Home
Posted By: seal_billy what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
I have 2 beagles Mac the dumbest beagle in the world and his father William, honestly the most handsome beagle I have ever seen, everybody says it when they see him. My dogs are escape artists! I finally had to put an electric strand about 7 or 8 inches above the ground to keep them in. Every time they would get out they would come back cut up with weed seeds in their eyes and smelling like a corps! Why do dogs love to find dead stuff and just roll in it? So what does your dog/dogs do? escape, dig holes, chew your flip flops or house shoes?

Posted By: jnyork Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
Two little yip-yap strays from the shelter, bark their fool heads off anytime anyone gets even close to our house. The one goes complete ape-schitt when the UPS truck goes down the street, other vehicles he just sleeps through. Funny critters.
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
My big yellow lab just loves to roll in bear poop on our walks.

Great perimeter deterrent. http://www.invisiblefence.com/

Denny
Get in front of my rifle??
Posted By: 1minute Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
We have a 14 year old Norwich Terrier. After a slow walk in the AM, she has her meds, a bowl of food, and then she rabidly plays for 8 hours. First she plays paralyzed for about 5 hours. Then she plays dead for about 3 hours. All that playing wears her out, and she sleeps for the rest of the day.

She's mostly blind and completely deaf, so the watch dog thing is gone completely. Mostly we have to watch where we step, because she won't get out of the way. Still is will the loss of a dear friend when she gets called away.
Posted By: MissouriEd Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
Eat, poop, walk a mile a day with me and sleep.
Originally Posted by StripBuckHunter
Get in front of my rifle??

When he smells a bear in nearby the walk is over muey pronto time to head home or in another direction.

He loves dat poop tho'. Go figure.

Denny
Posted By: 12344mag Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
Lately it's all I can do to keep my two schitzu's from escaping and maulin' the [bleep] outta stripbuckhunter, those two just wanna chew his azz up and turn him into schitzu poo.
Mine are pretty easy to have around, they've 5 acres to patrol /play on, and seem to enjoy life in general. Gracy smiles a LOT,.....little Nip's settled in, fantastic little watchdog. The two of them stick close, they're never far when I'm out and about.

http://s180.photobucket.com/user/sharpsrifle/slideshow/

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: deerstalker Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
my girls eat breakfast, go for a run. sleep for 5hours go for a run, patrol the yard . sleep 4 hours eat supper, go for a run.
some times on the run they find a pile of stripbuckethunter to roll in so then they are washed and disinfected. half the time on their runs they are grazing grass. right now they are laying on the bed getting their bellies rubbed. I really feel sorry for people that are not blessed with a dog/dogs. must be an empty life.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Lately it's all I can do to keep my two schitzu's from escaping and maulin' the [bleep] outta stripbuckhunter, those two just wanna chew his azz up and turn him into schitzu poo.

I've been meaning to make a trip to MI..............
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
When I had one he was on welfare! Sat on his azz and did nothing....until duck season opened!!
Posted By: Tracks Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
Mine does night security, helps some with the day security, keeps cats out of the yard and is good company
I provide food, shelter, and medical care.
Seems a little one sided maybe, but I'm paying off a debt owed to her ancient ancestors also.
I remember the bargain.
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
I've got concrete a foot wide and eight inches deep under both gates and electric wire around the bottom and half way up the privacy fence. So now he'll climb up on the stack of firewood and walk the top 2x4 rail of the fence, but can never keep his balance all the way to the corner of freedom.
Posted By: 700LH Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
Two in the yard that watch the place, one inside a lot.
Worst thing they do is be a little hard on flowers, and the4 pounder that stays in the house at night or in cold weather so it doesn't freeze to death, or become a owl turd.
Dogs that destroy stuff or are problem children seem to need new homes soon.
Life's to short with to many dogs available to put up with a bad one very long.
Originally Posted by StripBuckHunter
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I've been meaning to make a trip to MI..............

