-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
some here are just dense, or so agenda driven that they won't understand.
No one is saying seatbelts are bad, or that they refuse to wear them when they feel it is appropriate.
Most are saying that it's not government's job to insist that folks wear a belt, or get a ticket.
As always, it's cops on one side, with their world view, and Citizens on the other, with the normal world view. laugh

Sam......

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by snubbie
Protecting us unwashed masses from ourselves. And we actually pay taxes for such nonsense. I wonder how much training is required to generate revenue from people who don't wear, or forget to wear a seatbelt.

Well at least it keeps all the rest of us safe from those dangerous criminals who won't wear a seatbelt. (Though I've never figured out exactly how that works.)

How mugh do you think medical expenses from injuries do to not wearing a seatbelt cost Taxpayers as well as affect your insurance premiums?

P.S, you're welcome. And yes. It was overtime for me

Think of all the medical expenses that are caused from WEARING seat belts.

Being somewhat in this wreck business, I"ve seen way MORE damage from not, than from...

But my personal opinion on medical type stuff... you need to prove you have coverage or can pay, before we are going to go get you and then let EMS take you somewhere... And from that point, I could care less if you wear your belt or not. Or have airbags or not.

Of course I would lean towards an advertising campaign with wide coverage of how much better you generally are by using both. At least from every wreck that I"ve been to so far.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just more government BS. A seat belt should be left up to the driver.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You hear more about the ones who were saved by NOT wearing a belt because it's news. News is the unusual. Being saved by wearing one is so common that it's not news at all.

The son of an acquaintance is another one saved by a belt. His buddy bought a new Jeep and they took it hill climbing. The buddy knew nothing about hill climbing. Half way up a steep one, he spun out and tried to TURN AROUND. It rolled a half dozen times. They had belts and a good roll bar and neither got serious injuries.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Originally Posted by eyeball
Thirty-one miles on a two lane blacktop today...three State Troopers, a Deputy, two city cops. Only saw one driver who had been pulled over.

Texas plates, huh? smile
laugh Nope, no one from Texas knows where US371 is nor where it goes.

Don't bet on that...we bought hay from a fellow just off of 371 last fall. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ever since they started this click it or ticket ....chit ....I flat out DON'T click it ...f u and your stupid laws ...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by atvalaska
ever since they started this click it or ticket ....chit ....I flat out DON'T click it ...f u and your stupid laws ...

Aren't you being a little rebellious?

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by eyeball
Thirty-one miles on a two lane blacktop today...three State Troopers, a Deputy, two city cops. Only saw one driver who had been pulled over.

Texas plates, huh? smile
laugh Nope, no one from Texas knows where US371 is nor where it goes.

Don't bet on that...we bought hay from a fellow just off of 371 last fall. grin

Ed

Your rare.US371 is only 134 miles long and the largest town it goes through has a population of 12,000. smile So you were somewhere between Coushatta and DeQueen.

Last edited by websterparish47; 05/23/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
got a bud who was sitting at a lunch table with a fellow from our state .gov ..........when tommy Thompson (f-wis to! ) ...called.. tellin our guy to vote yes> for click er ticket ...or the feds will not feed us federal hwy bucks!!!!!!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by asphaltangel

NO...i'll/I do pay the fine.......pride can't be bought

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
No one is saying seatbelts are bad, or that they refuse to wear them when they feel it is appropriate.
Most are saying that it's not government's job to insist that folks wear a belt, or get a ticket.
As always, it's cops on one side, with their world view, and Citizens on the other, with the normal world view. laugh

Perhaps the cops also have the view which comes from a weariness of scraping, with squeegee and mop, the sorry remains of lifeless humans from the pavement?

It isnοΏ½t the smart people who need the law. I kind of feel the same about PFDs. It is after all the job of Coast Guard and SAR to protect/save idiots, isnοΏ½t it?

