Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Went to the local Walmart yesterday to stock up on some things. I was in the checkout line and I noticed the guy in front of me was wearing a western style gun belt with cartridge loops. When the guy turned around he had a Ruger Blackhawk in the holster in plain view. He saw that I noticed his gun and looked at me for a reaction. The only reaction I gave him was I don't give a chit. Nobody called the cops or made a scene which was kind of surprising.

IMO it probably was some young punk who just got his Minnesota Carry Permit. Just the same, I'm going to carry concealed and not advertise.

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
In some states open carry has nothing to do with conceal carry.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I'm out hiking and have a non consealed pistol on my belt I damn sure ain't going to hide it in the truck to go into any store. It's pretty common in some areas to see a man out with his family wearing a 6 shooter.

Want To Buy;
Form die for a 7mm Mashburn Super.
.284 Hornady AMax 162gr.
.224 Hornady AMax 75gr.
22-250 bushing die
Bushing die that will work with the 7mm Mashburn Super
A couple Glock 42 380ACP mags
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
You do not have to carry concealed in Minnesota. This is the first time I have seen anyone carrying openly. The 'shall issue' carry permit barely passed here with a Republican governor and Republican controlled House and Senate. Now we have a Democrat governor and Democrat controlled House and Senate.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Concealed carry would be openly scorned by the anti-gun crowd if they KNEW you were carrying, and who you were... They would follow you, take cell pictures, post your car license plate on their anti-gun websites and run an ad in the paper...

If there is an open carry law, then the public ought to be as matter of fact about someone carrying openly as seeing someone in a pair of jeans. Sadly, with the "evil gun" indoctrination, that is not the case. Even in Texas, if you openly carry a rifle, it creates public panic among some people, and can cause harassment by law enforcement.

If you have open carry, I would hope you exercise that right.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see open carry in Oklahoma City all the time. Nobody makes anything of it. Just as natural as wearing jeans. I prefer concealed simply for the tactical advantage of surprise.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Les7603006
If I'm out hiking and have a non consealed pistol on my belt I damn sure ain't going to hide it in the truck to go into any store. It's pretty common in some areas to see a man out with his family wearing a 6 shooter.

Not in the Twin Cities metro area. I do that at my place 30 miles north of Two Harbors. S&W 629 in a Galco holster.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
was at the big grocery store a while back and some lil cutie in a short skirt had a semi auto on a really low thigh holster.

my 15 year old spied her first (go figure heh, lol) and nudged me to check her out.

it just gave me the warm fuzzies to see a cute lil pistol packin mama at the grocers.

we're both open and concealed carry here, but you don't see that many folks doing the open carry gig.

in some ways I wish more of them did, just so liberal folks could get over the shock that not everyone that has a gun is a homicidal maniac

soccer moms with guns, it's a nice thought anyway

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I see people open carry in wally world all the time

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

I think there's a movie in that... ;-)

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Concealed carry would be openly scorned by the anti-gun crowd if they KNEW you were carrying, and who you were... They would follow you, take cell pictures, post your car license plate on their anti-gun websites and run an ad in the paper...

If there is an open carry law, then the public ought to be as matter of fact about someone carrying openly as seeing someone in a pair of jeans. Sadly, with the "evil gun" indoctrination, that is not the case. Even in Texas, if you openly carry a rifle, it creates public panic among some people, and can cause harassment by law enforcement.

If you have open carry, I would hope you exercise that right.
Big Plus One!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I see open carry in Oklahoma City all the time. Nobody makes anything of it. Just as natural as wearing jeans. I prefer concealed simply for the tactical advantage of surprise.

My brother started law school there in OKC. I was visiting him overnight and had a Jeep Wrangler soft top. I took everything of value inside because I know how OKC is.... wink

In the morning I carried my stuff out and loaded up to leave, and took my 1911 out from behind my belt and placed it in the console. Then went about loading my stuff. It wasn't 3 minutes until a car drove up and parked behind me and a guy in uniform got out and asked me what I was doing.... I told him I was loading up from staying in brother's apartment last night and fixing to head out... He then asked if I had a handgun of any sort? I said I sure do. smile

He asked if it was loaded. "Yes." He then asked if he could see it?... "Why?" He said someone had called in that a guy in the parking lot of the apartments with a Jeep had a gun...

"Okay. I DO have a gun. Is that illegal here?" He told me that I could have it in the car if I was going back home, but that it couldn't be loaded... "Well, a gun doesn't do you much good unless it's loaded, does it?" He then told me that the ammo had to be out of reach of the driver of the vehicle. I said, "Okay..." I took the Colt out, and ejected the magazine and racked the round out of the chamber, and tossed the magazine and round in the back floorboard. I asked if that was going to suit his needs now. He said that it would, and got in his car and left.