Chris Darnell
4801 S. Dory Trail
Flagstaff, Arizona 86005
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
I've got nine. One will wake me in the middle of the night to go outside which is okay because I usually need to get up too. Another one is making the round of dog shows in southern CA until June when he will participate in the Idaho and Montana shows.
The Airedale sleeps beside the bed on the shirt I wore that day.
Two German bird dogs on dog beds by the front door.
Everyone else stays in the kennel to intermingle with the guests all day.
Posted By: pira114 Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
10 year old beagle. Three favorite pastimes are, in no particular order, barking, sleeping, and ingesting pine cones/needles causing constipation and leading me to believe he's dying while working it out.

Posted By: Barkoff Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
Originally Posted by seal_billy
I have 2 beagles Mac the dumbest beagle in the world and his father William, honestly the most handsome beagle I have ever seen, everybody says it when they see him. My dogs are escape artists! I finally had to put an electric strand about 7 or 8 inches above the ground to keep them in. Every time they would get out they would come back cut up with weed seeds in their eyes and smelling like a corps! Why do dogs love to find dead stuff and just roll in it? So what does your dog/dogs do? escape, dig holes, chew your flip flops or house shoes?

The dual for freedom between my father and Tiger were what legends are made of. Tiger was an unstoppable force, be it tunneling or climbing trees for a leap for freedom, the dual ended in mutual respect.
Posted By: Elf Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
When they aren't pulling a sled they play tag

[Linked Image]

Laugh at a good joke

[Linked Image]

Find a good bush to pee on

[Linked Image]

Look Handsome

[Linked Image]

Eat..bark..sniff each others butts..eat their dog houses and get lots of loving!
Posted By: seal_billy Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
Originally Posted by pira114
10 year old beagle. Three favorite pastimes are, in no particular order, barking, sleeping, and ingesting pine cones/needles causing constipation and leading me to believe he's dying while working it out.

LMAO. I bet if you ate a pine cone he would think you were dying whilst trying to work it out! I guess sometimes fiber can be a bit much on the ol lower GI track.
Posted By: milespatton Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
Outside dog, Kate, helps me bush hog and tries to go every where the truck goes. I usually let her unless it is real hot or I will be gone a long time. She keeps the critters out of my garden and likes to be petted. She also trails all of my deer after I shoot them, whether they run a couple of hundred yards or a couple of feet.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

She is one of the solid brown ones but am not sure which.

Seems that I have no pictures of the little inside dogs in my Photo-bucket. miles
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
Hunt,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

fish,

[Linked Image]

sleep, (allot)
[Linked Image]

and play.

[Linked Image]
My older male dog Willy loves to fish but when I go under a bridge he hunkers down. It scares him every time, trickles the $hit out of me every time.
The only difficulties I have with my current dog are 1) she won't let me clip her toenails, so I need help with that, and 2) she loves to eat chicken crap. My chickens mostly stay in their fenced in pasture, but some of them like to fly out and into my dog's yard, where they leave her their "treats."

Otherwise, she's about perfect. Never chews anything I haven't given her for chewing.

PS I've found that dogs I've gotten as small puppies were easy with toenail clipping throughout their lives, while dogs I've adopted from shelters as adults were a problem when it came to toenail clipping. My current dog was an adult adoption.
Yea,,,, my dogs don't really care whether it's hunting, fishing, camping, or just going to town for beer and beans as long as they get to go.
Funny thing though, my Cur dog is the only dog I've ever had that won't swim. She'll wade out until her belly touches but that's it. And no amount of coaxing by me, the other dogs, or small children will convince her to go any deeper. She loves boats but no swimming. crazy
Posted By: bruinruin Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
Most of the time she's outside, looking for chit to tree or kill, like this mouse. My dog, Remmie, is the black, muppet looking creature. The wheaten scottie belongs to my In-laws and was visiting for a few days recently. They sniffed out and killed this mouse. Actually, Remmie killed it. Surprisingly, she's a better mouser and gopher killer than the scottie.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

When she's not killing vermin or sleeping, she's usually doing something Frisbee related. She's such a slave to her Labrador blood that she'll retrieve that darned flying ring until she's exhausted.

