Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You guys ever heard of this crazy PayPal fad thing?

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The paypal that just closed my account because I ADVERTISED a gun for sale on gunbroker.com? The ones that are holding the $600 in my account for 6 months, because I advertised a gun for sale? That paypal?

We have recently reviewed your PayPal account activity, and determined that you are in violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy regarding your sales / offers of firearms on www.gunbroker.com, user ID: garand101.

As a result, your account has been permanently limited and this cannot be appealed.

Per the PayPal User Agreement, which you read and accepted when you created your account, we reserve the right to permanently limit an account due to an Acceptable Use Policy violation. We may hold any available balance in your PayPal account for up to 180 days. In addition, you may be liable for any amount of damages PayPal incurs for each violation of the Acceptable
Use Policy.

To read more about your liability, the actions we may take and other relevant information pertaining to the PayPal User Agreement, please refer to the following URL:
https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?...ua/UserAgreement_full&locale.x=en_US

Please remove all references to PayPal from your website/s and/or
auction/s. This includes not only removing PayPal as a payment option, but also the PayPal logo and PayPal shopping cart.

The PayPal User Agreement states that PayPal reserves the right to limit an account for any violation of the PayPal User Agreement, including the Acceptable Use Policy.
Under the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy, PayPal may not be used to send or receive payments for firearms or weapons, which include but are not limited to:
Firearms - Includes all rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they are intended for use in sporting, as collectibles, or as curio and relic firearms. These items are prohibited regardless of their present working order.

Firearm parts - Includes, but is not limited to, receivers and frames,silencers, kits designed to convert a firearm to automatic firing capability, a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds, multi-burst trigger activators and camouflaging firearm containers.

Ammunition - Includes ammunition with propellant, such as gunpowder or blank ammunition. Ammunition is defined as ammunition or cartridge cases,primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm.

PayPal allows transactions for paintball guns, blank guns, and air-soft guns as permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction. These items must display all markings required by law, must not be convertible to shoot a lethal projectile, and must not include blank ammunition.

You can view the complete PayPal Acceptable Use Policy by clicking the "Legal" link at the bottom of any PayPal page and clicking "PayPal Acceptable Use Policy". You can also find some more information on the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy on our Help Center.

We thank you in advance for your cooperation. If you have any questions, please contact the PayPal Brand Risk Management Department at auppaypal.com.

Sincerely,
Jacob
PayPal, Brand Risk Management
PayPal, an eBay Company
--------------------------------------------------

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bufaf,

Sorry about all that PayPal headache. I knew I just didn't like the system or feel right about it when I did have an account with them for a short while. Just, wow.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Bufaf,

good answer......
I don't like it (paypal) when people use it on the sneak,,,

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Um. You violated their terms. Buying a stock is not in violation.

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I posted about this quite a bit over the last few years. I had buddies that were affected by this and they could not get Pay Pal off of their account. They had to go to the bank and open new accounts etc. Since that time, I have not had a pay pal account, and I wont again. It doesnt make any sense to me that they cannot be reomved from your bank account. Why would we give people the right to lock down our personal bank accounts just for some easy of transaction.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Personally never been much on PayPal and all the anti gun corporations out there... I am not judging just offering an opinion... BTW kinda amazing to me that the NRA doesn't create a NRA-PAL... but that is another topic for another day.

KrumMarine (8 year 24HC member) validated me as a decent honorable guy back on page 4 if that is good enough for you... if not please ignore me as anewbie if you like.

So here is my pleasure...

Jamie sold me a Remington 700 rifle (.300 RUM) in February, 2014 on Virginia Gun Trader. It appears that he did not own it (appears he sold it previously on Long Range Hunting... or scammed that guy too (see below)... still checking).

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f25/remington-300-ultra-123201/

I have done hundreds of deals on Virginia Gun Trader and all have gone BEAUTIFULLY (Honor is JUST ASSUMED on VAGT)... Anyway, I spoke with Jamie at great length and 6-7 times and really expected no drama when I sent him the check for $550.

Bottomline, (in hind-site) I acted foolishly sending a check vs. driving 4 hours to do a F2F transaction. But stuff happens (this was my first time ever). Shame on me.

Jamie claimed to have shipped the gun (but the USPS sent it back)... I have tried to pick up personally 5-6 times (but he is always out of town/busy on weekends/ignores calls/mail etc. He also claimed (after the sale) to be an FFL so he would have to ship the gun to and FFL. My FFL has called and called him.

I could go on much longer, but you have already probably heard enough... sorry about that.

So... I am chasing this legally (at a Federal Felony level)... with a friend, ********** Esq.

Typically I wouldn't do this because gun rights are so important to a citizen... HOWEVER a simple Internet search of Jamie's email address really pulls up a huge pattern of BS.

Mike ended up with his stock and I am happy for him (even if it wasn't exactly as described), but how many other folks has this guy taken? And over such petty stuff... really... 99.9% of us wouldn't even think of doing such things over small amounts of money? Especially mail fraud and FFL claims... WOW is all I can say.

In the world of wolves and sheep there are also sheep dogs and sheppards... I have always considered myself a sheep dog, but the other day my wife called me a well armed relentless SOB sheppard. I just had to laugh.

