Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
When I was a young boy, I remember watching a 1950's-era movie, probably a grade "B" western, where a man was being held captive in a small cave. The bad guy rolled a boulder in front of the cave to prevent the man from escaping.

The bad guy would look through a small opening in the rocks to talk to the man and give him food and water. After a few days the man in the cave made a bow and arrow using sticks and laces. When the bad guy peered in through the small opening, the captive man shot an arrow into his face and killed or seriously wounded the bad guy and escaped from the cave.

That's all I remember about the movie. I would like to watch it again if someone can remember the name.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

If you ever find the movie, check back and tell us how the guy got out of the cave.

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
That's one of the reasons I want to see the movie again. I know he got out but I don't remember how.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you know who was in it?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was it an actual movie or a 30 minute tv show.?

IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
What were you smoking?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
A bear came along and started eating his captor outside of the cave and the guy in the cave behind the rock lured the bear to the cave by talking/yelling at the bear. Then the bear started ripping away at the crack and rolled the boulder out, dude was waiting full draw with his shoestring bow and shot that bear dead.

Something clever here.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Then the guy got out of the cave and found a ........

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
well he cut a chunka that bear meat off and hung it over the fire while he collected the 6 shooter rig and the boots off'n that scoundrel done captured him.

Something clever here.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I'm thinkin' the BG's girlfriend was there and she......

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Musta swallered a watermelon seed, on account her belly was all swelt up....

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Do you know who was in it?

The good guy. Doi

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CherokeeMike
When I was a young boy, I remember watching a 1950's-era movie, probably a grade "B" western, where a man was being held captive in a small cave. The bad guy rolled a boulder in front of the cave to prevent the man from escaping.

The bad guy would look through a small opening in the rocks to talk to the man and give him food and water. After a few days the man in the cave made a bow and arrow using sticks and laces. When the bad guy peered in through the small opening, the captive man shot an arrow into his face and killed or seriously wounded the bad guy and escaped from the cave.

That's all I remember about the movie. I would like to watch it again if someone can remember the name.

Well that was stupid. He killed the only guy that could roll away the rock. The end.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Musta swallered a watermelon seed, on account her belly was all swelt up....

Ah ha! So THATS how it happens!!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I remember a TV episode where some old dude that looked like a cross between Winston Churchill and Alfred Hitchcock was after some Indian treasure of gold in a cave. Somehow, his associate had the hero trapped in the cave with the gold. The hero fashioned a bow and shot the keeper with a solid gold arrow. The show ended with the old man sitting amongst his treasure as a cave-in sealed him away forever.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
So then, how did the camera crew get out?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
They hit themselves over the head with their cameras and knocked themselves out.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I remember this film, and there were other versions; one where a German spy closed an Englishman in who had a rifle round from a German soldier. It was a misfire that saved the Englishman's life.

The Englishman put it into a small hole he could see out of and hit the primer with a rock, killing the German bad guy.

There are several other take-offs.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
The movie was "Man Hunt", released in 1941, the main actor was Walter Pidgeon. It is shown on TCM every so often. I Love Ole movies too, no gas explosions, multiple murders, of gross sex. A real class actor in a movie not afraid of killing enemies of the democracy.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1minute, 1eyedmule, 160user, 1234, 10ring1, 1badf350, 52 invisible), 2,285 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,413
Posts18,507,144
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.