Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
This is my fourth Sig. 2 p220s a 2022 and a 1911 Scorpion. I've been happy with all of them

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
The only SIG I've ever owned was a P228. I got rid of it because the mags were so high during the dark period of the AWB. I wish I still had it, but can't really justify to myself another compact 9mm when I've already got an M&P Compact. I don't plan on getting rid of the Smith either. I can see nothing wrong with a SIG though. Good guns.
I had the P228, too. Great gun. I only got rid of it when I became a purest against double/single action autos, i.e., those that require a transition from double to single action from first to second shot.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Chris, you would like this DAK trigger

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Chris, you would like this DAK trigger
I don't believe I would. I don't like the one on the Walther PPQ, and this one sounds like it.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
It's really nothing more than a DAO, with a short reset

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It's really nothing more than a DAO, with a short reset
Sounds like the Walther PPQ.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Dunno never played with a walther

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If your "hood rats" are always getting scared and running away, you're not in the hood.

You're in hood-lite or maybe hood-ish.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
If your "hood rats" are always getting scared and running away, you're not in the hood.

Beverly-hood?

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
More glocks for me. Lol

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Yeah, you have many showdowns with hood rats???

It's a basic human instinct to preserve one's own life. "Hood rats" are typically wanting to victimize the weak. Very few are going to want to engage in a gun battle with an armed citizen. Not that we have any hoods around here, unless you count Memphis. whistle

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
Kinda hard to criticize someone for trading up to a Sig. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

Absolutely!

Congrats to the OP

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I have some 19's, I hate glocks they breed like rabbits.

Like feral hogs and must be eliminated! grin

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some folks will run. Assuming 1-They think they'll lose 2-They value their life and 3-Their judgment isn't clouded with alcohol, drugs and machismo. That's a lot of assumptions to make about ever bad guy.

The willingness to run is also pretty dependent on the bad guys skin color and how much money they've got. There are just too many variables.

Do you have any first had experience that you're basing these blanket statements on? Because it's in pretty direct conflict with what I've seen with my own lying eyes.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Most will never need a firearm to protect themselves, but if one does need one it is best to be adequately armed with enough ammo. I would prefer to have ammo left over rather than to run out.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter

Beverly-hood?
grin

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jwp475

Most will never need a firearm to protect themselves, but if one does need one it is best to be adequately armed with enough ammo. I would prefer to have ammo left over rather than to run out.
yep

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree with Bluedreaux that there are too many variables. I have seen situations in the hood where the stampede from people running from the gunfire was more dangerous than the gunfire itself. But, that is not the same as going up against prison-hardened criminals, outlaw motorcycle gangs, doped up or seriously drunk people, jonesing people who need to score dope a half hour from now, and mentally ill people who think they are God and you are Satan. People can cut down some risk by avoiding certain neighborhoods or cities, but anyplace with train tracks or a highway running through it can have any or all of the above passing through. The mentally ill person could be living next door, and even the nice grandma down the block may have taken in her punk grandson who just got out of the halfway house or drug rehab.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
I've owned a bunch of Glocks, a couple of 1911's, a few Berettas, a few Rugers, a couple of Sigs, several double action revolvers..... and carried them all. Sometimes with a reload; most of the time without.

Recently, I got a Ruger Vaquero 45 Colt with a 3.75" barrel and birdshead grip. I've actually carried it a few times, because it's quickly became my favorite to handle.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
I agree with Bluedreaux that there are too many variables. I have seen situations in the hood where the stampede from people running from the gunfire was more dangerous than the gunfire itself. But, that is not the same as going up against prison-hardened criminals, outlaw motorcycle gangs, doped up or seriously drunk people, jonesing people who need to score dope a half hour from now, and mentally ill people who think they are God and you are Satan. People can cut down some risk by avoiding certain neighborhoods or cities, but anyplace with train tracks or a highway running through it can have any or all of the above passing through. The mentally ill person could be living next door, and even the nice grandma down the block may have taken in her punk grandson who just got out of the halfway house or drug rehab.

Very well said

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
-Thomas Jefferson
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1234, 1936M71, 007FJ, 204guy, 160user, 1lessdog, 55 invisible), 2,420 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,527
Posts18,491,115
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.