Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
...prices now seem to be coming down to reality. Do they work reliably? The concept is neat, but the last KT I owned was tacky & unrefined... smirk

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
tacky and unrefined but probably worked...

Interested in the replies myself

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I got one several months ago. It has been flawless so far. It also is very easy to handle. 13 rounds of 00 will make you feel warm and fuzzy.

The foundation for old age is good memories.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Plenty of vids on youtube of the Keltec and the similar shotgun(think the mag tubes are up top on it, versus the KT's underneath) having numerous malfunctions.

With the exception of the P11(which other than having a horrid trigger seem to work) not much else from Keltec seems to get rave reviews on out of the box reliabilty. Neat ideas, but the execution seems to be lacking in too many instances.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Interesting, the 9mm handgun was the only one I ever heard bad things about out of shooters mouths.

The 32 and 380s have a good rep from folks I've talked to that actually own em.

And there is the keltec 223 carbine thats way more than what it appears to be. Reliable as heck and fairly accurate for what it actually is.

But I would like to hear more from folks like Woods stalker that has had good results with it and none of the jams like you see on youtube.

I just don't much trust folks on youtube anymore, you saw the one very amateur review posted here on a no name AR... and they thought they were doing good. I'm almost to the point that you tubes are generally amateurs with no clue...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had 2 Keltec P32's because the first one was total junk that couldn't make it through a magazine without a malfunction of some sort so they warranty replaced it. That was the first place I ever saw the term "fluff and buff" which was on the Keltec owners email list and later the KTOG forums as to what was necessary to sand and polish to get the P32 to function. Then there is(or was) the P40 they came out with as another example of what they do.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
I thinks the OP question was about the shotgun though.

Don't mess with me, I'm too old to fight, too fat to run, so I going to have to kill you.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Zr10054
I thinks the OP question was about the shotgun though.

Yep, but the shotgun is made by the same company that designed and manufactures the RFB. Do you think being able to check whether a firearm is loaded or unloaded by simply retracting the bolt is a good idea? If so, your opinion is opposite that of Keltec.

They have a history of coming up with neat stuff, but if it doesn't work out of the box(which seems to happen a lot) their fans don't consider it an issue for some reason.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
The only KT's that I would personally own are the K3AT and PF9. I've seen too many problems with the P11, PMR30 and KSG. I haven't seen enough RFB's to comment.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Interesting on the PF9. Everyone here that had one sold it again....

Funny how it works in different areas. And maybe its production runs or tweaks making em better eventually etc...

Always wondered about a PMR30, never saw the need really and never knew anyone that had one.

But again I don't trust you tube reviews or reviews of only 1 or 2 to form an opinion.

Just read a post in another forum about how innaccurate a barrel was... asked about reloads? NOpe just tried TWO types of factory ammo that were both about 2 moa... well that barrel ain't even tested then IMHO. But it might still be a junker or a sub moa tube...

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
One guy at YouTube says his KSG ran 2000 rounds with no failures; another guy showed video of his jamming again and again. One guy talked for several minutes about what sling he likes with it. Another advised that it holds more rounds than a Rem 870 (duh)

It's amazing how many guys do videos that just drag, and drag. On something like this, you can provide a useful review in about one minute.

"I fired XXX round of Brand A, XX rounds of Brand B, and it was flawless with Brand A but jammed twice with B. I like the features 1, 2, and 3, but I dislike features 4 & 5. Thank you for watching, have a nice day."

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Man, that post has so much common sense in it. Probably why you'll see very few that would do it like that.

Seems like first they have to dress tacticool or such. Put on the bandanna, and then just often see how many rounds they can rip off, who cares if they hit anything. And never mind the jams are cheap high pressure greek machine gun ammo or steel cased this or the chamber hasn't been cleaned in eons or such...

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
hmmm...maybe I'll start doing them.

I won't narrate them, though...grin

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
everybody wants to be a star...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rost495

Funny how it works in different areas. And maybe its production runs or tweaks making em better eventually etc...

Always wondered about a PMR30, never saw the need really and never knew anyone that had one.

But again I don't trust you tube reviews or reviews of only 1 or 2 to form an opinion.

Just read a post in another forum about how innaccurate a barrel was... asked about reloads? NOpe just tried TWO types of factory ammo that were both about 2 moa... well that barrel ain't even tested then IMHO. But it might still be a junker or a sub moa tube...

I picked up my P32 in the summer of 2001 and had it warranty replaced in the summer of 2001. The "fluff and buff" instructions on how to get one functioning were around at that time and apparently were not new. Googling the term shows it is still around and getting applied to their other models.

At that time the P11 was pretty reliable, perhaps things have changed.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimmyp
everybody wants to be a star...

I should find a good looking woman to star in it...way more hits that way...:/

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
you could introduce this scantily clad woman as "your assistant" even if you discussed a Keltec shotjunkgun you would get a tremendous number of hits, sales of Keltec shotjunkguns would soar.

Guns and Ammo shills would have nothing on you my man!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sherp

I picked up my P32 in the summer of 2001 and had it warranty replaced in the summer of 2001. The "fluff and buff" instructions on how to get one functioning were around at that time and apparently were not new. Googling the term shows it is still around and getting applied to their other models.

I had a sub 2000 in 9mm, that used Glock mags. Interesting concept - a pistol caliber carbine that folds in half and takes popular pistol mags. I even bought the rail for it, to allow mounting a dot sight. But you have to cut the fixed sights off to use a dot; they aren't removable. And it would shoot about 12" groups at 100 yards, which I can beat with any number of other guns, including pistols. I don't recall any jams, but I did learn it would shoot without the action latched shut - at least until I started getting light hammer strikes, and realized what I had done blush

A little more attention to detail on the design, and he might have something.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by sherp

I had a sub 2000 in 9mm, that used Glock mags. Interesting concept - a pistol caliber carbine that folds in half and takes popular pistol mags. I even bought the rail for it, to allow mounting a dot sight. But you have to cut the fixed sights off to use a dot; they aren't removable. And it would shoot about 12" groups at 100 yards, which I can beat with any number of other guns, including pistols. I don't recall any jams, but I did learn it would shoot without the action latched shut - at least until I started getting light hammer strikes, and realized what I had done blush

A little more attention to detail on the design, and he might have something.

Most stuff they do is like that which makes me figure the shotgun screwing up vids aren't faked or some rarity. The having to remove the mag and flip the rifle upside down trick to check the chamber on the RFB is an excellent example.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A local gun shop has sold more than a few of the shotguns, and I haven't heard of any issues from his customers.

I know my SU-16B is quite accurate and so far 100% reliable with various ammo. Shooting off the bi-pod, does make it shoot high, but the gun works fine so far.

Last edited by dmsbandit; 05/16/14.

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

664 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 15,973 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,200
Posts18,543,557
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.