Here she is multi-tasking. Looking cute while waiting to play fetch.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BeanMan Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
Spark my JRT is still a handful at 13. Here he is with a furry. My Wife posted this picture on her Facebook site and CDOW showed up with a fine for $276.00 "allowing an animal under my control to harass wildlife, to wit, a Marmot". Dumb move on our part. We got lucky he is not a super hyper JRT and he is not allowed to bark unless there is something really important. It could be because he gets a huge amount of exercise which for a JRT should be running long distances everyday.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Spark is a coyote magnet and not a match for them. I have to pay special attention to this.

[Linked Image]

He didn't much care for a week of rafting Deso-Gray.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: EdM Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
Stays within about a meter of Momma.

[Linked Image]

Pixie the Wonderbeagle leads a very hectic life. Her day starts with her morning constitutional and breakfast, which she will not eat until Pipsqueek the cat A.K.A. the Inspector General and Pixie's very bestus friend inspects and approves of her bowl of food. Her daily duties include being the Goodwill Ambassador for my wife's preschool kids. Circle time, where the kids sit and go over the day's events, talk about the weather, lunch, and what they did the previous day is where Pixie holds court. She gets right in the middle of it, where she likes to be. This frantic hour and 45 minutes of work really wears her out, so then she usually sleeps for another 5 or 6 hours on the couch. Late afternoon consists of barking at anyone walking down the street, especially the hated motorcycles. She even barks at parked motorcycles. At about 6 p.m. she's ready for her evening walk, and will go get her leash and bring it to us, growling at us if we have the nerve to ignore her. More sleeping, which wears her out, so she needs to go to bed at about 9:00. If she's ready for bed and we're not, she will bark and growl at us to get in the bedroom pronto, as she has her very own spot on the foot of the bed. It's a dog's life!
Originally Posted by gophergunner
She even barks at parked motorcycles.

That one made me laugh. ^

Sounds like something one of the members of my pot licker brain trust would do.
Posted By: stripe55 Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
2 year old Chessie,just rolled in some dead fish. Nasty to say the least. Underfoot in the house constantly, seems to know where you are going before you do. She is a swimming/retrieving machine and never tires of either. Other than the smell right now, she is awesome.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
This one loves to deer hunt and swim and photo bomb

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This one is the mole/squirrel/mouse/rat killer

[Linked Image]

Posted By: deflave Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The only difficulties I have with my current dog are 1) she won't let me clip her toenails, so I need help with that, and 2) she loves to eat chicken crap. My chickens mostly stay in their fenced in pasture, but some of them like to fly out and into my dog's yard, where they leave her their "treats."

Otherwise, she's about perfect. Never chews anything I haven't given her for chewing.

PS I've found that dogs I've gotten as small puppies were easy with toenail clipping throughout their lives, while dogs I've adopted from shelters as adults were a problem when it came to toenail clipping. My current dog was an adult adoption.

If you walk your dog on pavement regularly the nails won't need trimming.

Dogs love chicken schit. Good for coyote sets.

Travis
Posted By: RWE Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
Originally Posted by deflave
The only difficulties I have with my current dog are 1) she won't let me clip her toenails, so I need help with that,

^^agree^^

spot on

+1
Yep,,, most dogs that need their nail's trimmed live on the couch.
My old GSP's nails are ridiculous in the summer, but they shorten right up come hunting season.

Speaking of nails.
My Cur's nails actually retract. Not the same degree as a Cat's, but she can definitely extend em when she wants to.
Pretty creepy.
I read that it's not uncommon for the breed, but still creepy.
She'll be at the spring gala next month. Remind me to show you.
Hunts:
[Linked Image]

Bear alarm:
[Linked Image]

Travis
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
My old GSP's nails are ridiculous in the summer, but they shorten right up come hunting season.

Speaking of nails.
My Cur's nails actually retract. Not the same degree as a Cat's, but she can definitely extend em when she wants to.
Pretty creepy.

Curs are weird... grin

Travis
Posted By: RWE Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
Housekeeping:

[Linked Image]

holiday parties:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

eye candy:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
Buster hunts. Coyotes among other things. He has been a great companion for years, as well as an excellent hunting buddy! smile

rockin',

Was that dog in FF&G a while back?