Be well, Leonard

Last edited by CashisKing; 04/28/14.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bufaf...You violated that TOS you agreed to when you signed up...I'm on your side buddy but...

I bet you didn't know that PayPal can take money in your account or from your bank account to settle disputes or just take your money if they feel like it? If your bank account is still linked up I would deal with that pronto.

Seems like the more definitions they include in their TOS that violate their policies, the more money they can grab. Paypal confiscated 10k from a friend of mine from non-firearms related legal activity.

His recourse is that he can always sue them...sure, but they have his money.

You got off cheap from dealing with that pos...

Google and Facebook are not far behind in the race to the bottom of the bucket.

Paypal Sucks

It ain't all burritos and strippers my friends...
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have no problem with them closing my pp account. I've been violating their TOS on purpose for years. I knew they'd catch on to it eventually. The only thing that pisses me off is that they won't give me the money that's in the account for 6 months. How is that legal?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How can they take money out of your bank account? They can and will. It's happened to others. It should all be illegal, but they already have your money and they can get away with holding it because you agreed to it somewhere in the lengthy Terms of Service, whether you were aware of it or not. They're not a bank or a cc company so those regulations don't apply to them. Banks and CC companies have their issues too, but at least they're regulated.

Anyway, find out how to reclaim your funds, and I hope it works out for you. You could have had thousands in that account, it would be the same..sorry you are having issues, but there are lots and lots of good folks who have lost a lot more. Actually my friend had more like 15k in his account....Lot's of PayPal scammers out there too.

Anti 2A...dealing with the devil...it's not worth the risk.

It ain't all burritos and strippers my friends...
IC B3

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
"Anti 2A...dealing with the devil...it's not worth the risk."

This ^^^, especialy this ^^^

And I'm not keen on plastic or 'electronic' money.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

As a retired banker I have seen numerous problems through the years caused by PayPal "grabbing" funds. Once they have the money it is almost impossible to get them to return it.

With their highly questionable collection techniques combined with their strong anti gun position, I simply refuse to do business with them. They are not a necessity like the power company.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cashisking is a personal friend of mine. This same guy also scammed me on a trade about a year ago on a local hunting forum. You can trust Cash and deal with him with confidence. Leonard if there is anything I can do to help out let me know.

B&B Reloading Supplies

www.facebook.com/bbreloadingsupplies
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Thanks Spots...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Does anyone who is a party to this conversation have a representative in WDC?

You know what they say.... Write your congressman.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Roger that Lockhart Sir... Done.

Next plan... To get as many folks on board as possible through my own research (have 6 so far) and demonstrate a real pattern so that the ping on the radar is plenty loud as we keep writing follow-up letters...

Bottomline, there is a rat in our gun community treating it like Craigslist... and for me that does not sit well. Not judging anyone else... simply saying that all that is necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. Jamie Ray Myers (aka Jimmy Myers, James Bailey, Christine Myers) lives on that pattern. Jamie has not met me yet.

Mail fraud is a serious Felony Pursuant to USPS Federal Code 18 � 1341.

Obtaining money in excess of $200.00 under false pretense is Felony violation of Code � 18.2-178 in Virginia.

Claiming to be an FFL if another one.

... shall I keep going?

Last edited by CashisKing; 05/01/14.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have given details to CashisKing about my encounter with Mr Myers and I encourage anyone who has had this type of problem with him to do the same. Any info provided will help put this guy away and make all of the online forums and communities better.

B&B Reloading Supplies

www.facebook.com/bbreloadingsupplies
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Thanks Spots!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
For newbies such as myself, what is the best policy for protecting each side of a transaction on 24HCF?

Jared
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Jared... If you were in Virginia I would direct you toward Virginia Gun Trader... Awesome group of guys and about 99% honorable... no BS... legal/ethical etc. folks

Since you are in Kansas... You might try http://www.midwestguntrader.com/

I don't know anything about that site, but assume it is G2G.

A Face To Face deal with IDs is the best way every time IMHO... plus you get to meet some good guys, future hunting friends... have some good meets and eats etc. etc. etc.

F2F is naturally far harder on a Nationwide site.

IMHO... the larger the distance between people... the more keyboard jockeys and cyber loudmouths on the site... the higher the risk and the more it becomes like Craigslist.

I have done a few "send the check and wait" and all have turned out well (except the reason I started in here with PlaneWinch and Mike W chasing a RAT).

Gun communities are intrinsically FAR MORE HONORABLE I have found in my life.

The problem is that when RATS like Jamie Myers slips in the door, all of us loose a bit of that honor and firearms enthusiasm from OUR community foundation... as we have to put on our "Craigslist armor" more and more. This is what really sucks about a RAT.

Sorry... I digressed... Unless you are chasing a very unusual gun... you should be able to find just about anything you would ever need within 100-200 miles of your house... if you bide your time over a month or two.

Be well and good luck, Leonard

Last edited by CashisKing; 05/02/14.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 007FJ, 1234, 1_deuce, 52 invisible), 1,776 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,106
Posts18,522,542
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.