Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
It's a public health issue, to get a license you have to have a certificate from the vet showing that the dog is up to date with their shots including rabies, I don't have a problem with this.

Last edited by GSP814; 04/04/14.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Might sound ludicrous but one of the more insidious political things occurring is the quiet spread of the animal rights agenda through the provision of low-cost or free dog and cat neutering services to communities in return for promises of regulations to be passed, part of which is working towards a no-kill shelter.

I ain't gonna argue that neutered pets or no-kill shelters are bad things but here is what quietly passed in San Antonio with little or no public input in response to a mobile "SNAP Wagon" program where they tow a spay/neuter trailer around to different store and mall parking lots.

1) Passed a leash law throughout the city rather than the previous "animal under control" wording.
2) Expanded the dog license program to the extent that the cost for unneutered pets is higher, and if you want to BREED a dog you are supposed to obtain a yet more expensive "breeding permit" from the city of San Antonio before the fact.
3) Made it illegal to leave a dog in a parked car at any season for any length of time.
4) Made it illegal to chain a dog outside, even within your own fenced yard.
5) Made it illegal to buy or sell any animal out of your vehicle by the side of the road.
6) Banned pet sales (even birds and fish) at the local flea markets. One should understand that the "flea markets" on the South Side here are huge, more like outdoor malls where lots of regular folks commonly shop on weekends.
7) Greatly reduced patrols by dogcatchers to round up/trap obvious stray/feral dogs so as to lower the dog intake, thus achieving a more "no kill" shelter.

Of course the lower income population of San Antonio is so big, and the dog-left-chained-out-in-the-yard thing so prevalent a part of the local culture, that thus far enforcement relative to numbers has been low.

But what these laws do is give the city a club if they need it.

My own three heelers walk reliably off-leash at heel. We often leave them in the car when on errands and two of them were bought by roadside sales. None of them has ever been licensed and one is intact, we might breed her at some point.

Now it suddenly turns out I am or was in violation of the laws on all four counts. Even I wasn't aware of it when these laws were quietly enacted a few years back and I tend to be more informed about such things than most folks.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
we are worse off now than folks living in China. Where did all these do good busy bodies come from?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
We get calls from them to assist them all the time, mostly I just laugh at em. They're fuggin jokes.

The dog licensing system in Pa has benefits. Especially if your pooch wanders off we can read the tag number to the county and they can look it up and get us contact info for the owner and we can get their pets back to them. That said. They still need a warrant to come in unless you invite them.

Cats aren't licensed here because they are considered "free spirits", and any cat that is more than 150 feet(i bleieve) away from a building may legally be shot

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Where did all these do good busy bodies come from?

They are called "Democrats", and the animals rights end of that group pushing these dog laws are mostly well-off White Liberals, fanatics actually.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steve_in_PA
If you want to know where they get the authority to check for licenses;

Title 3 P.S. Agriculture
Chapter 8. Dogs and Cats
Article IV. Duties of Officers
� 459-401. Interference with police officer or State dog warden; duties of State dog warden; failure to produce license certificate
(e) Illegal to fail to produce license.--It shall be unlawful for any person to whom a license certificate has been issued to fail or refuse to produce the license certificate for such dog upon demand of any police officer or employee of the department.
Sounds like a good reason never to get a dog license.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have a buddy who just had an insurance company decline to write him because he has 9 dogs.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i got my beagle a license. now the fugger just takes the truck anytime he damn well pleases and heads to the Legion. friggen mutt.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ask him to stop by and give my sheepdog a ride, he likes a cold one now and then.
Animal control has been going door to door here for several years.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Every person I've met from PA has been a liberal. So this really doesn't surprise me.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Sounds like a good reason never to get a dog license.

Laughin'...

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
my dog is too stupid to be trusted to drive anyway.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thinking back, the closest we have come to this was a couple of years back when the otherwise inoffensive and elderly golden retriever across the street got out of the back yard and apparently nipped or nearly nipped some kid walking by their front lawn on the way to school with the mom. The mom filed a complaint.