Travis
Travis,

Not sure where all he has shown up. Buster has been in lots of TV shows and had lots of articles done on his hunting predators. I used him when running traplines too.
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
I have 3 GSP's. Rowdie rings us for breakfast each morning at exactly 4:30 AM. She also reminds us at 4:00 PM that it will be time for supper in one hour, just in case we forgot. These are her tasks for the day. Chaos has backyard duty. She sits at the back windows and sliding glass door to keep all the birds, rabbits and squirrels in check. If it is nice outside she will move her post to the patio. Molly has front yard duty. She sits in a yellow chair in our spare bedroom and watches for the schoolbus, UPS guy, mailman and the other assorted rogues gallery that comes and goes in the neighborhood. She does this from "can't see" in the morning until "can't see" at night every day.

Speaking of nails.
Pretty creepy.

Curs are weird... grin

Travis

No chit.

Retractable claws and doesn't swim. Might as well have a firkin Cat.

Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Travis,

Not sure where all he has shown up. Buster has been in lots of TV shows and had lots of articles done on his hunting predators. I used him when running traplines too.

Cool.

Travis

Travis
I walk my dog daily on pavement. Pavement doesn't touch dewclaws, though.
[quote=The_Real_Hawkeye]The only difficulties I have with my current dog are 1) she won't let me clip her toenails, so I need help with that, and 2) she loves to eat chicken crap. My chickens mostly stay in their fenced in pasture, but some of them like to fly out and into my dog's yard, where they leave her their "treats."

I walk my dog daily on pavement. Pavement doesn't touch dewclaws, though.

What kind of dip chit doesn't remove dew claws.
That's something done when they're first born, when they don't have much blood supply or nerve development in them. Once they're adults, it would be about like removing your pinkies, in terms of pain. I sure do wish, though, that someone had done it when she was born. Should be done to all dogs at birth.
Posted By: rost495 Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14

Travis

If you ain't got concrete its tough..... pasture doesn't help with the nails...but I"m thankful not to have to live where there is concrete.
Posted By: rost495 Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
Originally Posted by BeanMan
Spark my JRT is still a handful at 13. Here he is with a furry. My Wife posted this picture on her Facebook site and CDOW showed up with a fine for $276.00 "allowing an animal under my control to harass wildlife, to wit, a Marmot". Dumb move on our part. We got lucky he is not a super hyper JRT and he is not allowed to bark unless there is something really important. It could be because he gets a huge amount of exercise which for a JRT should be running long distances everyday.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Spark is a coyote magnet and not a match for them. I have to pay special attention to this.

[Linked Image]

He didn't much care for a week of rafting Deso-Gray.

[Linked Image]

I'd have sent CDOW a note back saying how can you harass when the marmot was legally shot?
Posted By: Salmonella Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
I have a Rat Terrier/Fox Terrier mix, of all the dogs I've ever owned she is the most bonded to me.
I've had a number of good dogs over the years, but only one great dog.
Nothing has ever been so happy to see me every day after work.
She simply won't let me out of her sight.
I was really never what you'd call a dog lover until I got this pup.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Annie is a great trail dog, she's been with me on some great hunts.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jorgeI Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
Our min-Aussies like to eat katchit,,

Bandit:
[Linked Image]

Gunnr:
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ltppowell Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
I've got two Catahoulas, an Aussie and a JRT. The Aussie (Finley) like to turn on the water faucets and start trouble any way he can. The JRT (Opie) beats up the two curs (Boo and Doo) all day long, but they seldom notice. He weighs 15# and they weigh 110#.
Posted By: acy Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
We have a 13 year old lab/beagle mix. She was supposed to hunt, but could never convince her of that. She loves to go hunting with me, but thinks we are just out for a walk. She used to make sure the deer, turkeys, squirrels, etc didn't get too close to the house, but has gotten a bit lazy the last couple of years. Still pulls a patrol or two around the yard every day, but other than that she lays around one porch or another most of the time. Going to miss her when she is gone. Al
Posted By: CowboyTim Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
My last dog was really good at 2 things, riding in the pickup and eating beef jerky(he could do both at the same time). Was always high energy(Lab/Dalmation mix) and healthy. Just up and died on my birthday 10 years ago. He was only slightly less smart than the average rock and I miss him. If I ever get my work schedule to where I'm home to take proper care of another dog, I'm going to get one...although maybe I'll go with a hound this time(always wanted a good blue tick).
[Linked Image]
That's something done when they're first born, when they don't have much blood supply or nerve development in them. Once they're adults, it would be about like removing your pinkies, in terms of pain. I sure do wish, though, that someone had done it when she was born. Should be done to all dogs at birth.

