Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Ok, here is my question.. Made a verbal with a member (not naming at this point) on 4/27/14 on a shot gun.. He was all good for the first two days 3-4 posts. And than its been frustration!! He had his FFL send my an email of the FFL paper work with in 4-5 days, and said payment was going out that week... nothing... sent him couple more emails and finally he get back to me with the fact that he had knee surgery and has been in hospital and what not. Ironically I am at day 32 with the EXACT SAME procedure as he had and I know what he is going through... All I asked of him was to touch base and let me know what was going on.. And as I know with this particular knee surgery there is not a lot to do but lay around and surf the net and play on campfire:) I sent him 3 emails last week and he got back to me on sunday morning and said his brother would be sending me the money via-paypal that day.. Nothing!! I have sent him 3 more emails since just wanting to know whats going on... Nothing, has not read his emails, nor has he responded... I have done numerous deals on here and I know life happens.. but all anyone has ever asked is to keep them informed on status.... I have made two deals since my surgery and found a way to get to the post office to get payment sent out in a timely matter to get the stuff that I really wanted... and kept the seller in the loop..... How much time does one give/wait??? Am I being impatient???

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Just put it back up for sale.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cancel the deal, return his payment if it ever shows up, and relist the rifle.
His problems are not yours and you are entitled to a quick sale without problems.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He's got three posts, the other two buying as well.

Send the other two sellers PM's to see if there was any issues.

I'd say time's up....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Move on. Re-post the shotgun

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Post this:

Deal fell through, back up for sale.

End of the drama.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It is possible that he is back in the hospital with staph infection. That happened to me after knee replacements.

NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
DuckChaser (Member #54116)
User
Registered On: 03/19/14 10:47 PM

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
What Travis said, just be done with it and move on...

It's a beautiful day, Don't let it get away!!!

NoomaScout
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
If you need to sell right away just call the deal ended. If you are not in need of the money give him a couple more weeks to see if he had surgery complications.

IC B3

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Rule #1 with online transactions (any transaction?) when it doesn't feel right bail - regardless of price, rarity, etc. (When you have doubts and second thoughts, refer back to rule #1... most of us have had to learn this the hard way!)

Like everyone has said, way past time to move on. (With no hard feelings... at this point.)

If things were as obvious as they initially appear . . . then men would be riding horseback sidesaddle . . . and not women. - Will Rogers
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Has failed to complied with the agreed verbal contract. Relist and return payment if sent. His problem not yours. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
wow!! some of you do your homework fast... I didn't want to call him out publicly but I guess its to late.... He said he had a blood clot in his leg about 10 days ago and that was the fist excess.... again I sooooooo get that cause I had the same surgery except the broke my tibia in two places... So I understand the pain... But I just made a deal with a member last Thursday night and I made damn sure that the GF got to the post office on Saturday to get the payment off... If he wants the gun that bad all it takes is a little communication.... I will give him until Friday morning to make contact and after that its back on the market... I don't NEED the money that bad, but don't want to sit on it forever either...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tracks
Cancel the deal, return his payment if it ever shows up, and relist the rifle.
His problems are not yours and you are entitled to a quick sale without problems.

bingo

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Nathanial is a good guy, I'd touch base with him and see if he had similiar issues.

Communication is key, and he's been on, so no foul in backing out, and listing again.

O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
It always amazes me the amount of deals that go through this site on a regular basis and for the most part not a lot of issues.... I enjoy the PMs back forth after a deal is made and have got to know some really good guy on here... first time I have delt with this...

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I agree with 'Flave.

(Wow.....that would make a great tag line laugh )

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Call him up. You did get his phone number didn't you??

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
he didn't give me a number or a personal email.... And again, even if he did, is it my job to chase down a guy that WANTS something I have.... When I decide I want some thing I follow up on it and so has the other guys I have sold thing to on here or other sites....

Last edited by Optimax90; 05/14/14.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
drop him like a prom dress or at least as fast

Last edited by SoDakota; 05/14/14.

For the time is coming when people will not put up with sound doctrine, but having itching ears, they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own desires, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander away to myths.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

499 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,017
Posts18,500,387
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.