Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
rockin',

Was that dog in FF&G a while back?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Travis,

Not sure where all he has shown up. Buster has been in lots of TV shows and had lots of articles done on his hunting predators. I used him when running traplines too.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I have 3 GSP's. Rowdie rings us for breakfast each morning at exactly 4:30 AM. She also reminds us at 4:00 PM that it will be time for supper in one hour, just in case we forgot. These are her tasks for the day. Chaos has backyard duty. She sits at the back windows and sliding glass door to keep all the birds, rabbits and squirrels in check. If it is nice outside she will move her post to the patio. Molly has front yard duty. She sits in a yellow chair in our spare bedroom and watches for the schoolbus, UPS guy, mailman and the other assorted rogues gallery that comes and goes in the neighborhood. She does this from "can't see" in the morning until "can't see" at night every day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Yep,,, most dogs that need their nail's trimmed live on the couch.
My old GSP's nails are ridiculous in the summer, but they shorten right up come hunting season.

Speaking of nails.
My Cur's nails actually retract. Not the same degree as a Cat's, but she can definitely extend em when she wants to.
Pretty creepy.
I read that it's not uncommon for the breed, but still creepy.
She'll be at the spring gala next month. Remind me to show you.

Curs are weird... grin

Travis

No chit.

Retractable claws and doesn't swim. Might as well have a firkin Cat.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Travis,

Not sure where all he has shown up. Buster has been in lots of TV shows and had lots of articles done on his hunting predators. I used him when running traplines too.

Cool.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The only difficulties I have with my current dog are 1) she won't let me clip her toenails, so I need help with that, and 2) she loves to eat chicken crap. My chickens mostly stay in their fenced in pasture, but some of them like to fly out and into my dog's yard, where they leave her their "treats."

Otherwise, she's about perfect. Never chews anything I haven't given her for chewing.

PS I've found that dogs I've gotten as small puppies were easy with toenail clipping throughout their lives, while dogs I've adopted from shelters as adults were a problem when it came to toenail clipping. My current dog was an adult adoption.

If you walk your dog on pavement regularly the nails won't need trimming.

Dogs love chicken schit. Good for coyote sets.

Travis
I walk my dog daily on pavement. Pavement doesn't touch dewclaws, though.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=The_Real_Hawkeye]The only difficulties I have with my current dog are 1) she won't let me clip her toenails, so I need help with that, and 2) she loves to eat chicken crap. My chickens mostly stay in their fenced in pasture, but some of them like to fly out and into my dog's yard, where they leave her their "treats."

Otherwise, she's about perfect. Never chews anything I haven't given her for chewing.

PS I've found that dogs I've gotten as small puppies were easy with toenail clipping throughout their lives, while dogs I've adopted from shelters as adults were a problem when it came to toenail clipping. My current dog was an adult adoption.

I walk my dog daily on pavement. Pavement doesn't touch dewclaws, though.

What kind of dip chit doesn't remove dew claws.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
That's something done when they're first born, when they don't have much blood supply or nerve development in them. Once they're adults, it would be about like removing your pinkies, in terms of pain. I sure do wish, though, that someone had done it when she was born. Should be done to all dogs at birth.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The only difficulties I have with my current dog are 1) she won't let me clip her toenails, so I need help with that, and 2) she loves to eat chicken crap. My chickens mostly stay in their fenced in pasture, but some of them like to fly out and into my dog's yard, where they leave her their "treats."

If you walk your dog on pavement regularly the nails won't need trimming.

Dogs love chicken schit. Good for coyote sets.

Travis

If you ain't got concrete its tough..... pasture doesn't help with the nails...but I"m thankful not to have to live where there is concrete.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BeanMan
Spark my JRT is still a handful at 13. Here he is with a furry. My Wife posted this picture on her Facebook site and CDOW showed up with a fine for $276.00 "allowing an animal under my control to harass wildlife, to wit, a Marmot". Dumb move on our part. We got lucky he is not a super hyper JRT and he is not allowed to bark unless there is something really important. It could be because he gets a huge amount of exercise which for a JRT should be running long distances everyday.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Spark is a coyote magnet and not a match for them. I have to pay special attention to this.

[Linked Image]

He didn't much care for a week of rafting Deso-Gray.

[Linked Image]

I'd have sent CDOW a note back saying how can you harass when the marmot was legally shot?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a Rat Terrier/Fox Terrier mix, of all the dogs I've ever owned she is the most bonded to me.
I've had a number of good dogs over the years, but only one great dog.
Nothing has ever been so happy to see me every day after work.
She simply won't let me out of her sight.
I was really never what you'd call a dog lover until I got this pup.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Annie is a great trail dog, she's been with me on some great hunts.

[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Our min-Aussies like to eat katchit,,

Bandit:
[Linked Image]

Gunnr:
[Linked Image]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've got two Catahoulas, an Aussie and a JRT. The Aussie (Finley) like to turn on the water faucets and start trouble any way he can. The JRT (Opie) beats up the two curs (Boo and Doo) all day long, but they seldom notice. He weighs 15# and they weigh 110#.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
We have a 13 year old lab/beagle mix. She was supposed to hunt, but could never convince her of that. She loves to go hunting with me, but thinks we are just out for a walk. She used to make sure the deer, turkeys, squirrels, etc didn't get too close to the house, but has gotten a bit lazy the last couple of years. Still pulls a patrol or two around the yard every day, but other than that she lays around one porch or another most of the time. Going to miss her when she is gone. Al

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
My last dog was really good at 2 things, riding in the pickup and eating beef jerky(he could do both at the same time). Was always high energy(Lab/Dalmation mix) and healthy. Just up and died on my birthday 10 years ago. He was only slightly less smart than the average rock and I miss him. If I ever get my work schedule to where I'm home to take proper care of another dog, I'm going to get one...although maybe I'll go with a hound this time(always wanted a good blue tick).

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's something done when they're first born, when they don't have much blood supply or nerve development in them. Once they're adults, it would be about like removing your pinkies, in terms of pain. I sure do wish, though, that someone had done it when she was born. Should be done to all dogs at birth.

Thanks for explaining dew claws to me Doc.

Now that you mention it, I do see more Pit Bulls with Dew Claws intact than other breeds though.
Which I guess, answers my original question, "what kind of dip chit doesn't remove dew claws"?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sleep a lot

A lab raised by a Great Dane

Talk about mixed up

Very nice dog

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Our two Catahoulas are watch dogs and coon/possum killers. They will bark at anything - including turtles. My deceased older Catahoula used to kill Coral Snakes (died of cancer, not a snake bite). Smartest dogs I've ever known. One is deaf from birth, but he has heightened his other sense to the point that no one suspects it if I don't tell them.

My son had a beagle once that was good at climbing fences, so I put a hot wire around the inside. Every morning he'd put his nose against it to check it out. If it knocked him on his butt he was OK for the rest of the day, if for some reason it didn't, he was over the fence and gone.

That older Catahoula used to patrol the hot wire for me - one of the several "jobs" he assigned himself - and if there was a limb or stalk of grass on it, buzzing as it shorted, he bark at it until I came out and fixed it. The younger one I have now has followed me and watched me pulling grass of the hot wire, and will do the same thing himself. They don't seem to care that the wire is there to keep them from climbing the fence, or digging under it - just have a need to help.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Thanks for explaining dew claws to me Doc.

Now that you mention it, I do see more Pit Bulls with Dew Claws intact than other breeds though.
Which I guess, answers my original question, "what kind of dip chit doesn't remove dew claws"?
You're welcome. Have a blessed day.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

234 members (204guy, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 257_X_50, 27 invisible), 2,047 guests, and 1,061 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,191
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.