Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave
I never wear a seatbelt.

I also don't close my container.

Gun cases are stupid. I don't care what state I'm driving through.

Travis

Your milk container?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I hate milk.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hate milk.

Travis

What's with the avatar?

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Seat belt laws.......? Pffffft!

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
You don't need em. You have a highly trained vicious attack dog that you can use to cause duress and gain submissive compliance to maintain your overlord status... whistle whistle whistle

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Is NH the last State standing without? I thought there was one other.

[bleep] seatbelt and helmet laws.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I cant reach into that case of beer on the far floor board.... if'n my seat belt is on....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by NH K9
Is NH the last State standing without? I thought there was one other.

[bleep] seatbelt and helmet laws.

Thats one thing i think is off kilter. We have a seatbelt law, but no helmet law

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Actually out of 17 stops in 6 hours he was the only one who I cited, you pretty much have to talk your way into a ticket with me.

Do you always wear your uniform like that or did you just come over from the gay side of the 'Fire?

Would that do it?

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Next up, helmet laws for car drivers. But it will only be a secondary offense. At the start...

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Actually out of 17 stops in 6 hours he was the only one who I cited, you pretty much have to talk your way into a ticket with me.

Do you always wear your uniform like that or did you just come over from the gay side of the 'Fire?

Would that do it?

Naahh. And and had he said anything differently than "dude, you can't give me a seatbelt ticket, I JUST FREAKING got one yesterday, on this God damned road". He would have gotten a warning too

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have been to a lot of safety programs in my 39 years with a utility. Seat belts and air bags can save your life from a 60mph head on collision. Most can just unbuckle and walk away. I know a state trooper who was in a high speed chase in a Ford Crown Victoria and ran off the road at 100 mph and hit a huge oak tree. Totaled his car, but he walked away. They do save lives, about 10,000 a year since before the laws were mandatory. However, I do see where you are coming from, It is your life, and your car, and you are the one to be hurt killed. Not really anyone else, except maybe your passengers if they don't have them on. It could be regulated by the insurance companies. No payout for accidents if you didn't have your seat belt on. No laws needed.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by asphaltangel
I hate milk.

Travis

What's with the avatar?

Often times a person's avatar is not an actual image of the person posting.

Take TRH for example. You may think he's a gold coin, but he isn't. He's a person.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Steve
Next up, helmet laws for car drivers. But it will only be a secondary offense. At the start...

Next up you'll get a special license plate that allows the police to stop you without probable cause because you're a previous offender.

Oh wait. They're already doing that.

Travis

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Steve

Next up you'll get a special license plate that allows the police to stop you without probable cause because you're a previous offender.

Oh wait. They're already doing that.

Travis

That's Ohio isn't. With their yellow "drunk driver plates"?

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by asphaltangel
I hate milk.

Travis

What's with the avatar?

Often times a person's avatar is not an actual image of the person posting.

Take TRH for example. You may think he's a gold coin, but he isn't. He's a person.

Travis

True. Travis is actually a fat dwarf with an insatiable sexual preference for sheep.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
But, if you are dumb enough to not pay attention to the big flashing signs that say CLICK IT OR TICKET and you get cited, maybe you should guess that they will likely be watching for seatbelts on that stretch of road the next day as well.

I dinno that anyone has ever seem me utter a word against Cops here.

But as a regular Joe few things irk me more that the "CLICK IT OR TICKET" posters featuring stern looking Cops in shades staring hard. About the worst PR campaign you could possibly imagine.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by eh76
As much as I agree seat belts save lives I view wearing one as a First Ammendment type of issue. If I don't want to why should gooberment have the right to make me. Fuggem

Couldn't agree more

I get a kick outta the fact that I can get a ticket for driving down the road in my 8000 lb truck. But I can legally be in flip flops, no shirt, no helmet and be perfectly legal on my cycle.

The truck must be pretty damn dangerous.

Life is just one damned thing after another
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pira114
If most of America took responsibility for themselves we wouldn't have half these nanny laws.

Most people, whether you want to believe it or not, will cry about being forced to wear a seat belt, then cry about being asked to pay even a small percentage of the medical bills when they get injured.

Of course, different government agencies pick up the rest. Paid for by taxes. Not just taxes from individuals, but also taxes and regulations to insurance companies. Who start being forced to offer a minimum coverage that costs you more. Both car and medical insurance.

The result is that you pay several times for those who won't pay for themselves or demand that underinsured folks go without care.

There's lots of other factors like the way too high cost of the medical care and lawsuits that claim cops/cities "should have protected me from myself." But the point is that there are reasons for these laws that most of you don't think about. These tickets do not generate the revenue you think. The average cop won't write enough tickets in his career to pay for even two entire years of his employment.

Yep, just like when police have to defend themselves against a diabetic and beat on someone. If they didn't do it and just left them there passed out everyone would be complaining about that instead.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
But, if you are dumb enough to not pay attention to the big flashing signs that say CLICK IT OR TICKET and you get cited, maybe you should guess that they will likely be watching for seatbelts on that stretch of road the next day as well.

I dinno that anyone has ever seem me utter a word against Cops here.

But as a regular Joe few things irk me more that the "CLICK IT OR TICKET" posters featuring stern looking Cops in shades staring hard. About the worst PR campaign you could possibly imagine.

Birdwatcher

I am somewhat with you there since a balaclava would make the point much better than the sunglasses. Maybe even looking over a set of sights to add emphasis.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 60 invisible), 2,223 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,010
Posts18,500,195
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.