Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Rovering,

These guys have a dangerous job. They'll mention that every 4 seconds if you watch the program.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/deadliest-catch

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rovering

[Linked Image]

Look at how much they love each other. whistle

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by deflave
If you'd like to hear various people in various professions speak to the dangers of their respective professions, just start watching reality TV.

Travis

I confess to knowing almost nothing about reality TV.

I did watch a singing contest with cute girls in it and a silly race around the world that my aged Mom likes with her, when I went to remodel her house for accessibility after her stroke.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Personally I'm not sure why anyone would want to be on the list of 10 most dangerous jobs. The insults, spewing the "hate" word all of the back and forth over "dangerous" is posturing to me.

At the end of the day is it simply all about the massive debt the taxpayers "owe" to Public Employees" and the looming battle coming over that debt, with Public Employees staking out their ground with propaganda, to make sure it's not their OX that gets gored?

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If you'd like to hear various people in various professions speak to the dangers of their respective professions, just start watching reality TV.

Travis

I understand. But you said there was no chest pounding, so I'm trying to help you out.

Here's another one. Based on the one or two episodes I've had the misfortune of seeing, this occupation only takes second place to fighter pilots and those that worked on the Manhattan project.

http://www.history.com/shows/ice-road-truckers

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Strapping on your sidearm, kissing your husband or your wife goodbye at the door,

Subtle, but disgusting nonetheless. Notice his diction; Husband is listed first. Clearly the large majority of police officers are heterosexual men, yet why the change in order?

Hmmmmmmmm

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R

Travis

I understand. But you said there was no chest pounding, so I'm trying to help you out.

Here's another one. Based on the one or two episodes I've had the misfortune of seeing, this occupation only takes second place to fighter pilots and those that worked on the Manhattan project.

http://www.history.com/shows/ice-road-truckers

Travis

Is it real chest pounding or simple mugging for entertainment?

Is it chest pounding that costs those outside of those industries in dollars, liberty, and lives?

Is it chest pounding about a real and documented level of extreme risk or a politically hyped level of risk?

Can I take your word for it rather that watch the junk TV?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That's for you to decide.

Watch an episode of COPS afterward. Tell me which one looks scripted.

Travis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Folks are queer about odds and statistics, and how that relates to their daily lives. People freak out about guns, lightning, tornadoes, bag-guys in the night, and a million other things. But that four wheeled death machine in the driveway is exponentially more likely to be a cause of death.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bad boys, whatcha want, Watcha want, whatcha gonna do?
When sheriff John Brown come for you

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
This one is GREAT.

You'll be on the edge of your seat before each commercial break. Unfortunately, when the break is over, you just watch a tree fall down and listen to a lot of censored speech.

But make no mistake, every cast member will inform you about the dangers of their job.

http://www.history.com/shows/ax-men

Travis

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
How does one script the fact that the Alaskan Fishing Industry has the most dangerous job in America?

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Harry M
How does one script the fact that the Alaskan Fishing Industry has the most dangerous job in America?

I never said Alaskan fishing isn't the most dangerous job in America.

Travis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
During the Salt Lake City library hostage crisis, a police officer voluntarily snuck into the room with the other hostages, and pretended to be one of the hostages. Although he was armed, his life was in just as much danger as the hostage taker had a bomb. Extraordinary.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Why the comment that they mention it ever 4 seconds?

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Why the comment that they mention it ever 4 seconds?

Because it's the exact chest pounding the OP insisted doesn't exist, or occur.

Travis

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Got it

Thomas Jefferson

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Here is my opinion on the LE profession. It is many, many hours of mundane work mixed in with a few moments of high pressure, dangerous work. The difference to me is that the other dangerous professions are doing it solely for monetary gain. LE protects the public and IMO that is a bit more noble than catching a fish. Also, you know that if you choose LE, you will have some very dangerous (and sad) moments. Many of the others never have to deal with that.

LE is viewed by many as bad right up until the time they need them, then they expect superhuman response to THEIR problem.

Last thing: LE is made up of people. You will have the good and the bad. No getting around that.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
I believe cops have a pretty risky job.

I mean who wants to screw with dope heads, thieves and murderers for a living? (Besides lawyers and Sherp)

I sure as hell don't and would have been relieved of my duties for administering dozens of leg shots.

Considering I haven't said a kind word for dope heads, thieves, or murderers and officers have to testify under oath in court fairly often, you would probably be relieved of duty long before you got in the first leg shot.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why would a straight forward reporting of facts be interpreted as "hatred"?

Because that is what it is. Why else would they bring it up?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

236 members (12344mag, 160user, 280rem_cm, 35, 2UP, 44mc, 22 invisible), 1,678 guests, and 1,035 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,485,973
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.