The cop was shaking the whole time, and his hand was casually resting on the pistol HE was carrying. I could see fear and nervousness all over him.

Reckon I'm lucky I didn't get shot. frown

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
was at the big grocery store a while back and some lil cutie in a short skirt had a semi auto on a really low thigh holster.

my 15 year old spied her first (go figure heh, lol) and nudged me to check her out.

it just gave me the warm fuzzies to see a cute lil pistol packin mama at the grocers.

we're both open and concealed carry here, but you don't see that many folks doing the open carry gig.

in some ways I wish more of them did, just so liberal folks could get over the shock that not everyone that has a gun is a homicidal maniac

My cutie (Asphaltangel) packs a pistol concealed. To look at her little figure or see her big baby blue eyes most would never guess. Talk about a tactical advantage and surprise, she has it. XXL and Tatoo'ed up me, not so much.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Back on topic, I have seen open carry in Idaho some. And while it is legal here I have only seen it once. A recently home Iraqi war vet and young, home for a Christmas break. He was packing a 3 inch bbl'ed 357 Revolver into a local bookstore. I for one was pleased to see it, and I do not recall a disturbance.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You were demanded to leave if you opened carried at our Walmart. Their place, their rules. Personally I think you are a fool to open carry anywhere but your home and property. Every where else it's concealed carry. No body needs to know until they need to know. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Beargrease
Went to the local Walmart yesterday to stock up on some things. I was in the checkout line and I noticed the guy in front of me was wearing a western style gun belt with cartridge loops. When the guy turned around he had a Ruger Blackhawk in the holster in plain view. He saw that I noticed his gun and looked at me for a reaction. The only reaction I gave him was I don't give a chit. Nobody called the cops or made a scene which was kind of surprising.

IMO it probably was some young punk who just got his Minnesota Carry Permit. Just the same, I'm going to carry concealed and not advertise.

I have seen lots of things in the last week about which I "don't give a chit" and have demonstrated it by not bringing the topic up with anyone else to include refraining calling the person I observed doing what ever it was a "young punk" or any other name implying a negative character trait.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
AK has open and concealed carry. On summer hikes, you'll see many people with a sixgun, the occasional auto loader or shotgun. Occasionally you'll see them packing in the stores, but it's not that common.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kwg020
You were demanded to leave if you opened carried at our Walmart. Their place, their rules. Personally I think you are a fool to open carry anywhere but your home and property. Every where else it's concealed carry. No body needs to know until they need to know. kwg

Sounds like the good ole' days when coloreds had to go out back to fetch their meal if they were even allowed on the premises.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
In AZ carrying either way isn't an issue.

Last edited by Jcubed; 05/06/14.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

My brother started law school there in OKC. I was visiting him overnight and had a Jeep Wrangler soft top. I took everything of value inside because I know how OKC is.... wink

In the morning I carried my stuff out and loaded up to leave, and took my 1911 out from behind my belt and placed it in the console. Then went about loading my stuff. It wasn't 3 minutes until a car drove up and parked behind me and a guy in uniform got out and asked me what I was doing.... I told him I was loading up from staying in brother's apartment last night and fixing to head out... He then asked if I had a handgun of any sort? I said I sure do. smile

He asked if it was loaded. "Yes." He then asked if he could see it?... "Why?" He said someone had called in that a guy in the parking lot of the apartments with a Jeep had a gun...

"Okay. I DO have a gun. Is that illegal here?" He told me that I could have it in the car if I was going back home, but that it couldn't be loaded... "Well, a gun doesn't do you much good unless it's loaded, does it?" He then told me that the ammo had to be out of reach of the driver of the vehicle. I said, "Okay..." I took the Colt out, and ejected the magazine and racked the round out of the chamber, and tossed the magazine and round in the back floorboard. I asked if that was going to suit his needs now. He said that it would, and got in his car and left.

The cop was shaking the whole time, and his hand was casually resting on the pistol HE was carrying. I could see fear and nervousness all over him.

Reckon I'm lucky I didn't get shot. frown
Ain't that the truth. What amazing arrogance they program into the police, i.e., that they're some sort of super citizen with the right to self defense, but if anyone else tries to exercise that right they treat you like you're going to go nuts and shoot them.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (160user, 257wthbylover, 219DW, 270cowboy, 22250rem, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 1,768 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,133
Posts18,523,175
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.