-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Outlaw Josey Wales is the single best Clint Eastwood movie he made, in my opinion. I do believe I heard him express the same opinion in an interview. One heck of a good movie that was done well on all levels. Kinda like Burt Reynolds in Deliverance, one of their all time best individual performances that will stand the test of time, yet not quite good enough at the time they were released to win the top honors. Someone noted John Wayne, he had a ton of movies I'd love to watch most anytime. My favorite is True Grit, followed by the Jeff Bridges remake. Though, the Jeff Bridges version was most remarkable and probably the better of the two, I still feel loyalty to the John Wayne version.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
"Hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got, and all he's ever gonna have."

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm still trying to figure out why this is on the handgun forum. confused

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by derby_dude
I'm still trying to figure out why this is on the handgun forum. confused

You should try and get to the bottom of that.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by RickBin
"We all have it coming, kid."

Best movie Clint ever made, IMO.

yep. I watched it last night too. one of the great all time movies, period.

moral of the story is don't give clint whiskey.

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
My fault, I was in a hurry when I created this Post. Was surfing the Fire while watching Unforgiven.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by deflave
Best western ever made.

Travis

Agree.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Tombstone was the best Western ever made. "

disagree, it is 2nd best. however ... you shouldn't take that to mean that I like tombstone any less ...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
My fault, I was in a hurry when I created this Post. Was surfing the Fire while watching Unforgiven.

You'd have to be born without a penis to be concerned about where you posted your thought.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
'Hang 'em High' is pretty good too but 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly' is the greatest western of all time.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Nobody has mentioned "Two Mules For Sister Sarah"

It's one of my favorite Eastwood "oldies"

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickBin
"We all have it coming, kid."

Best movie Clint ever made, IMO.
+1. Favorite part of mine is at the end where he's telling them all not to shoot at him or he'll kill them and their families and burn their houses down.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Is on the Encore Channel right now. One of the best of all the "Modern" Westerns.
Then followed by "A Fistful of Dollars" and then "The Gauntlet"

i like the entire kaleidoscope of Eastwood westerns...

in my mind, what "makes them" is the very clever, succinct one-liners throughout the drama...

they were so memorable, that from the mid 70's onward, whenever Pat (scenarshooter), and i would call each other to visit, we would often start our conversation with some verbatim--or creatively modified--'Eastwood line'--replete with "the voice" to break the ice...it was always a fun way to start a nice visit--visits about the next hunt, what we were working on, etc., etc.

a few years back, on one rainy Memorial day weekend, wifey and i went to Wallyworld to buy a couple movies for the weekend. i selected a couple of Eastwood's films. while shopping, we ran into the local police chief, and subsequently, wife and he began to visit. when he saw the flicks in my hand, he laughed and mentioned that they were some of his very favorites. i had to laugh too--because no matter who you are, they are easily accepted as a fundamental part of our culture and upbringing...

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Searchers is the best movie ever made. Since it's also a western, it is the best western ever made. The Outlaw Josey Wales, High Plains Drifter, Kelly's Heroes and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly are all better Eastwood movies than Unforgiven. Unforgiven has its moments, but it wouldn't even make my top twenty all-time westerns. Maybe the top hundred. I have to conclude that a lot of folks just haven't watched many westerns.

Gene Hackman was in quite a few westerns, but I just don't see him as a western actor. I would have liked to have seen somebody like Tom Selleck, cast against type, as Little Bill.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My wife and I are Eastwood fans but I can take or leave Unforgiven although that's one of my wife's favorite movies.

Eastwood has certainly become an American icon.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My favorite seen is where Gene Hackman tries to get "English Bob" to take the loaded handgun in the jail cell from the dumb ass biographer.

Of course, ole English Bob doesn't know the Six Shooter is loaded!

My favorite scene is near the end. Eastwood walks into a bar with a 12ga. SxS and faces down 20 bad guys including ole English Bob. little Bill

Last edited by Hotload; 06/09/14.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Hotload
My favorite seen is where Gene Hackman tries to get "English Bob" to take the loaded handgun in the jail cell from the dumb ass biographer.

My favorite scene is near the end. Eastwood walks into a bar with a 12ga. SxS and faces down 20 bad guys including ole English Bob.

English Bob is run out of town well before that scene.

Travis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep! Definately one of his all time Top Three Movies, in my Book. My favorite is "Pale Rider" followed by "The Outlaw Josey Wales!

My favorite of his "new" movies is Definately "Grand Torino"

Yes and Yes .... Grand Torino is 95 % great ... except for the ending.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Hotload

My favorite scene is near the end. Eastwood walks into a bar with a 12ga. SxS and faces down 20 bad guys including ole English Bob.

English Bob is run out of town well before that scene.

Travis

should have said Little Bill

Last edited by Hotload; 06/09/14.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
"All right, I'm coming out! Any man I see out there, I'm gonna kill him! Any sonofabitch takes a shot at me.. I'm not only gonna kill him, I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down!"

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 68 invisible), 2,515 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,467
Posts18,529,234
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.