Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Inquiring if there are any new rumors going around about LH rifles. In particular, at the start of the year, I'd heard that CZ was going to produce LH 527's. Never heard another word on it.

Also heard that the Tikka may come out backwards in the T3 Lite. That may be total rumor.

Any updates from anyone hard wired to the above or others ??

Would like to know before ordering more McMillans to "fix" wood stocked factory rifles.

A LH 700 VSF in 308 may come first though. That one I know they make or at least made.........

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The CZ 527s are supposed to be on the way. They produced the 452s in lefty first. My local gun dealer is a lefty and he bought one for himself. He loves it. I too am waiting for a lefty 527. The only right hand gun I own is a 527 Hornet that will go as soon as I can replace it with a lefty.

Leon

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The 452 will be my next gun purchase, I just wish that they'd come out with the 450 Safari in left hand.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
I'd really like to see the CZ 452's in 17 HMR or 22 Mag, but I don't think that is a go ????

No confirmation on the Tikka's ??

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Hear any rumors about Kimber? I saw Sako's supposed to be making left hand bolts again

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A couple months ago I emailed Remington, Kimber, and Tikka, I didnt like the results a whole bunch. The good news is that Tikka said that hopefully by Oct. a LH model will hit the shelves. Kimber kinda basically said they dont have any interest at all in offering a LH any time soon (to bad!). I asked if Rem. was ever going to offer anything other than LSS, Bdl, or CDL and they said that do to the small market of LH shooters, that unless there is a huge rash of interest that they will not offer anything else I/we may be interested in ei. LSS Mountain, Mountain, SPS etc.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think that blanket line about "the small number of LH shooters" is the biggest line of crap going. Granted, there aren't nearly as many LHers as Rightys, but I think they are fixing their notions based each year on sales of LH bolt rifles.

If they did a survey and factored in the lefties using auto's, levers, pumps, and break actions...they'd make plenty of money putting the bolt where it belongs.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The biggest problem is that too many lefties buy right handed guns.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Agree, and I swore I'd never do it again. I just did it. Funnest gun shopping I've ever done. Bar none.

Chuck

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What did you get Chuck? I recently bought a 1961 Winchester M88 in .308 Winchester. Since the safety can be reversed that sort of makes it an ambidextrious rifle.

IC B3

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The LH CZ should be great. Make mine a 35 whelen.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Your right about the number of left hand shooter, we should do a group buy, or work through a distributor like Davidson ,they get special models made up all the time in as little as 500 pieces

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I asked if Rem. was ever going to offer anything other than LSS, Bdl, or CDL and they said that do to the small market of LH shooters, that unless there is a huge rash of interest that they will not offer anything else

The LH LSS has been gone from their lineup for a couple of years now I believe. Toward the end the only thing you could get it in was RUMs. They dropped all the standard calibers in the last year of production. Who the hell wants RUMs? Just goes to show they have lost the pulse of the LH people who buy their guns.

2Seventy

Member: NRA Life Benefactor
Gun Owners of America
2nd Amendment Foundation
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Dare I say to all you leftes, check out Savage. They have a whole bunch of different styles in left-hand actions, from varmint to big bore, with new designs on the way. Yeah, I know all you expensive rifle advocates sneer at Savage, but, word of causion, dont get into a shooting match against them.
I just love embarrasing all the Remchester types every time I go to the range. Makes life worth living. I dont like snobs,

Life is short,paddle hard.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
hey crazy, Even if Savage were expensive, and they made it in every rifle/chambering combination available...I still wouldnt buy one! They may shoot allright (None of the guys I shoot with have outshot me), IMO they are still the ugliest mass produced rifle there is!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (ar33c9, 10gaugemag, anothergun, 44automag, 7 invisible), 811 guests, and 791 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,387
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.