-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wont wear a seatbelt. Write me all the tickets you want.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I tied a girl up once.....
She didn't like mandatory seat belt laws either.
We split up.

I untied her, first.

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hey 7mmMato,

Sell me your rifle. That was one well made rifle.

OK, back on track...

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
wageslave,

I should have thought of that. Instead, she tied me up and after we split up she kept me tied up.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If most of America took responsibility for themselves we wouldn't have half these nanny laws.

Most people, whether you want to believe it or not, will cry about being forced to wear a seat belt, then cry about being asked to pay even a small percentage of the medical bills when they get injured.

Of course, different government agencies pick up the rest. Paid for by taxes. Not just taxes from individuals, but also taxes and regulations to insurance companies. Who start being forced to offer a minimum coverage that costs you more. Both car and medical insurance.

The result is that you pay several times for those who won't pay for themselves or demand that underinsured folks go without care.

There's lots of other factors like the way too high cost of the medical care and lawsuits that claim cops/cities "should have protected me from myself." But the point is that there are reasons for these laws that most of you don't think about. These tickets do not generate the revenue you think. The average cop won't write enough tickets in his career to pay for even two entire years of his employment.

Last edited by pira114; 05/23/14.
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by snubbie
Protecting us unwashed masses from ourselves. And we actually pay taxes for such nonsense. I wonder how much training is required to generate revenue from people who don't wear, or forget to wear a seatbelt.

Well at least it keeps all the rest of us safe from those dangerous criminals who won't wear a seatbelt. (Though I've never figured out exactly how that works.)

How mugh do you think medical expenses from injuries do to not wearing a seatbelt cost Taxpayers as well as affect your insurance premiums?

P.S, you're welcome. And yes. It was overtime for me

did you ever think about the little girl that didn't get medical attention because gov. spent the money on foolish programs so people could sit around with a doughnut watching for strapped in folks on their way to producing income and value?

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Any cop using the tax payer pays for medical issues excuse for writing seat belt ticket better do nothing that increase their risks for health issues.

No smoking, drinking, or being a lard ass.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why don't school buses have seat belts...?

About twenty five million kids ride the school bus every day in our country, and nearly all of them are making the trip without a seat belt.

We�re required to wear seat belts in our cars, but why aren�t there seat belts in school buses...to protect the children...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bro,
I got Uncle Henry today.
He arrived with a chest belt and seat belt.
He was safe.
And glorious.
Thanks.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The heck with a seatbelt; I want to be thrown clear if an accident happens grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How mugh do you think medical expenses from injuries do to not wearing a seatbelt cost Taxpayers as well as affect your insurance premiums?

Have no idea - interesting that your basic rationale for your nagging constraining police work here is that you are controlling costs for taxpayers and premiums for the insured. How much of the remainder of your "protect and serve" role is driven by such lofty and serious purposes?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by antlers
Why don't school buses have seat belts...?

About twenty five million kids ride the school bus every day in our country, and nearly all of them are making the trip without a seat belt.

We�re required to wear seat belts in our cars, but why aren�t there seat belts in school buses...to protect the children...?

Cost to much... Ironic...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is what happens when govt and insurance cartels conspire to dig into your pockets.

I have yet to see my "seatbelt dividends" in the form of lower insurance premiums since this BS started.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

G-12, with all due respect (and I mean it) wearing/not wearing a seat belt isn't going to change much. In fact, there was a truck driver around these parts who died BECAUSE he had his seatbelt on.

I would respond to any officer who's yowling at me for not wearing a seatbelt and who asks that same question thusly:

"Officer, do you not think that it's much more prudent and safe to drive in such a manner that one does not NEED a seatbelt?" Let him answer THAT.

I refuse to wear a seat belt unless and until I'm hauling one of my trailers; especially the camper due to it's size and weight. If I'm running truck only I will not wear a seat belt.

It's called FREEDOM...

In any case - ALL of us should drive safely, carefully and PAY ATTENTION to the road and traffic.

FWIW.

smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My observation has been that at city speed (30-40mph) seatbelts don't do dick. Highway accidents however, they save lives. The people were more often than not D.O.A. from horrid injury after being ejected.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
click it or ticket campaigns are nothing more than a method for raising money.
Heck, that describes most traffic laws.

Sam......

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I'm hoping the conservatives wear seat belts.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by milespatton
And being that we are a secondary offense state( meaning we can't stop based on the no seatbelt),

That is what our lying azz lawmakers in Arkansas promised us when they were trying to sell the idea of a seat belt law. Less than a year before it was changed to a primary offense. All about income. miles

Nah, the seatbelt laws came into being because the Federalis threatened to stop federal dollars that they normally dole out to the states unless the laws were passed. Kentucky started out as a secondary state too, and after a few years it was switched to a primary offense.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have yet to understand that why it is too unsafe to get on the road behind the wheel of a car without a seatbelt, yet one can get on a motorcycle without one.
Now, I know that a seatbelt on a motorcycle is riciculous and would make it more dangerous, BUT if a car without a seatbelt is too dangerous to drive, then a motorcycle is too dangerous with or without a seatbelt.

still, I always wear my seatbelt. I only have one of me and I cannot go hunting all over the world if I'm dead or a paraplegic.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Lost a good friend who was 19 years old who was driving back from elk camp last year by himself. He had a 5x5 he just shot in the back of the pick up.

It was around 8am when he was driving back the police figured he fell asleep at the wheel, went off the road, and rolled the truck. The truck rolled multiple times and he was ejected out of it, and was killed.

I was a FF on the local dept and it was our ambulance that was there first. It was our EMT's that loaded Matt up. The boy they picked up that day was the previous Captains son. A kid who was cadet in the dept, who was on calls with us in the past, who grew up with many of us, and who knew better.

So don't tell me a seatbelt is bullshit, its a first amendment right or any other crap. Its a law. Don't think about yourself. Think of the paramedics that have to put you in the back of an ambulance, and the memories that are burned in their memory for the rest of their life. And think about your mother, father, brothers and sisters who have to get a phone call to tell them there son/daughter is dead.

Basically not wearing a seat belt is being selfish. I have been on enough calls that a simple seat belt would have saved their life. I have watched a person roll a Chevy Blazer 5 times in front of me, and walk away from it because of a seat belt. I have had extricate a person for over 4 hours because they decided to drive drunk and drive off the side of a hill wedging themselves 6 feet up in a tree. They would have walked away with a seat belt on, but since they chose not to, they wedged them self under the steering column and broke their back and were paralyzed from the waist down.

So do what you want. But don't be surprised to get a ticket, don't give cops crap for trying to make it a little safer for you.

And if/when you don't wear a seat belt and get in a major accident, don't be surprised when you never see your family again.

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

204 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 264mag, 204guy, 36 invisible), 2,089 guests, and 982 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,975
Posts18,499,477
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.