-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have started making planer boards here is a description and pics if anyone is interested just PM me.

Crappie Reaper Planer boards are great for any type of fish using light tackle. Reaper boards can be used from land or in a boat as long as you have moving water. Crappie Reaper boards are hand made. These bright orange planers will slightly disturb the surface and act as a front runner with the bait typically 6-10 feet behind the board. With your wide coverage and separation of lines, you have the ability to turn 180 degrees in an acre of water. These boards run directly off your rod line by using float clips to attach your board and unlike other boards these boards float even when sitting in the water. The pair of boards come in a left and right side and is marked on each board. There is no limit to the different game fish you will catch!

Last picture is the one of the first I experimented with. Sorry the picture is a little blurry.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Just how do these things work? Inquiring minds want to know. powdr

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Agreed , tell us more.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
So exactly where are you located? I am in Knoxville

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Sorry been away.
The boards allow you to cover a lot of water while trolling. You connect the planer boards directly to your line after deciding on how deep you wish to run your bait/lures. The boards will hold your line away from the boat. Simply drop the board over the side of your boat with the desired depth and then let out as much line as you wish to run away from the boat. Once you trip your bail the boards will go straight out away from your boat and ride in a upright position maintaining that distance. The boards will also work if fishing from a river bank. The current will pull the board out to the middle of the river and allow you to hold the bait off the bottom.
While crappie fishing it was not uncommon to have 3-4 fish on at one time while running three pair, that's one reason I named them Crappie Reaper. The boards will work for any fish using light tackle. All boards are handmade by me using woodworking equipment. I'm in the process of having a company build my wires since cutting/bending them in a handmade jig is very time consuming and difficult especially getting them where I want them. Boards are $30 a pair.
See pic below on setting up your boards.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by TN deer hunter; 05/25/14.

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Here is a picture of my kids using the boards. You don't have to have rod holders but they help out a great deal. When a fish gets on the boards will dance back and forth making it easy to see especially if fishing with kids. I have also caught several catfish while slow trolling one was a 8lb blue cat and the board disappeared.
I am not the guy that came up with these but he quit making them and I wanted a pair so I just borrowed a couple from a friend and had all the woodworking equipment and through some trial and error and talking with the gentleman that made them I have a product that works great. These are just fun to fish with period. I am currently working on a larger size for Striper and will be able to hold a 6" baitfish.
Go to my likes page on Facebook @Crappie Reaper Planer Boards

[Linked Image]

Last edited by TN deer hunter; 05/25/14.

- Michael Friedman

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
what are they made from plastic or wood?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Made with a exotic wood that's hard to get and very buoyant and tough. Every board has two coats of primer, two coats of paint and 2 coats of marine acrylic gloss clear coat with UV protection.

- Michael Friedman

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
So the sole purpose of the "wire" hanging down from the board is just to stabilize it then?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Yes

- Michael Friedman

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I bought a few pair a number of years ago from.....Bishop fishing products, I think. They look very similar and they are really great. I use them with small jigs and road runners and they really help stack up the fish. Very nice fit and finish on your boards...very cool product. GaryU

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
These are built exactly the same as Mr. Bishops. He has quit making them so I decided to try and build them and got it down. I talked with him and picked his brain then he invited me over and he pretty much showed me his whole operation.

- Michael Friedman

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
PM's answered. Boards are $30 a pair plus $6.00 for USPS Priority Mail

- Michael Friedman

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,189
Posts18,484,912
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.