Hop To
G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G

April 14, 2014

Urges Model 700 and Model Seven Owners to Take Immediate Action

Remington Arms Company, LLC (�Remington�) today announced a voluntary recall of Model 700� and Model Seven� rifles with X-Mark Pro� (�XMP��) triggers, manufactured from May 1, 2006 to April 9, 2014.

Senior Remington engineers determined that some Model 700 and Model Seven rifles with XMP triggers could, under certain circumstances, unintentionally discharge.

IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY, THESE PRODUCTS ARE BEING RECALLED.

Remington�s investigation determined that some XMP triggers might have excess bonding agent used in the assembly process, which could cause an unintentional discharge. Therefore, Remington is recalling ALL affected products to fully inspect and clean the XMP triggers with a specialized process.

Remington has advised customers to immediately cease use of recalled rifles and return them to Remington free of charge. The rifles will be inspected, specialty cleaned, tested, and returned as soon as possible. Do not attempt to diagnose or repair recalled rifles.

Remington established a dedicated website and toll-free hotline to help consumers determine whether their Model 700 or Model Seven rifle(s) are subject to recall:

Toll-Free Hotline: 1-800-243-9700 (Prompt #3 then Prompt #1) Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EDT.
The website and hotline provide guidance on returning recalled rifles free of charge.

�Remington takes safety extremely seriously,� said Teddy Novin, Director of Public Affairs and Communications. �While we have the utmost confidence in the design of the XMP trigger, we are undertaking this recall in the interest of customer safety, to remove any potential excess bonding agent applied in the assembly process. We have established significant safety and technical resources to determine which rifles are affected and to minimize any risks. Our goal is to have every recalled firearm inspected, specialty cleaned, tested and returned as soon as possible.�

�We�re putting our customers and their safety first by voluntarily recalling all potentially affected rifles� Novin concluded.

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Wondering when 60 Minutes will show up... again.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Does one have to send the entire gun, or will they just fix the trigger if I send it to them?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I'm just going to assume these are to be sent to Tennessee??

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i'm not a gunsmith and not an engineer, but can someone tell me how a huge company, with lots of talented folks, release a faulty trigger to replace another faulty trigger? they had problems going back 30+ years with their trigger design. how could they release a replacement with a similiar issue?

My diploma is a DD214
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
The new trigger is not really faulty. There is just the possibility some glue dripped into the inner workings during assembly. They are just inspecting and cleaning any glue if any is present.

Now if they would recall the 5 million rifles made prior to 2006 that really do have defective triggers they will be doing the right thing.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have a rifle effected by the recall. You have to send the rifle in. They are sending the boxes they want me to put it in and prepaid shipping labels. Fortunately i got the scope on but never sighted in. So im taking the scope off this evening. I thought about just having a timney put in and pass on the recall. I will probably send it back and have the xm trigger recall done and when I get it back put a timney in it and throw the xm in a box for some unknown future use. Dissappointed in Remmington but at least I didnt have the time effort and cartriges invested in sighting it in. Good timing on their part and good they are taking care of it I can at least give them that.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Instead of sending the rifle in to have a crappy trigger repaired, replace it with a Timney! I replaced both of my 700 triggers. You don't realize how bad the 700 trigger is until you've shot an aftermarket trigger.

Elk Country

"I refuse to waste my common sense on those who have been educated beyond their intelligence"

All you need to know about Democrats is they call American citizens "Deplorables" and illegal immigrants "Dreamers"!
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
When I order a new Remington action or rifle, I also order a Jewel trigger. Without the Jewel (or Timney) trigger a Remington is like eating pancakes without syrup.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Model 7 in .260 is one of the very few factory rifles I'd consider buying. That or a CZ 550...otherwise, I'd just prefer to build up a sporter based on a '94 Sweede action in 6.5x55.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Im leaning that way Elk. Not sure I really want to send it in and not sure I would ever use that xm in anything. I never have had a aftermarket trigger but my buddies all have the timneys and they love them.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I have four of those damned triggers! I'll be go to hell if I am going to dismount those scopes and pack up my rifles to send back to those idiots and hope to god I get my rifles back and get them back in some semblance of a reasonable time.

A person would have to be dumber than a box of rocks to send a rifle with a tuned trigger back and expect anything other than a refurbed 8 pound trigger dumped into the rifle and then there's still too much chance for them to mess up and send your rifle somewhere else. Four rifles and you just have to know at least one won'r come back.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (2500HD, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 22250rem, 257 roberts, 22kHornet, 58 invisible), 2,537 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,596
Posts18,511,301
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.