Thanks for explaining dew claws to me Doc.

Now that you mention it, I do see more Pit Bulls with Dew Claws intact than other breeds though.
Which I guess, answers my original question, "what kind of dip chit doesn't remove dew claws"?
Posted By: temmi Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
Sleep a lot

A lab raised by a Great Dane

Talk about mixed up

Very nice dog

Snake
Posted By: Mikewriter Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
Our two Catahoulas are watch dogs and coon/possum killers. They will bark at anything - including turtles. My deceased older Catahoula used to kill Coral Snakes (died of cancer, not a snake bite). Smartest dogs I've ever known. One is deaf from birth, but he has heightened his other sense to the point that no one suspects it if I don't tell them.

My son had a beagle once that was good at climbing fences, so I put a hot wire around the inside. Every morning he'd put his nose against it to check it out. If it knocked him on his butt he was OK for the rest of the day, if for some reason it didn't, he was over the fence and gone.

That older Catahoula used to patrol the hot wire for me - one of the several "jobs" he assigned himself - and if there was a limb or stalk of grass on it, buzzing as it shorted, he bark at it until I came out and fixed it. The younger one I have now has followed me and watched me pulling grass of the hot wire, and will do the same thing himself. They don't seem to care that the wire is there to keep them from climbing the fence, or digging under it - just have a need to help.

Thanks for explaining dew claws to me Doc.

Now that you mention it, I do see more Pit Bulls with Dew Claws intact than other breeds though.
Which I guess, answers my original question, "what kind of dip chit doesn't remove dew claws"?
You're welcome. Have a blessed day.
Once saw Gracy make a wild leap and grab a Road Runner that had just gone airborne.
When younger, she would stalk them relentlessly, but now seems to have lost her taste for em'. When she caught one, all she'd leave was the feet.
[Linked Image]

When my resident Tortoise emerges and makes Summer forays, some funny animal theater invariably ensues

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

...she's never made any attempt to harm this Tortoise, and never fails to stop, sniff,and wag her tail when passing by it's burrow.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: slumlord Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
BBQ'n apprentice. Ya have to start em out early, gotta learn all your best hardwoods. Shagbark hickory or pignut hickory, which one makes the best coals and flavoring.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

He's still only 8months old. The bitch is 3 yrs.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tarkio Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
Boxer likes to go with me feeding and doing chores.

Old Boston that was a rescue has to stay outside or in kennel constantly because he will mark everything. Wasn't cut until we got him at over 7 years old.

Other Boston is good playmate for the first 2 dogs.

My old dog I lost 5 or 6 years ago was perhaps my "one dog" in my lifetime. Was extremely faithful to me. Awesome with all children, even the ones that are a PITA. Lived in a tiny town in eastern MT and was attending the high school homecoming football game. A dog is running around on the field as the half ends and while they are crowning the homecoming court. A buddy says, "hey, isn't that your dog out there?" I say, "can't be, he's at home tied up" I look out at the field and sure enough, there's my good dog having the time of his life playing around. Was the talk of the town for quite a while.
Posted By: kamo_gari Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I've got two Catahoulas, an Aussie and a JRT. The Aussie (Finley) like to turn on the water faucets and start trouble any way he can. The JRT (Opie) beats up the two curs (Boo and Doo) all day long, but they seldom notice. He weighs 15# and they weigh 110#.

Ha! Great names. I'd have named 'Boo', 'Voo' instead, though...

wink
Posted By: jpb Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
Hi Leighton,

I presume that you would have posted pictures had you got a dog for the new Rancho Kamo_gari...

Are you still considering, or did the better half's allergies rule out a dog?

Best wishes form northern Sweden,

John
Posted By: ingwe Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
Was wondering the same thing KG�

I know you have a truly special relationship with your wife �but I don't think I could live without a dog�...

