Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
There are 100s and 100s of conspiracy theories out there. There has to be more than a few that aren't just theory.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Craigster
There are 100s and 100s of conspiracy theories out there. There has to be more than a few that aren't just theory.

Probably. But why would the government be interested in .22 ammo? Everything else is quite readily available,so what benefit would it be to hoard .22? Besides, there are some places where its not that difficult to find this ammo. If gov stole it all, it would be gone everywhere.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

If you guys haven't read this, it makes a lot of sense. When you read the numbers and realize they are low balling it, it's a Holy Smokes type thing.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
One of the primary functions of a government is lying to those being governed. It always has and always will.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
really..propoganda?
People beleive the Internet more than the Bible

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
my buddy knows a guy who's brother works with a guy who used to work at walmart. he said every week the ammo truck comes and they load most of it into an unmarked truck with govt plates.

and theres no one driving the govt truck. it drives itself!!!

DUN DUH DUH!!!

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In 1994, we would have laughed at anyone that said .gov was going to be spying on every Citizen,

Many were saying exactly that, and no one (smart) was laughing

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I swear I'm not hurting all y'alls chances of buying .22 RF. I'm still shootin' stuff purchased in '99, one dead pig at a time. Just looking at the landscape...you can cast bullets and reload CF cheaper than a lot of rimfire ammo. BP flinters are a LOT cheaper, especially the small bores like .32/.36. 10 grains of BP will make a .32 RB whiz fair sharp.

2 choices: Bitch about it or do something about it.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
With 20+ in manufactuing, I would assume that the .22 shortage is because it makes the least profit. The profit from .22's is from volume, millions and millions of bullets at .01 profit per bullet. With shortages in powder, lead, Etc., it would make since that the manufactures are producing the products that make the highest amount of profit first.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll go out to a fema camp up here tomorrow and see what's up.

I'm sick of this chit!

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
The profit in 22's? Resale! The walymart clerks taking $10 to make a call when rim fires come in and the night shift guys coming in at 3 am and buying the lot. Then re- selling the stuff for 3 to 5 times cost.

If we stop buying the over priced stuff, it will settle down.

So for now, reload .

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
A few things come to mind:
- some military, at least the AF transitioned from 5.56 to .22 LR for the majority of their qualification training.
- there are more badge/gun carrying units in the Federal government than ever (not that I agree with it, but I'm sure that factors into total buy numbers.
- a good portion of all Fed ammo is warehoused or bunkered somewhere just yo meet regulations.
- most of the contracts you hear about are "blanket" or "not-to-exceed" quantities which do not necessarily reflect what is being bought.

FWIW.....

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I swear I'm not hurting all y'alls chances of buying .22 RF. I'm still shootin' stuff purchased in '99, one dead pig at a time. Just looking at the landscape...you can cast bullets and reload CF cheaper than a lot of rimfire ammo. BP flinters are a LOT cheaper, especially the small bores like .32/.36. 10 grains of BP will make a .32 RB whiz fair sharp.

2 choices: Bitch about it or do something about it.
.gov is hoarding all the black powder too

Add Strike Anywhere matches to the list as well

laugh

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
PA is fertile ground for wild imaginations.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is not far fetched at all, and could be entirely accurate.

Back in the 80's my father's best buddy, hunting buddy, and second father to me, was a field grade officer in the Army, worked at several army depots across the US. I remember him telling of one in particular, close to where we lived, where he said they had bunkers full of .22lr ammo. As with some here, that surprised me as I wondered what use in the world the Army would have for that much rimfire ammo. His explanation was this: The .22lr was the most commonly held firearm in American households. If a household has at least one firearm, it's a damned good bet there's a .22lr in the mix. The ,22lr ammunition was being stored in the event of an invasion of the US by another country, whereby attempts would be made to distribute the ammo to civilians for use in a resistance to the invading forces.

Zero reason to doubt him, the guy never bullshitted a day in his life.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
[Linked Image]

No schit!!! Someone finally got a photo of TRH

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
" The ,22lr ammunition was being stored in the event of an invasion of the US by another country, whereby attempts would be made to distribute the ammo to civilians for use in a resistance to the invading forces. "

20 years ago, that might have been the case. IMHO it would more likely be used against us, rather than protect us (at least by the current administration).

The REAL reason for the shortage is that Eric Holder has been handing out bricks of 22LR to the illegals as they cross the Rio Grande, along with instructions for free housing, welfare checks, Obama phones, drivers license & voter registration info. Or, at least that's what I heard. :-) -TomT

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
.gov is hoarding all the black powder too

Uh, horsefeathers....

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Akbob5
A few things come to mind:
- some military, at least the AF transitioned from 5.56 to .22 LR for the majority of their qualification training.- there are more badge/gun carrying units in the Federal government than ever (not that I agree with it, but I'm sure that factors into total buy numbers.
- a good portion of all Fed ammo is warehoused or bunkered somewhere just yo meet regulations.
- most of the contracts you hear about are "blanket" or "not-to-exceed" quantities which do not necessarily reflect what is being bought.

FWIW.....

Since when?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (Amos63, 808outdoors, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,382 guests, and 782 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,502
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.