Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Officers had no indication that any children were inside the Lakeview Heights home when they returned around 3 a.m. Wednesday, Terrell said, and approached the same door where drugs had been purchased.

Toddler in coma...

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
So if I throw a bomb into a building, I'm OK as long as I had no knowledge one way or another there were children inside? That's a very new standard in law for the United States.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
whoa there. the flip side could be

all drug dealers have to do is have a child shield and the cop's hands are tied. is that what you are saying?

a tragedy for sure, but the responsibility lands on the dealer who brought them down on them. the police don't get a pass, but if the folks were just visiting and had just gotten there, how would they know? sad deal and thoughts and prayers for the little boy. but I highly doubt the cops said "aw screw the kids, we're going in hot and heavy"

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Bullchit.

Personal responsibility. Period.

Almost every problem in this country today can be boiled down to the lack of personal responsibility.

Drug dealers are scum, and most of them need a bullet in the head, BUT;

The police did not throw this �flash-bang� at a drug dealer, they threw it in a house, blindly.
Houses are where people live. People with kids. Even drug dealers have kids.

You can walk down any street in America, pick out any house at random, and the odds are better than 50/50 that children live in that house.
Personal responsibility.

Until we hold law informant to a reasonable standard of personal responsibility, we will keep seeing these stories of innocent civilians being injured or killed by over zealous law enforcement officers who are not HELD ACCOUNTABLE for their actions.

Ohh, ohh you say, but he had an AK-47. Tell me where is the rule that you have to arrest him while he has the gun in his hand ?
Here is an idea, assign a couple of officers to watch the house, and when he comes out to get his morning paper, cuff him.
No, no, not near as much fun as putting on black pajamas and going in the middle of the night with �flash-bang� grenades and machine guns to terrorize as many people as possible.

The officer in charge, the one who authorized this military style raid should be fired, and sent to financial ruin in a civilian law suit. The nation wide standard should be minimal use of force when there is any possibility of innocent civilian involvement.

MOLON LABE
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Anaconda
Bullchit.

Almost every problem in this country today can be boiled down to the lack of personal responsibility.

The police did not throw this �flash-bang� at a drug dealer, they threw it in a house, blindly.

You can walk down any street in America, pick out any house at random, and the odds are better than 50/50 that children live in that house.
Personal responsibility.

Until we hold law informant to a reasonable standard of personal responsibility, we will keep seeing these stories of innocent civilians being injured or killed by over zealous law enforcement officers who are not HELD ACCOUNTABLE for their actions.

Ohh, ohh you say, but he had an AK-47. Tell me where is the rule that you have to arrest him while he has the gun in his hand ?
Here is an idea, assign a couple of officers to watch the house, and when he comes out to get his morning paper, cuff him.
No, no, not near as much fun as putting on black pajamas and going in the middle of the night with �flash-bang� grenades and machine guns to terrorize as many people as possible.

The officer in charge, the one who authorized this military style raid should be fired, and sent to financial ruin in a civilian law suit. The nation wide standard should be minimal use of force when there is any possibility of innocent civilian involvement.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
No-knock warrants can be problematic.

If I were a judge, you'd have to show me some pretty compelling schist to get me to sign one. And "he sells cocaine" would not be on my compelling schist list.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sickening.

Prayers for that child.

Unfortunately, some lessons are learned the hard way.

If you see a crib in the room or baby items around the house, you may want to suspend bomb throwing until you get a better idea of what's inside.

Just a thought...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That ain't how it works.

Going in is going in. And when the people that authorize the no knock start being held accountable? You'll see schist like this subside.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Bullchit.

Personal responsibility.

+1. cannot agree more. I imagine a few people are having a tough time and wish they could go back and do things different. The drug dealer did bring this upon himself so I feel no pity for him. The cops are probably having a real hard time dealing with this, especially the one who threw the grenade. I always thought these were highly trained people who knew how to not pull the trigger until absolutly necassary but I guess not. Hope they get what they deserve.

AND more importantly I pray for the innocent little guy,who is, undoubtedly paying the biggest price for this stupidity.
[/quote]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The militarization of our police force has got to stop. How to put an end to it, I do not know except for being involved in local and other politics and trying to be a part of the solution.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
That ain't how it works.

Going in is going in. And when the people that authorize the no knock start being held accountable? You'll see schist like this subside.

Travis

Seems to me the people on the ground are responsible for insuring that the scene is free of children before force is used.

No Judge could possibly know what the situation will be on the ground when the cops execute the warrant.

No, this falls squarely on the shoulders of the officers at the scene, especially the one in charge.

It is their responsibility to know if any occupants may be children and act accordingly.

An order isn't a blank check and going in ain't just going in.

You'll see what I mean when this department gets through paying millions for injuring this child.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know some great LEOs and support them and their roles to the max. That means zero when considering the actions of bomb-equipped gung-ho characters who apply no personal responsibility and act like power-drunk thugs with badges.

Yes, the issuing judge must use great discretion, but the guys who throw the bombs and shoot are are completely culpable. Drug dealers are a problem that has to be addressed, but where, when and how are discretionary - no excuses here.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bullchit.

Personal responsibility.

did you read the article? just curious, because he wasn't holding an ak-47. turns out he wasn't even at home, the officer who overlooked that part of it should be reprimanded as well as the officer who threw the flash bang. perhaps a reevaluation of how they conduct these kinds of raids and when they are warranted or not. same goes for the judge who authorized it.

I don't think any of them should have their careers or lives ruined, but they need to be held accountable and to the same standard anyone else would be had a regular civilian did something like this. AND rewrite the code or law for how this kind of thing goes down.
a no knock should be only rarely used and under extreme circumstances.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Disgusting.

When all you carry is a hammer, everything's a nail..

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have heard that analogy more times in the last few days since Zero used it at the graduation ceremony than I ever have in my life.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
It's been around a lot longer than zero..

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
So if I throw a bomb into a building, I'm OK as long as I had no knowledge one way or another there were children inside? That's a very new standard in law for the United States.
People who break laws have to deal with unpleasant consequences of their crimes. Same thing applies to terrorists.

[Linked Image from ]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
People who break laws have to deal with unpleasant consequences of their crimes. Same thing applies to terrorists.
We don't know who broke a law, or if anyone did, as there hasn't yet been a conviction. Punishment is supposed to be reserved for post conviction.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by oulufinn
It's been around a lot longer than zero..

oh I know, and I eluded to as much in my post though not directly stated. I was just commenting that this week I have heard it more since he said it. must be a subliminal thing?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
did you read the article?

Yes, I did read the article. It mentioned the perp having an AK during a previous police encounter. That history is all the LEOs needed to justify playing a game Navy Seals and terrorist.

Originally Posted by Colorado1135

don't think any of them should have their careers or lives ruined, but they need to be held accountable and to the same standard anyone else would be had a regular civilian did something like this.

If any civilian did this, they would be in prison for mayhem and/or negligent manslaughter. What gives LEOs a pass ?

MOLON LABE
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

268 members (21, 12344mag, 2500HD, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 27 invisible), 1,756 guests, and 1,099 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,632
Posts18,492,998
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.