OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
What year were those people deported, TRH?

Last edited by eyeball; 04/19/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by eyeball
What year were those people deported, TRH?
I believe it was 1971, under Nixon. Same year, coincidentally, that we went off gold.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
We needed a military base. Eminent domain is in the Constitution. Sometimes people have to move.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
We needed a military base. Eminent domain is in the constitution.

Better read the link W4B posted

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
TRH,

It's obvious you hate this country, by your posts. Perhaps you can find another place to your liking. Maybe some place without Jewish conspiracies, international bankers controlling governments and other such new world order things.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Schit, this ain't nothing, we nuked Bikini Atoll. Does that fall under eminent domain too? grin

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
TRH,

It's obvious you hate this country, by your posts. Perhaps you can find another place to your liking. Maybe some place without Jewish conspiracies, international bankers controlling governments and other such new world order things.

An unbound government is the enemy of my country. An American who loves his country will seek to restore the government to the chains of the Constitution which bound it at its inception. Those who don't share this goal are my county's enemies.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
We needed a military base. Eminent domain is in the constitution.

Better read the link W4B posted

Not really.

A war was on. Anyone not in the US or British military had to leave the island. I see who posted the link, and who wrote the article. That's everything I really need to know on the subject.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I see who posted the link, and who wrote the article. That's everything I really need to know on the subject.
Until today, I'd never heard of this author, but here's a short bio:

Sherwood Ross is an award-winning reporter. He served in the U.S Air Force where he contributed to his base newspaper.

He later worked for The Miami Herald and Chicago Daily News. He contributed a weekly column on working for a major wire service.

He is also an editorial and book publicist. He currently resides in Florida.

Are there some facts presented in his article that you care to dispute?

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
There are those fire members who say if we don't like what ze ro dictates, we are domestic ter rorists and hate our country.

I disagree. I voted for Bush, but he sure screwed some things up.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I'm referring to The Center for Research on Globalization and it's founder and Editor Michel Chossudevsky. He sounds like a personal friend of Alex Jones.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think we need to worry more about what .gov is doing to America, than about Diago Garcia.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 04/19/14.

Sam......

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I'm referring to The Center for Research on Globalization and it's founder and Editor Michel Chossudevsky. He sounds like a personal friend of Alex Jones.
Never heard of the organization. The article was linked to me, and I found it of interest. I'd be happy to listen to you if you dispute the facts presented.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Couldn't have found a better place to land that 777. Enough high tech resources to find a needle in a haystack the size of Texas...and play with two tinker toy buggys on Mars but not one damn piece of evidence of the plane crashing.. None!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It wasn't the US that forced them to leave, it was the Brits, who still to this day are sovereign over Diego Garcia. Then they handed the keys over to the US in exchange for the cancellation of some war debt.

If you want to bash to the US over forced displacement, look to Bikini Atoll.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I keep asking sarcastically if Ol� Hawkeye ever gets tired of being "right" all the time.

As his sources are continually shot down, one has to wonder why he does not reevaluate their accuracy.

Cassandra Yeoh, Ron J. Backus and Samuel Lee
The Star/Asia News Network
Friday, Apr 04, 2014
[�]
As a US military and intelligence base, the island has remained under a cloud of secrecy for decades.
Island Of Shame, a book written by an anthropologist, Assoc Prof David Vine, details how the base was a little-known launch pad for the US wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and may house a top-secret CIA prison where terror suspects are interrogated and tortured. Drawing on interviews with Washington insiders and military strategists, Vine's book claims to expose the secret history of Diego Garcia and also chronicles the story of the island's native inhabitants who were exiled and reportedly continue to fight to return to their homeland.

A report in British newspaper The Daily Telegraph on April 2 said that Chagos Islanders who had been exiled from Diego Garcia by the British in the 1960s are fighting to get their island back (tinyurl.com/p8y5dw8).
[�]
Ownership
While the US has a military base there, Diego Garcia is actually owned by Britain, as it sits in British Indian Ocean Territory (BIOT).
According to the US Commander, Navy Installations Command (cnic.navy.mil), in 1965, with the formation of BIOT, an agreement was signed between the British and American governments in 1966 making the island available to satisfy the defence needs of both countries.

The conspiracy theory
One of the biggest conspiracy theories circulating the Internet at this time is the theory presented by freelance journalist Jim Stone.
According to Stone, an American MH370 passenger, Philip Wood, managed to send out an image and voice activated text, along with GPS coordinates that traced the phone to a location a few kilometres away from Diego Garcia. While the photograph - sent via an iPhone 5 - revealed nothing as it was blank (black), the text claimed that Wood was being held hostage by unknown military personnel.
This report sparked speculation that MH370 had landed on the US military base while checks on pilot Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah's flight simulator fuelled further speculation - experts reportedly found Diego Garcia's runway among those Capt Zaharie had used for practice landings.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
It wasn't the US that forced them to leave, it was the Brits, who still to this day are sovereign over Diego Garcia. Then they handed the keys over to the US in exchange for the cancellation of some war debt.
It was a joint effort, but it was a US base when they were expelled, so it was carried out by US personnel.
If you want to bash to the US over forced displacement, look to Bikini Atoll.
I only want to bash what needs bashing.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by GeoW
Couldn't have found a better place to land that 777. Enough high tech resources to find a needle in a haystack the size of Texas...and play with two tinker toy buggys on Mars but not one damn piece of evidence of the plane crashing.. None!

Yep, and an AWACS could have easily pulled alongside and electronically taken over the controls some say.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (160user, 1badf350, 10ring1, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 14,704 guests, and 1,069 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,076
Posts18,541,429
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
Yesterday at 07:15 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.