Hop To
#8915146 06/03/14
R
RIO7 Online Happy OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
2005 wrangler unlimited, Pro comp wheels and 33' pro comp tires,3" lift, warn wench,KC lights, steel front & rear bumpers,rear basket, steel rock rails, mag flow pipes,heat and air, tricked out sound system,custom seats,whole tub rino lined,tow bar and light rig, mostly pulled behind a motor home on vacations, garaged its whole life,black and chrome,27000 miles, runs great.looks new, not exactly what i was looking for but couldn't pass it up. rio7

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like a nice grab. Although I question why someone needed a 3" lift and big wheels to tow behind a RV? Different strokes for different folks I guess. Good deal for you.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
My guess is that they thought it looked waaay cool behind their motorhome, plus they had the money to do it?

Originally Posted by AB2506
Sounds like a nice grab. Although I question why someone needed a 3" lift and big wheels to tow behind a RV? Different strokes for different folks I guess. Good deal for you.

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
Theodore Roosevelt
R
RIO7 Online Happy OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
this guy had all the toys, big bus motor home, told me his wife bought a new land rover, to pull behind the bus,didn't need the jeep any more.but then i don't think they needed the jeep in the first place,i have been using the jeep for about a week here on the ranch,i think i made a good buy, $16500.00,runs & sounds good, hope it lasts as long and runs as long as my 1993 did. rio7

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Blue, congrats on a good ride. If it does what you want for that price, you got a deal. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

R
RIO7 Online Happy OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
Milespatton, my son was here hunting pigs with me about 6 weeks ago, my son is a real jeep nut, and has 3 jeeps, we were in my jeep hunting, and he said Dad, why dot you get rid of this piece of crap and get something that's not all worn out? really hurt my feelings! but i will admit my old 1993 with 300,00 ranch miles was about used up so i started looking, and the 2005 is what i found,it's got more stuff on it and it's a lot fanicyier than what i really need but now i'm really stylein,as my son would say.nothin like an old fart with a new toy. rio7

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like you made out like a bandit! Good for you!

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds like you did good. Now how about some pictures?

Tim

"I hate rude behaviour in a man .....I won't tolerate it." Capt. Woodrow F. Call (Tommy Lee Jones) The Movie "Lonesome Dove"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congrats on being able to put on 300K ranch miles! Have fun on getting the next 300K.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds like you got a good deal. I got a little more than that for mine with twice the miles as a trade in. You'll love it. They did have an issue with the rear main leaking, but not bad so it really never made any difference.

IC B3

R
RIO7 Online Happy OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
we took it in the shop and went over it , and serviced it couldn't find any thing wrong with it, so far have put about 600 miles on it on the ranch,runs great and is quieter than my old jeep and has a lot more power,will find out how good it is after a hunting season,so far im likin it. rio7

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like a cool rig. I'd love to find a good, low mileage '05 Unlimited, though I dunno if I would want one that somebody else modified.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KDK
I dunno if I would want one that somebody else modified.

This is exactly right. Sometime people know what they're doing, but a lot of time some dumbass kid got into more than he bargained for. It's typically not hard to figure out, and at least on Jeeps most of it isn't all that hard to fix.

RIO, glad the Jeep's working out for you. I really think you'll like it with the added room in the back. Just that much better of a good thing.

R
RIO7 Online Happy OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
I understand the somebody else modified comments, in this case this jeep belonged to a guy about 65 yrs old that had just about every toy you could have, restored old cars,boat, big bus motor home,8 car garage behind a huge house,trophy wife that was a real bell ringer,and he told me where he had the work done on the jeep, place called 4-wheel parts, in San Antonio,also told me if i ever needed 4-wheel parts to go there and give his name and they would give me 20% off, he didn't need to do that! think i just got lucky on this jeep. rio7

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oklahomahunter
Originally Posted by KDK
I dunno if I would want one that somebody else modified.

This is exactly right. Sometime people know what they're doing, but a lot of time some dumbass kid got into more than he bargained for. It's typically not hard to figure out, and at least on Jeeps most of it isn't all that hard to fix.

RIO, glad the Jeep's working out for you. I really think you'll like it with the added room in the back. Just that much better of a good thing.

Don't mind someone else doing the mods when they spent the big bucks doing it right.

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh, I'm not saying I wouldn't have pulled the trigger, just that I would have (and probably have somebody smarter than me) looked at it very closely...

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The first thing I'd do with it is get it "crossed-up" in a ditch so it'll teeter on two wheels, that is two on the ground and one or two in the air and check and see if the brake lines are long enough. If all is well there, and if the driveline doesn't vibrate, the steering works (check torque on related bolts) okay, I'd say all is well.

R
RIO7 Online Happy OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
most people that use a jeep are in rough up hill,down hill country,im not. here its sand no rocks, lots of brush, some places are rough as hell but its the talcum powder sand thats tough to get thru.i rarley get over 30mph, and thats on the hard roads.powder dust is my biggest problem, keeping filters clean is a must do job.keeping cooling system clean also must do job,everyone has differant uses for their jeeps mine are checking water wells there 58 of them, and hunting from sept. till march.so far this jeep is doing the job real well. rio7

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rio7, I don't want to sound like I'm bagging on your rig. As I said earlier, I like it, and I'm kinda jealous. Well done.

R
RIO7 Online Happy OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
KDK, glad you like my jeep,dont know how to post pictures or i would, the one thing i dont like about this jeep is its black, it looks like hell 5 min. after i wash it from the dust down here in S. Tex. one of the ranch hands told me yesterday -hell thats not dirt its S.Tex. como, guess i will have to live with it. rio7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 16gage, 007FJ, 16Racing, 12344mag, 74 invisible), 3,152 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,354
Posts18,487,968
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.