Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Im offshore still. Strings are installed. DL and DW verified, cam "timing" set. Got that all done before I had to leave. His arrows are in as well

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by eyeball
Rob and Big Buck, et al. Do y'all consider a whisker biscuit capable of good accuracy?

Last deer I shot was at 50 yards using a whisker biscuit. I think the key to shooting them well is to have good form. I'm not as accurate at long range compared to a drop away but I sure like the simple and reliable design for hunting. I have a buddy that can consistently place his arrows in the vitals at long range 75+ yards out using a WB.

I think a beginner is better served by a drop away so they can be more accurate while developing good form and ultimately confidence in their equipment. By the way I've gone back and forth several times ( drop away vs biscuit) but keep putting the biscuit on when it's go time.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't like whisker biscuits. I can't tell you how many people buy a bow as a kit from Bass Pro or Dicks or such and bring it to me to set up and it has a whisker biscuit. I don't like them for two reasons. One is I shoot Quick Spin vanes. Almost 100% of the shooters in my club use them, and I fletch half of their arrows for them. My friend Rick does the other half, by the way. They have a kicker on each vane, and you can't shoot them through a biscuit. The other is I offset my vanes, and you have to straight fletch for a biscuit. Both defeat the point of spinning the arrow to stabilize it's flight.

The big selling point of a whisker biscuit is that it serves as an arrow rest and contains the arrow so it can't fall off the bow. If you are going to shoot a little before opening day and sit in a tree stand and take 20 yard shots. Great. If you are going to shoot for fun, and do some distance, not so much! We all shoot drop away rests. I don't want anything interfering with my arrow coming off my bow, and I want my arrow to spin as much as possible.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I can shoot robin hoods all day long.

Hey!! Your going the wrongway.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
How many have robin hoods from the old style arrows where it was VERY hard to split one?

RE whisker biscuits, never shot one, but I"d be more into uber tuning if it wasn't a waste to take a shot much more than 15 yards on our deer. Too much chance for enough movement at 20 and beyond to where you are not nearly in contol of shot placement. And as such, you can hit small groups all you want at 50 or beyond, but our deer may well not be in the same county by the time it gets there.

Which is exactly what has been said.

If I had deer where I could ethically take longer shots, I"d run drop aways hands down.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
It's rare if you shoot like me. I shoot trad and wheels and have only had two Robin Hoods....my first was with my Black Widow and I about fainted.

I'm 56 and been shooting since I was 13!

Last edited by Godogs57; 04/10/14.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I don't have a cam to my life either. Have trads too, but only robin hood was with a 91 PSE Wheels... but I don't shoot hardly anymore. Back in the day I blew knocks off left and right in high school...but never split one until I was about 22 or so...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1234, 16gage, 53 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,405
Posts18,470,186
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.