IοΏ½m not especially fond of a lot of the laws and regulations which are imposed on us - especially the ways they can be enforced upon us. However, I find the contrast with other countries to help with perspective at times. Nepal is a great way to see how traffic laws and rules that we have are not all that bad.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I actually feel sorry for the police.

Can you imagine writing seat belt violations as a job? I'd have to take all the mirrors outta the house.

β€œLife is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by asphaltangel

I'm just giving you a bad time. My mom is hilarious. Every time she gets in a car and puts one on : "I just hate these things!" Oregon was one of the last states to pass that law. I think New Jersey was the other one. Anyway, I can remember when it came down and how horribly it was received in the rural areas. I use a county van in my employment and this stupid ding ding noise goes on forever until everyone and their service dog puts on a seatbelt.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I actually feel sorry for the police.

Can you imagine writing seat belt violations as a job? I'd have to take all the mirrors outta the house.

When they enacted the seatbelt law here I was in law enforcement. By far, most of the cops I talked to were against it as well as I was. First, "Mama Laws" are ridiculous. If you are an adult, you should be able to make decisions for yourself. Especially if they concern your own well being and are not going to harm anyone else.

Minors should be subject to protective laws. For obvious reasons.

I, for one had no problem with stupid people joining the Darwin crowd because of their own stupidity. We are all better off when that happens.

A lot of the cops were against the seatbelt law because they could not lean over to create a smaller profile if being fired upon in the patrol vehicle, and some felt when they needed to hit the ground running from the patrol car, the seatbelt slowed them down.

Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Considering it's legal for women to drive, and women with cell phones to be more precise, I click it when I drive.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Calvin
Considering it's legal for women to drive, and women with cell phones to be more precise, I click it when I drive.
It's a good idea no matter who is on the road. But for the government to insert themselves into the matter is unlawful or the way this country was designed. This is an issue with health and that should not involve the government, although it now does seem to. But it shouldn't and hopefully that will change in the near future.

It should involve only commerce. Let the insurance companies deny coverage if a seat belt was not worn in a personal injury crash. That would have two effects: more seat belts would be worn, and the gene pool would be cleansed.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Calvin

Calvin, Calvin, Calvin [with my head shaking] smile There's a fair share of male ding-a-lings out there with their cell phone plastered to their ear.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Klikitarik

Perhaps the cops also have the view which comes from a weariness of scraping, with squeegee and mop, the sorry remains of lifeless humans from the pavement?

It isnοΏ½t the smart people who need the law. I kind of feel the same about PFDs. It is after all the job of Coast Guard and SAR to protect/save idiots, isnοΏ½t it?

IοΏ½m not especially fond of a lot of the laws and regulations which are imposed on us - especially the ways they can be enforced upon us. However, I find the contrast with other countries to help with perspective at times. Nepal is a great way to see how traffic laws and rules that we have are not all that bad.

Actually, most cops don't GAF whether you wear a seatbelt or not, but will use the law as a pretext to investigate further. There are some agencies that require their officers to make certain number of "contacts" per day however, and seatbelt violators are easy pickin's.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Klikitarik

It isn’t the smart people who need the law. I kind of feel the same about PFDs. It is after all the job of Coast Guard and SAR to protect/save idiots, isn’t it?

I’m not especially fond of a lot of the laws and regulations which are imposed on us - especially the ways they can be enforced upon us. However, I find the contrast with other countries to help with perspective at times. Nepal is a great way to see how traffic laws and rules that we have are not all that bad.

Actually, most cops don't GAF whether you wear a seatbelt or not, but will use the law as a pretext to investigate further. There are some agencies that require their officers to make certain number of "contacts" per day however, and seatbelt violators are easy pickin's.

Until you name drop that their sargeant is your brother grin

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I never wear a seatbelt.

I also don't close my container.

Gun cases are stupid. I don't care what state I'm driving through.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,205 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,008
Posts18,500,123
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.