Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
So, and any one explain to me how a "trained" officer threw the flash bang straight into the play pen and onto the sleeping baby?

Just how does that happen?

I've stopped getting in these, and I'll go back to lurking after this, but I like AS and wanted to chime in with an answer.

It happens because the cops screwed up. On a macro level (drug offense, no-knock warrant, militarization, when you're a hammer everything looks like a nail) and on a micro level (at some point a cop threw a flashbang where he shouldn't have).

The cop that let go of the flashbang, shouldn't have.

Thanks Blue. I just wanted to confirm there was not tactical training doctrine saying "know your target" did not apply to flashbangs.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There isn't a decent officer in the country who wouldn't be proud to have done this raid and there isn't a decent conservative in the country who wouldn't have been proud of them for doing it.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by sherp
There isn't a decent officer in the country who wouldn't be proud to have done this raid and there isn't a decent conservative in the country who wouldn't have been proud of them for doing it.

WTF. Every decent officer in the country,is and should be,sickened by this raid. And nobody should be proud of this stupidity. You are proud of this? Hope I read your post wrong, sick sick sick.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
Stick around awhile and read some more so's you don't come off as such a domazz.
Pat is a cop yes, but he ain't typical, far from it.

agreed in spades

we'd be lucky if Pat was the typical cop

there'd be a whole lot less of these pizz poor incidents I betcha

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And no one takes responsibility, instead choosing to say "He made me do it" instead of owning up to burning a baby with a grenade they shouldn't even have.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by mrfudd

Only 1 problem- no meth and no guns were found in the house. I hope they sue the crap out of the agency and the individual cop. This crap is unjustified. Would it hurt to set up surveillance and bust the guy on his way in or out of the house?
Now how are they going to satisfy their adrenaline addictions like that?

Exactly. You don't get to put on those 46" waist tactical pants very often.....

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 257STEW

WTF. Every decent officer in the country,is and should be,sickened by this raid. And nobody should be proud of this stupidity. You are proud of this? Hope I read your post wrong, sick sick sick.
He's playing the part, here at the Fire, of what he believes is a typical cop member of the Fire. He stays unshakably "in-character" for this.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

How are things in your mommy'a basement cop hater?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
And no one takes responsibility, instead choosing to say "He made me do it" instead of owning up to burning a baby with a grenade they shouldn't even have.
Big Plus One! Weapons of war have no place in police work.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Originally Posted by 700LH
Stick around awhile and read some more so's you don't come off as such a domazz.
Pat is a cop yes, but he ain't typical, far from it.

agreed in spades

we'd be lucky if Pat was the typical cop

there'd be a whole lot less of these pizz poor incidents I betcha

Just trying to fit in because this is a civilian hunting forum. Check out officer.com for how police really think. Not a decent one among them who wouldn't have been chomping at the bit to toss it in to kick off the raid.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
"should not be surprised", is more accurate than "Should expect".
The latter almost implies that the war on drugs automatically extends culpability to families and children. Sins of the father.........

From the story link: "Deputies said they bought drugs from the house, and came back with a no-knock warrant to arrest a man known to have drugs and weapons."

There was no need for it to be a no-knock raid. The suspect sold to an undercover, so they already had the evidence they needed to convict. Why worry about the suspect flushing evidence when you already have what you need?

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
wow that has to be a record on ignore after only 13 posts.

lol tom

BTW Pat I do not blame you for the remark lol

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The police are at war against lawless civilians. That is why they need grenades, MRAPS, drones, submachine guns, assault rifles, GPMGs, and everything else they need to keep civilians toes on the line. Shoot, even those Christmas time shop with the cops things are no different than US military handing out candy in a war zone so they can get the kids to open up to them about what their families are doing.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
There was no need for it to be a no-knock raid. The suspect sold to an undercover, so they already had the evidence they needed to convict. Why worry about the suspect flushing evidence when you already have what you need?
The "needs" of the criminal justice system were never meant to trump Constitutional limitations on police powers in the first place.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Barak
Hate to be the one who threw the grenade. Lifetime of regret lays ahead for him/her.

You think so?

I'm skeptical.

Somebody who would throw a grenade into the house of a person not even suspected of hurting anybody, it seems to me, would have to have worn whatever conscience he might have started with down to an ineffectual nub. Once he's declared to have been Following Department Policy and brought back from his paid vacation, I'd expect it to be pretty much back to business as usual. Wouldn't even be surprised to see him bragging and joking about it to his cop buddies.

"We didn't know there was a kid" is a weak, craven, morally bankrupt excuse. Imagine what a government prosecutor would do to a Mundane who tried to defend blowing a kid's face off with something like that.
The cops that beat that diabetic guy for not following their orders, when he couldn't, laughed about it when they found out.

Not their fault he had ate too many sweets.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm a big believe in making organizations run like machines. I don't like when they don't. For example if a business is doing poorly, I would never look at the entry level employee and think 'Here's my problem.'

I'd go straight to the top. Same with a platoon, or company. I'd never look at a PFC and think 'Man, this dude [bleep] up. If I get him gone, everything will shape right up.'

Of course my way of thinking is logical and SOP in any leadership course. You go to the top, lop his/her head off, and start working down from there.

So I find it very puzzling that most citizens (when viewing no-knock warrant [bleep] ups) never look to the person that authorized the action.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Not their fault he had ate too many sweets.
Damned right! A diabetic who gives into temptation for sugar should expect to be beaten and abused by the police who are just doing their jobs. Put the blame where it belongs, I say. That's what I learned from Pat, anyway.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The police are at war against lawless civilians. That is why they need grenades, MRAPS, drones, submachine guns, assault rifles, GPMGs, and everything else they need to keep civilians toes on the line. Shoot, even those Christmas time shop with the cops things are no different than US military handing out candy in a war zone so they can get the kids to open up to them about what their families are doing.

Until I start seeing cops turn on each other in public to stop the bad ones from violating our civil rights, I'll take the good cops commiserating "lament" with a grain of salt......

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
"should not be surprised", is more accurate than "Should expect".
The latter almost implies that the war on drugs automatically extends culpability to families and children. Sins of the father.........

I think what LT is trying to say, is that in addition to the risks from law enforcement, selling drugs exposed your family to risks from other drug dealers who might be interested in obtaining your product, their customers, or the collection of bad debts, and not care who they hurt in the process. What are the motives behind most murders, drugs, money(from or for drugs), and women.

Dealing drugs is probably the most dangerous profession is American. They even have a TV show about it.....it's called The First 48.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pumpgun
wow that has to be a record on ignore after only 13 posts.

lol tom

BTW Pat I do not blame you for the remark lol

You upset that your friend failed to read the article or that I called him out on it?

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (10gaugeman, 2500HD, 1936M71, 257 roberts, 1minute, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,686
Posts18,494,041
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.