-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I probably should have said "ignorant" people. I worded that incorrectly and did not mean to imply any amount of formal education.

There are several voter reforms I'd support as long as the outcome is to limit voting to those who have a demonstrable interest in the country's well being and financial soundness - an analogy might be a political equivalent to the "insurable interest" definition of the insurance industry.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
The legalization of marijuana is just another step in the demise of our society.
It will put a lot of cops out of work, that's for sure. One can understand their resentment of it being legalized.

Not one single cop will be out of work. In fact, they'll have to hire more in a few years.

We'll need more DUI cops.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BLG

Didn't the law passed leagalizing mary jane, stipulate all transactions must be in cash? If so, how in the world are taxes going to be collected "properly" in an all cash environment. That was part of why the law passed so they could tax it. Dumb

Clyde

If I pay cash for a bottle of gin, it is still taxed.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

If I pay cash for a bottle of gin......

gin?

Never figured you as a beefeater type

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The other fly in the ointment is that banks won't open accounts for the marijuana stores. The banks would fall prey to the RICO act and other anti-drug and organized crime laws. Without bank accounts the stores do have an all cash business - even paying the employees in cash.

But this and other issues are what other states are closely watching. How does one convert from a formerly illegal business to a legal one? What the the nuts and bolts of it?

Once Colorado and Washington get the details worked out I think we will see a lot of other states legalize it. Whether that is better or worse for society obviously folks will argue about for years to come.

I just don't remember reading about a huge turmoil or fall of society when Prohibition was repealed, and instead see a great decline in the number of people in prison and a drying up of the cash flow fueling corruption from the cop on the beat to Congress. Of course, that corruption money will still flow unabated, it will just have to go through different sources like PACs and other legal institutions for bribery.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RWE

If I pay cash for a bottle of gin......

gin?

Never figured you as a beefeater type

Tanqueray.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hendrick's gin is God's gin.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
But the transfer of wealth to the banks and government via the devaluation of our money (inflation) really left most families little choice but to send the women into the work force.

You don't really know any women, do you?

You work in a place where women work, but you don't really talk to them or understand anything about their life experiences or their ambitions, or anything at all about the paths they take, and their reasons for taking them.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Pot has been legal in Alaska since 1975, Ravin vs State, and driving with an Alaskan license plate gets the opposite response.

"Why is that guy driving like that ??? Oh, look at his plates he is from Alaska !!!!"

So as a result ... some of the Alaskans I know get about 50 to 100 MPJ ... (miles per joint) ... when traveling outside.

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BLG

Didn't the law passed leagalizing mary jane, stipulate all transactions must be in cash? If so, how in the world are taxes going to be collected "properly" in an all cash environment. That was part of why the law passed so they could tax it. Dumb

Clyde

If I pay cash for a bottle of gin, it is still taxed.

Travis

Oh I understand that Travis. You will pay the taxes on the sale. It's the reporting on the merchant's end that is suspect. Cash under the table so to speak.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
The other fly in the ointment is that banks won't open accounts for the marijuana stores. The banks would fall prey to the RICO act and other anti-drug and organized crime laws. Without bank accounts the stores do have an all cash business - even paying the employees in cash.

But this and other issues are what other states are closely watching. How does one convert from a formerly illegal business to a legal one? What the the nuts and bolts of it?

The thing is these Businesses are Still Illegal. According to the Federal Government Marijuana is Illegal in all 57 States.

Banks are aware of this and won't open accounts for an Illegal Marijuana Operation.

So, how can a State generate Tax revenue from an ILLEGAL Business?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tax evasion has sent a bunch of criminals to prison when they couldn't pin anything else on them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's a great question and the answer to that is what the other states are waiting to find out.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
Hendrick's gin is God's gin.

God likes cucumber water?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

I'll go a step further....and probably get blasted....

Women leaving the home to work was another source of the demise. The moral decline began with the demolition of the family unit IMO.

You could point to the feminist movement as the cause for many, many, many problems we have today.

History will show the feminist movement from the 70's onward was monumental in disassembling America.

Travis

I totally agree with you there. I'm still one of the believers that women shouldn't be allowed to vote....

The fall got going with Woodrow Wilson and progressives.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The legalization of marijuana is just another step in the demise of our society.
It will put a lot of cops out of work, that's for sure. One can understand their resentment of it being legalized.

It will not put even a single cop out of work. MJ possession charges have been the equivalent of a parking ticket for decades now.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
shortactionsmorker
I totally agree with you, I and wife wanted children to have our values not someone else' values, thus I worked a second job for 6 years. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's ways around the banking obstacles.

LOL
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BLG
[

Oh I understand that Travis. You will pay the taxes on the sale. It's the reporting on the merchant's end that is suspect. Cash under the table so to speak.

Clyde

It's a little unprecedented right now. But the CO dirtbags will find ways to close loopholes and explain to the dirtbags in other states how much money is being left on the table, and that will be the end of marijuana being a controlled substance.

Travis

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BLG
[

Clyde

It's a little unprecedented right now. But the CO dirtbags will find ways to close loopholes and explain to the dirtbags in other states how much money is being left on the table, and that will be the end of marijuana being a controlled substance.

Travis

The Liberals will never remove Marijuana from the Controlled Substance list on the Federal level.

They will endorse it's use and "Legalize" it on the State level, but never on the Federal level.

Keeping Marijuana a Controlled Substance makes Every User and everyone in possession a Prohibited Person. By allowing it's use on the State level they are stripping Millions of Americans of their Second Amendment rights without enacting a single piece of legislation and without lifting a finger.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (007FJ, 1Akshooter, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,435 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,046
Posts18,500,875
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.