Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,330 of 1,842 1 2 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I like to have some daylight when I'm running that machine. It's always been a busy job inside the cab of ole yeller. Manual steering with a posi front axle, manual trans, dash mounted plow controls... It's hard to keep a hand on the right stuff at the right time, your feet stay pretty busy too.

But it's gotten more challenging after I broke a motor mount out on the lake this winter.

I have to be careful not to load the drivetrain and lug the engine because the old FE will raise up off the drivers side motor mount and start climbing out of the truck.

You know when the engine is trying to get out of the truck because the mechanical throttle linkage comes over center (self loads) and the big 4 barrel opens up.... It's what you call a compounding issue.

When the old FE starts climbing out of the truck frame, she opens herself up and really wants to run.

It's a handful.

grin

Something clever here.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Dang ol FE's. Old Yeller needs some tlc.

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
It's official, just sent in my deposit for next years moose hunt. Lookout Bullwinkle.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Congrats Bill, were will you be hunting thee elusive Bullwinkle???

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
British Columbia, NE of Quesnel

Last edited by Grizzly_Bill; 04/01/14.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
SWEET! I can't wait to see those pics! Have I mentioned I'm jealous?

Hey Bill! I'm headed your way in a month to chase birds with the kids. We'll probably be staying at the Best Western in Wittenberg.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
hunting all 4 species of moose is my holy grail. I highly doubt I'll get an opportunity to take one of the beasts, but oh what a dream to have. I'm green with envy bill, you better take lots of pics and have a detailed story for us! at least then i can live vicariously through your moose hunt. good luck!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Dang Dave sounds like you need to take a couple of days and do some work on the old yeller beast. I'm a good one to talk, my old ford 901 tractor thatI need to grade some lanes on the farm is sitting out there with no battery the new battery has been sitting on a couple of twobys in front of my workbench for two months now. I need to lengthen the cables about six inches. Always too many projects and not enough time. Hope you got it all plowed out.
Bill

You do not have to have had a psychotic episode to work here, it just saves time!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am officially ,really sick of winter now. frown
supposed to get another 3-9 inches later this week.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
It's official, just sent in my deposit for next years moose hunt. Lookout Bullwinkle.

That's awesome Bill. Got that on the bucket list. Someday.

Just got my CO elk app in this evening...4 minutes before the deadline. I have got to get this thing rolling sooner next year!

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I need to cut my grass today. It is getting too thick. I almost feel guilty when you guys are getting all that snow and we are well into Spring. Having lived in the South all my life it is hard to conceive snow at this time of year. Actually it is hard to grasp a lot of what you do in the frozen nort. Driving trucks with trailers out onto lakes??? Skim ice is about all we get.
Amazing experiences!

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'd like to mow some grass. At this point though, I think my lawn would be hell on the mower.

Last edited by tzone; 04/02/14.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
SWEET! I can't wait to see those pics! Have I mentioned I'm jealous?

Hey Bill! I'm headed your way in a month to chase birds with the kids. We'll probably be staying at the Best Western in Wittenberg.

Give me a shout, Tom. I'll try and catch up with you.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by fluffy
I am officially ,really sick of winter now. frown
supposed to get another 3-9 inches later this week.

Same here, Fluffy. Friday is supposed to be real messy.

As of now we will have the same guide, Greg, that we used in 2006. Greg already told my son that he is going to work his butt off to see that dad gets a moose. Think I'm going to get a Wolf tag also. They're plenty of Wolves there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
I need to cut my grass today. It is getting too thick. I almost feel guilty when you guys are getting all that snow and we are well into Spring. Having lived in the South all my life it is hard to conceive snow at this time of year. Actually it is hard to grasp a lot of what you do in the frozen nort. Driving trucks with trailers out onto lakes??? Skim ice is about all we get.
Amazing experiences!

Stan in SC

I'm with you Stan I've stated before I don't know how you Nortern guys do it . We started mowing yesterday only 28 more weeks of cutting grass to go . Went fishing Sunday caught 11 nice cats !

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I like snow one week and two days a year. The opening week of deer season. Christmas Eve and Christmas day. It can melt Christmas night as far as I'm concerned and never come back.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
Actually it is hard to grasp a lot of what you do in the frozen nort.

Well Stan,

I'm going to be in the Sunny South as soon as I can get my fat ass down there. Unfortunately, it won't be for about 25 years.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
my buddy was ice fishing this last weekend, he drilled through 52" of ice which is alot of ice for this time of year here even. then we get another 16" of snow which turning to all slop. its really no fun at all to work with this stuff. i got banks along my drive way now over 10ft high from drifting. first time in 18 years there that i have not been able to make it out in the morning. had to wait for a tractor to come in cuz the v-plow on the one-ton couldnt touch it.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Sure glad I made the decision to bring the Ice Castle home on Sunday instead of leaving it up there like I have for the last month or so. What a mess!

Bill - That is great! I hope you guys get some trophy meece!

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Trophy Meece... I love it!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Page 1,330 of 1,842 1 2 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (160user, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 51 invisible), 2,554 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,420
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.