Animal Control came, wrote the owner a citation and took the dog, certainly to be euthanized as "dangerous", and then they were up and down the street looking for violations among dog owners. I'm assuming that same lady gave them the locations.

I heard they knocked on our door but we weren't home, and all three of our dogs were in the house. They must have barked but those people didn't bother to follow up.

I ain't seen the complainer in some time, probably she moved. Good riddance.

The thing is, if animal control woulda asked me and in the unlikely event I would be inclined to cooperate, I could have put 'em on to the locations of at least a half-dozen genuinely dangerous dogs chained up around the neighborhood.

Birdwatcher

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Might sound ludicrous but one of the more insidious political things occurring is the quiet spread of the animal rights agenda through the provision of low-cost or free dog and cat neutering services to communities in return for promises of regulations to be passed, part of which is working towards a no-kill shelter.

I ain't gonna argue that neutered pets or no-kill shelters are bad things but here is what quietly passed in San Antonio with little or no public input in response to a mobile "SNAP Wagon" program where they tow a spay/neuter trailer around to different store and mall parking lots.

1) Passed a leash law throughout the city rather than the previous "animal under control" wording.
2) Expanded the dog license program to the extent that the cost for unneutered pets is higher, and if you want to BREED a dog you are supposed to obtain a yet more expensive "breeding permit" from the city of San Antonio before the fact.
3) Made it illegal to leave a dog in a parked car at any season for any length of time.
4) Made it illegal to chain a dog outside, even within your own fenced yard.
5) Made it illegal to buy or sell any animal out of your vehicle by the side of the road.
6) Banned pet sales (even birds and fish) at the local flea markets. One should understand that the "flea markets" on the South Side here are huge, more like outdoor malls where lots of regular folks commonly shop on weekends.
7) Greatly reduced patrols by dogcatchers to round up/trap obvious stray/feral dogs so as to lower the dog intake, thus achieving a more "no kill" shelter.

Of course the lower income population of San Antonio is so big, and the dog-left-chained-out-in-the-yard thing so prevalent a part of the local culture, that thus far enforcement relative to numbers has been low.

But what these laws do is give the city a club if they need it.

My own three heelers walk reliably off-leash at heel. We often leave them in the car when on errands and two of them were bought by roadside sales. None of them has ever been licensed and one is intact, we might breed her at some point.

Now it suddenly turns out I am or was in violation of the laws on all four counts. Even I wasn't aware of it when these laws were quietly enacted a few years back and I tend to be more informed about such things than most folks.

Birdwatcher

San Antonio has more feral, POS, mutts running around than any town I've been to.

Except Browning.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
any cat that is more than 150 feet(i bleieve) away from a building may legally be shot

Finally,,,, a law that makes sense!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There is no "right" needed to walk up and knock on your door. It's not like they are walking into your backyard and checking Fido's tags.

Really?

What's the difference?

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steve_in_PA

There is no "right" needed to walk up and knock on your door. It's not like they are walking into your backyard and checking Fido's tags.

They will use this as means of collecting evidence for a search warrant. [bleep] them!

Also good to know...
(b.2) Limitation on the possession of firearms.--No dog warden or employee of the department shall carry, possess or use a firearm in the performance of duties.

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Every person I've met from PA has been a liberal. So this really doesn't surprise me.

Travis

We're not all liberals, but seems like theyre all over the place these days.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I see both sides.

If folks would be responsible, they would all keep their pets under control and vaccinated.

Thtas the reason for the laws generally speaking, when those laws were put into place.

But now days its much more than that. And its big brother government.

But it would be nice to somewhat be able to assume that when the irresponsible idiot down the roads dog happens to show up and nip me, that its vaccinated. Be nice to know they would be responsible for my medical bills too if any, and so on.

Glad I live in the country and only work in the small town I work in..

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Rights?
Who said you had rights?

There once was a little spat over 'rats.

Some say it never ended.
I feel like joining in now.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

245 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 2500HD, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 21 invisible), 1,723 guests, and 1,039 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,122
Posts18,483,677
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.