Dogs love chicken schit.

Travis

Ain't no blacktop back here in the hills.

Currently a nesting pair of geese on the pond so Max has discovered Canadian Hors d'oeuvres. Simply decadent.

Denny.
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

Dogs love chicken schit.

Travis

Currently a nesting pair of geese on the pond so Max has discovered Canadian Hors d'oeuvres. Simply decadent.

Denny.

Funny how western dogs find poultry simply irresistible. Southeastern dogs have a weakness for goose and horse $hit, my old bitch dog loved it, she would almost stop running a rabbit for a big pile of horse $hit. Ate it up like toss salad! She made it her main course! She would eat it while I was beating her ass and wouldn't stop! funny as he11 now but would pizz me off when I was hunting. She died last year, probably from a equine disease of some type. My buddy Taver has 3 dogs and all three love horse $hit too. He has a small mixed breed that loves goose $hit but my dogs won't touch it.

Posted By: slumlord Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
dogs don't shop

dogs are always ready to go

dogs don't care about other dogs you've been with

the later you come home...the happier your dog is to see you

dogs like it when you leave stuff on the floor

Posted By: cra1948 Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
My Chessie does his lessons and workouts and is well on the way to becoming a top notch gun dog. I'm very pleased with his progress. The Papillon sleeps on the end of our bed and is a dynamite watch dog. He tells us when it's bedtime, when it's time to get up. He's the boss of the house cats (who both outweigh him).
Posted By: Grunt_0351 Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14

Yes, also crap/piss on floors. Three dogs
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Good job with the kids and dogs. Kids ought to have dogs. And vice versa.

You must have a girl too, judging by the flower in first pup... smile
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

Find a place similar to the one in this picture.

Cleans 'em right up.

[Linked Image]

Travis
Posted By: eyeball Re: what does your dog do? - 05/05/14
That's a great looking bird dog. Does it hunt?
Originally Posted by eyeball
That's a great looking bird dog. Does it hunt?

If he didn't he'd dead.

Travis
Posted By: Plinker Re: what does your dog do? - 05/06/14
Wife's dog, Roxy, brings home the mail.

[Linked Image]

When my dog Lenny isn't being a goof, he brings in the morning paper and retrieves tennis balls. I'm also teaching him to jump through a hula hoop on command and to catch a Frisbee.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: seal_billy Re: what does your dog do? - 05/06/14
Mac, the dumb one whined to go out side just now. I heard a loud yip and about 3 seconds later he was back at the door wanting in. My electric fence was worth the time money and effort. About the 7th time I have heard him, dam that dog is stupid. Willy tried it twice and said screw this $hit I'm gonna lay down and lick my balls. I love that dog he's a stud.
Posted By: kkahmann Re: what does your dog do? - 05/06/14
I got an ole walker hound here that mostly keeps people from stealing the couch. When you put her outside make sure you chain her up. If you don't she will go look for a moose to chase. If she finds a moose to chase--you have a choice to make--chase her until you catch her or kill the moose. She would prefer you kill the moose.
Posted By: rinkydink Re: what does your dog do? - 05/06/14
Have a pack of hunting beagles. Ally will retrieve the rabbits and drop them at my feet........even if someone else shoots em.
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: what does your dog do? - 05/06/14
Hunts:
[Linked Image]

Bear alarm:
[Linked Image]

Looks like that came from last year's fishing trip. Good lookin boy. Dog ain't bad.

Travis
Posted By: luv2safari Re: what does your dog do? - 05/06/14

Yes...all 7 of them... smirk
Posted By: eyeball Re: what does your dog do? - 05/06/14
If a dog can't point, retrieve, tree, trail up wounded deer hit with an arrow, tree squirrels, trail up bobcats shot at night with a 22 mag. and gut shot coyotes, scare the chitt out of Mexicans and blacks approaching the truck or house like my Jules GSP I have no use for it.
Then you sure wouldn't want mine! Really not mine but belongs to my daughter and her family and I live with them so guess he's my dog part of the time.

He does a pretty good job of eating but resting and sleeping is where he really shines.

