly with someone else hacked into some data base and has the names and ALL personal information of 40 to 50 million people....

whats wrong with this picture?

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Just withdraw cash after it's deposited. Duh.

This ain't a .gov conspiracy. It's .gov catching up with ten years ago. Why should they do things slower and more expensively just to appease the tin foil crowd?

yeah.. right...

Why should the government waste money? I mean its not like wasting it is anything they know nothing about...its the government that thinks it is perfectly alright to spend a dollar counting a dime...

its about the informational whorehouse society, that technology has created.. and the governmental desire for more control over society in general...

but if that is A/OK with you, please don't let me rain on your parade...I'll pick up my "tinfoil hat" and get out of your way...

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That you drove to Staples to make .18 worth of copies?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
but if that is A/OK with you, please don't let me rain on your parade...I'll pick up my "tinfoil hat" and get out of your way...

By all means continue. You're only hurting your argument, not me. There not being a coin slot on a copy machine does not equal bar codes on our arms, but if that's the best you've got the go ahead with it.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
we are living in an information whorehouse society, where every business and governmental agency you deal with, wants to keep a massive data base on each individual, even for the simplest of reasons...while the evening news is filled weekly with someone else hacked into some data base and has the names and ALL personal information of 40 to 50 million people....

whats wrong with this picture?

Some call it "progress". Many others are concerned. Those who are deeply concerned go "off the grid" like our members in Alaska. laugh

Dave
Sticks and stones may break my bones ... but hollow-points expand on impact.
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
That you drove to Staples to make .18 worth of copies?

well actually walked across the parking lot...but thanks for your concern over my fuel consumption and 'carbon footprint'...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If the news was "federal government refuses to utilize direct deposit for government benefits....will continue to spend money on paper, envelopes, stamps and federal pensions for envelope stuffers" everybody here would still be pissing and moaning.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm sure the tracking is a perk, but I suspect it's more about the interest on the money.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
checks and cash are expensive. i'm not saying that makes it right, but it's a fact.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I get my SS by direct deposit along with tax refunds. I have a separate checking acct just for things like that. I can easily transfer the money from there to wherever I need it in under a minute online. Is that hiding anything from the feds? No, as anything you do through a bank can be easily tracked.

The time is coming, maybe very soon or maybe not in our lifetimes, when everyone will be wearing an identifying mark of some kind and no one will be able to do any transactions without it. Only in recent years has the technology been available to do this with billions of people. It will happen when the world comes under the control of a single man and you will have to bow to him and deny Christ to get the ID. If you do that, you will most assuredly burn in hell. It makes no difference if you believe in Christ and hell or not. Just because you don't believe in Him doesn't make Him false.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Next we're going to hear about backward masking in Led Zepplin songs.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Oh good Gawd...put on your big boy panties and grow up. I work for the USDA and we've had direct deposit for years. It is actually one of the BETTER ideas our Fed has had!

Cut a check to you? Two weeks minimum....DD? Done in 2 days....no brainer, unless you got something to hide, which some of our farmers do (usually don't want their wives to see a particular payment or something along those lines...she might spend the $!)

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,444
Posts18,489,584
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.