Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Bought his S&W 41 that was advertised here. Upper is not original to gun and will not retract. Taking to my gunsmith today.

Emailed him several days ago when I looked the gun over closely and he hasn't replied. Obviously, he could not care less...

What a bum. By his postings appears he is here to take advantage of the cost-free feature of selling on this site.

Life's too short to smoke cheap cigars....
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by balltownbob
Obviously, he could not care less...

Maybe he's out of town? Did you give him a call? I've had multiple dealings with Tim/hunthard as both a buyer and a seller and he is GTG. If there's an issue I have no doubt he would make it right.

Eric

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've only had one dealing with him but it went smooth.

You ain't about that life.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have to agree with the previous two posters. Tim has a very solid reputation on the forum and has been a very good guy any time I've talked with him. I will be very, very surprised if he's ignoring you on purpose or trying to screw you over.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I think he might work on the N. Slope. Probably 2 or 3 weeks at a time. Be patient.

IC B2

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I'd give it some more time. I've found him to be first class in our transactions.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I had a small transaction with him it was smooth

I assume and hope all will work out OK

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Tim is GTG. Great guy and above board on the many deals we have done.

Buy once, cry once.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Hunthard bought some ammo from me. Payment got here quickly and communication was good.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by balltownbob
Bought his S&W 41 that was advertised here. Upper is not original to gun and will not retract. Taking to my gunsmith today.

Emailed him several days ago when I looked the gun over closely and he hasn't replied. Obviously, he could not care less...

What a bum. By his postings appears he is here to take advantage of the cost-free feature of selling on this site.

I believe I queried that very subject, the originality of the upper. Don't recall seeing a reply... Oh well, another one to blow off. shocked

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Tim is a "class act".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've done a couple deals with him. No problems and would deal again.

Have Dog

Will Travel

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Agree here with the others: I have had nothing but stellar experiences with Tim. Not to say the OP doesn't have a case, as I understand there is are sides to every story. He's living Alaska (I believe?) so hopefully noting happened to him while out and about. Hoping this all works out for both parties...

-John

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep, he is good people. Don't overreact, I'm sure it's nothing.

Originally Posted by 8SNAKE
Have to agree with the previous two posters. Tim has a very solid reputation on the forum and has been a very good guy any time I've talked with him. I will be very, very surprised if he's ignoring you on purpose or trying to screw you over.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought a Kimber Mountain Ascent from him and have gone back and forth about a few other things and it was smooth as heck.

He's bought and sold a lot of items on here.

Personally, I think you're barking up the wrong tree here. I would bet if you gave it a few days he'd return your messages as soon as he received them. I understand you have some concerns but if you exercised a little patience I would bet he'll address them to your satisfaction.

I would certainly do biz with him anytime.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
He's been on here frequently, including yesterday. Send him a PM.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
HH is a quality guy, they get no better.
I've dealt with him both face to face and here many times and the guy always comes through.
And yes, Tim wheels and deals, but isn't about making money, the guy simply loves guns, gear and optics.
I know for a fact that he sells stuff at a loss.... I've bought some of that equipment!

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE

Well, apparently he can post here (yesterday PM) but not answer my email of several days ago....good guy.....uh huh....

Turns out gun was simply filthy and is now working fine.....it has other issues which should have been disclosed but weren't....I'm chalking this up to a bad experience and will never buy from this seller again....

Life's too short to smoke cheap cigars....
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The ad for the pistol says nothing about the upper being original. In fact I took the wording to mean that it was not original.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,410
Posts18,470,373
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.