Oskar, the weenie dog.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: stxhunter Re: what does your dog do? - 05/06/14
eat and chit and provide me entertainment.
Posted By: deflave Re: what does your dog do? - 05/06/14
Correct Bigbuck. Going back this July as well.

Travis
And the other shot surely is the infamous "Heart Attack Hill."

You'll be going in what month?
Posted By: Duckdog Re: what does your dog do? - 05/06/14
Really enjoying all these pics!!
Salmonella...that's a beautiful terrier!!
Charlie- I thought of you the first time I saw it,...J�ger can do the same thing with his nails!!!...but he swims like a fish. wink

For the o.p.- I think beagles are one of the toughest dogs there are to try to keep contained. They are expert escape artists! I've owned 2 and we had one when I was a kid. My dad went round and round with "Daisy".
Just like an inmate planning an escape, she'd travel the perimeter of the fence looking for weak spots.
When she found one, she would stop....then slowly look over her shoulder...both ways,...makeing sure the old man wasn't watching...
Then she'd start the tunnel!!!
What she didn't know, was the old man was playing "prison guard"!!
He would be stationed at a window with my pump gun ready to pepper her azz!!

The look she would throw back at him when she DID make it out was PRICELESS!!! If dogs had middle fingers... wink

She won though! She wore him down until she finally just came and went as she pleased.

Hunt!!
J�ger runs long range reconnaissance, while Penny takes care of close quarters combat. wink

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/...C8-3590-00000433ADEC0F41_zps2a871806.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/...-006E8F3DE3A2-27707-00003218C71C6181.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/...-626BD2A0C1F7-18114-000018B417248DA8.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii40/Duckdog_01/jeep001.jpg[/img]

Posted By: deflave Re: what does your dog do? - 05/06/14
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
And the other shot surely is the infamous "Heart Attack Hill."

You'll be going in what month?

July.

Travis
Posted By: ConradCA Re: what does your dog do? - 05/06/14
Not mine, but these are good at coyotes:

Posted By: Salmonella Re: what does your dog do? - 05/08/14
My Terrier is a squirrel hunting maniac....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Duckdog Re: what does your dog do? - 05/08/14
My Jack is OBSESSED with the pigeons I keep for dog training.
Give her an "A" for effort... wink

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dutch Re: what does your dog do? - 05/08/14
Being a versatile bird dog, by catching musk rats.

good dog!

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Duckdog Re: what does your dog do? - 05/08/14
Gotta love the versatiles!!
Dutch, your link to your kennel page isn't working. I did find it though.
Neat breed. I can honestly say I'd never heard of it.
That's what most people say to me! wink
Posted By: Bama_Rick Re: what does your dog do? - 05/08/14
My yellow lab ate plumbers putty when she was a puppy. When I called the Vet, his assistant told me all they would do is force feed her peroxide and it would be cheaper if I did it myself. They gave me a very large syringe and a promise that anything she had eaten would come out. Major understatement. When it was all over (maybe 10 seconds, max.) all I could say was wow.
Posted By: Bama_Rick Re: what does your dog do? - 05/08/14
I know it sounds odd, but does anyone know how to teach a full grown black lab to swim? I adopted him when he was almost 2 years old and he had obviously been mistreated. We tried giving him a bath when we first got him. When he saw the water hose, he bolted for his kennel and wouldn't come out for hours. We later took him to the creek with the aforementioned plumber. He acted like he wanted to play but wouldn't get in the water. I finally pushed him off the dock and he sank like a rock. I had to jump in and pull him out.
Posted By: Dutch Re: what does your dog do? - 05/08/14
Duckdog, thanks for pointing that out, I fixed it.

Drents are quite rare outside of The Netherlands, but I obviously have a connection. They do very well, and I especially like how they hunt with their heads, instead of just on instinct.

Well, I'm off to clean up after the litter!
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: what does your dog do? - 05/08/14
the current love of my life: [Linked Image]
I have probably adopted ten or twelve senior goldens through the years, very costly due to medical bills, very rewarding as to having them with me. The two older ones are gone now, cancer, peroditis among other things. Yogi had buckshot in him when i got him from some idiot. The younger one is still around: [Linked Image]
fresh arrival from oklahoma with about 17 other rescues. He was horribly abused, multiple scars on legs, terrified of humans. At 6 now he is much better, but still wary of strangers. I would hate to be the one that made a move on my wife with her shadow beside her: [Linked Image]
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: what does your dog do? - 05/08/14
When Mr. Wienie isn't out slaying moles in the yard, his favorite things are sleeping, riding in the truck, or even better, combining the 2. Spoiled little feller.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The black border collie is gone now too, one of the most affectinate loyal little dogs i ever had. I found emily in the middle of a forest while deer hunting, just skin and bones. I think she had been kicked out of a car. Took her back to camp and fed her, next day i opened the door to my truck, she jumped in and the rest was history. Border collies are really highlly intelligent. [Linked Image]
Posted By: iambrb Re: what does your dog do? - 05/08/14
meows, stretches, loves....oh wait..............

AS IT SHOULD BE......

Eener the wiener is an adventure dog. Fishing, hunting, canoe trip camping adventures, you name it, he's there (in the safety of the land rover, like Marlin Perkins)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Lucy travels at a low rate of speed and with no conviction.

She loves fresh air and sunshine.

[Linked Image]

Ricky bobby is a mindless yellow string haired jackal that loves to chase snowmobiles, dirt bikes, little boys and last but not least, skunks. He loves skunks.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Gus is a trusty old Lab, protector of humans, killer of any animal that dares enter the property.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/gusgrass.jpg[/img]
Posted By: sandcritter Re: what does your dog do? - 05/08/14
Sandy can't pass a horse water trough without jumping in for a spell; summer, winter, no difference. Darnedest thing. Border collie/australian shephard mix.
Posted By: 16penny Re: what does your dog do? - 05/08/14
[Linked Image]
Polly likes to chase coyotes and catch them
Posted By: eyeball Re: what does your dog do? - 05/08/14
16, is that dog as fast as a jack rabbit, and can it turn fast enough to grab one. Thanks
Posted By: jpb Re: what does your dog do? - 05/08/14
Originally Posted by 16penny
[Linked Image]
Polly likes to chase coyotes and catch them

At the risk of revealing my ignorance of dog breeds around the world, is that a Saluki?

A fast-looking dog anyway -- with the huge lung capacity that a deep chest like that indicates, that dog looks like it could run at top speed for hours!

John
I thought it was a skinny pony.

Posted By: 16penny Re: what does your dog do? - 05/08/14
She is half scottish deerhound and half Irish wolfhound Im shure there is some saluki in her as well almost as fast as a grayhound but with a lot more stamina the long tail helps high speed turning but at #115 she cant corner as fasts as a rabbit but with ruff half pit half Italian greyhound not too far behind her the rabbits get cut off by the smaller quicker #40
dog
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 5thShock Re: what does your dog do? - 05/08/14
Just made Number One Son's dog stop eating the paper towels I cleaned up an ATF spill with.
Posted By: rost495 Re: what does your dog do? - 05/08/14
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Eener the wiener is an adventure dog. Fishing, hunting, canoe trip camping adventures, you name it, he's there (in the safety of the land rover, like Marlin Perkins)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Lucy travels at a low rate of speed and with no conviction.

She loves fresh air and sunshine.

[Linked Image]

Ricky bobby is a mindless yellow string haired jackal that loves to chase snowmobiles, dirt bikes, little boys and last but not least, skunks. He loves skunks.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Gus is a trusty old Lab, protector of humans, killer of any animal that dares enter the property.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/gusgrass.jpg[/img]

Now I know why Gus's posts here seem a bit different at times!
Posted By: luv2safari Re: what does your dog do? - 05/10/14
Molly keeps my place on the sofa warm.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: milespatton Re: what does your dog do? - 05/11/14
New picture of Kate that I thought was good.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bucktales Re: what does your dog do? - 05/11/14
When we lost Mom last Fall, I inherited Heidi.
Besides trying her best to look cute, she figured out how to stalk and kill chipmunks. She chases bunnies around the yard at night, some about as big as her.

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire